Seattle or Dallas in the first round? (MERGED)

Who would you rather the Kings play in the first round

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Peja, Brad and Bobby don't come back for the first round of the playoffs we are - simply and quite frankly - doomed no matter who we play. Our role players have stepped up time and time again and pulled out wins when it shouldn't have been possible but the playoffs aren't one game. In a seven-game series, role players cannot possibly fill the gaps.

Rockmeister said:
If the Kings lose their last 2 games, who do we play? San Antonio?
I think Denver would have to win both of theirs or else we would still play Seattle. Didn't we only play Denver 3 times and win 2 out of the 3?

KP said:
I think Denver would have to win both of theirs or else we would still play Seattle. Didn't we only play Denver 3 times and win 2 out of the 3?
Yea, we did win 2 out of 3. What if Denver loses one of their games? Who do the Kings play? Man, this is confusing. :)

Grobar said:
give me the mavs any day. we've given them hell in the playoffs before even when we didn't win. i really don't like our matchup with seattle. they handled us this season, and we know the mavs in and out,even if they change their roster every year. i'd stick with familiar territory.
Mavs are a completely different team now.

1 to 4 i say Seattle...they handled us very well in the regular season but with our new guys i think we'll have a better chance at them now..but please don't slip down to 7 or 8...Kings don't have a chance with Spurs and Phoenix..w/o Brad/Bobby, i'd be happy to see the kings at least squeak in the 1st round at least i get to watch them longer in the playoffs...but then if we make it to 2nd round w/ Brad,Bobby...it'll be a different story...

Rockmeister said:
Yea, we did win 2 out of 3. What if Denver loses one of their games? Who do the Kings play? Man, this is confusing. :)
Yeah it's tuff to keep track, but I know Houston has the tie-break against us and an easy schedule so they should stay in front of us now and since we have a 1 game lead and the tie-break against Denver, if we beat Utah, we should stay 6th... I could be completely wrong though... man, this is confusing.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
With the loss tongiht we have really put ourselves in the catbird's seat for that #6 slot. It was not all a bad thing. If we beat Utah (let's say 75% chance) or Denver loses in Phoenix(let's say 75% chance), the danger of falling to #7 is gone, and we'll actually walk onto the court against Phoenix with the ability to inentionally LOSE to assure ouorselves of #6. In some ways working out perfectly. Only if we both drop the game at Utah AND Denver pulls the upset in Phoenix, do we suddenly get ourselves into an ugly must-win situation to avoid a nasty fall to #7.

Rockets have the clippers and sonics at home ,they should win those both games with ease . Unless they have want to tank which i doubt it but your never know . Kings can win both games and still have 6th seed as long as rockets win their both games.

rockets win their 2 games

kings win their 2 games

5.houston (51-31)

6.Kings (51-31)

7.Nuggets (50-32)

Bricklayer said:
With the loss tongiht we have really put ourselves in the catbird's seat for that #6 slot. It was not all a bad thing. If we beat Utah (let's say 75% chance) or Denver loses in Phoenix(let's say 75% chance), the danger of falling to #7 is gone, and we'll actually walk onto the court against Phoenix with the ability to inentionally LOSE to assure ouorselves of #6. In some ways working out perfectly. Only if we both drop the game at Utah AND Denver pulls the upset in Phoenix, do we suddenly get ourselves into an ugly must-win situation to avoid a nasty fall to #7.

do we still have a chance to get the 5th seed

because i dont want the sixth because even if its easier in hte first round then we most likely play sanantonio

If ...

PejaHoops16 said:

because i dont want the sixth because even if its easier in hte first round then we most likely play sanantonio
King's win both their remaining games and Houston loses 1 of theirs
or

Houston loses both of their remaining, King's win 1 of their remaining

piksi

Hall of Famer
PejaHoops16 said:

We do, however, on on our own. Houston would have to help us

I think Seattle is the ideal matchup for the Kings. Of course, that's assuming Peja is healthy. After watching Brad Miller on tape last week it does not look like he is going to be anywhere near 100% in the next two weeks.

I still would give the edge to Seattle but I think the games should be close.

rexb_kings said:
1 to 4 i say Seattle...they handled us very well in the regular season but with our new guys i think we'll have a better chance at them now..but please don't slip down to 7 or 8...Kings don't have a chance with Spurs and Phoenix..w/o Brad/Bobby, i'd be happy to see the kings at least squeak in the 1st round at least i get to watch them longer in the playoffs...but then if we make it to 2nd round w/ Brad,Bobby...it'll be a different story...
we can't fall to 8th

We have to play the sonics to have a chance to get out of the first round . I HATE THE MAVS WITH PASSION !. But this year with our injuries , we have to play a sonics team that is not as deepest team in the league (mavs ). Mavs have the deepest rotation in the league by far , mavs are a lot better defensive team this year than the past 3-4 years. I HATE THE MAVS WITH PASSION , but we need to play the sonics to have a chance to get into the second round .

NORTHWEST VS NOCAL !

Get Better soon #16,B-52, B-Jax!!!

kingsville said:
We have to play the sonics to have a chance to get out of the first round . I HATE THE MAVS WITH PASSION !. But this year with our injuries , we have to play a sonics team that is not as deepest team in the league (mavs ). Mavs have the deepest rotation in the league by far , mavs are a lot better defensive team this year than the past 3-4 years. I HATE THE MAVS WITH PASSION , but we need to play the sonics to have a chance to get into the second round .

NORTHWEST VS NOCAL !

Get Better soon #16,B-52, B-Jax!!!
you too

tyrant said:
ALWAYS REMEMBER. for every season series that we lose to the mavericks, we end up winning in the playoffs.
As a Kings fan I love that little "fun fact"

however...

I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that piece of evidence wouldn't hold up in a court of law...

that really doesn't mean much its just a trend...and really probably just a coincidence...i hate to admit