San Antonio vs. Detroit - NBA Finals

Who wins NBA Championship?

• Pistons

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Spurs

Votes: 64 65.3%

• Total voters
stevetaebo said:
T-minus 8 hours till the "Why can't CWebb be more like Robert Horry by Aileen Voison" article comes out
lol. here's the headline:

"Unlike Webber, Horry can Hit the Game Winners" by Aleine Voison

Sacramento - It was inevitable that Robert Horry...blah, blah, blah...by comparison, Chris Webber could never...blah, blah, blah...

man oh man...

i listened to the 4th QT ( that was the earliest i could get the station to come in driving home from tahoe, got it in placerville on KHTK) and i was freaking out the whole time. luckily horry saved duncan's bacon. duncan did have good numbers this game, but he unraveled at the end of the 4th. 6 missed free throws IN A ROW, and that miss chippy that would have won the game in regulation. DUNK the ball...... had the pistons won it would have been becuase of that IMO.

that being said, duncan was the reason they were in the game in the 4th. horry did have a great 4th and OT, but duncan had a great game, 26-19 is never a bad game, so it is hard to really knock on him. missed free throw in the crunch are so annoying!!!!!!! eh what can i say, i am used to them.... they just never get old...

that 3 did bring back some sad thoughts, reminders of the series that shall not be named *tear* but at the same time it was like... hmm, well at least he did it to someone else this time.

i can't get over that dunk of horry's, that thing was SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! his arms looked like elasagirl's from the incredibles :D i loved that!!!!!! i jumped up when i saw it on sportscenter.

i hope the spurs wrap it up tuesday, but you never know with these pistons, they do seem to win those games they need to. hopefully being at home will give the spurs the juice they need to win in front of their fans.

go spurs go

"duncan was the reason they were in the game in the 4th."

????

Duncan was the reason they were in the game TIL the 4th...he stunk it up in the 4th, (1-7 on FREE throws!), and Horry bailed him out.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think she meant if Duncan hadn't done well the first three quarters, the Spurs wouldn't have been in any position to pull this game out...

:D

PixelPusher said:
lol. here's the headline:

"Unlike Webber, Horry can Hit the Game Winners" by Aleine Voison

Sacramento - It was inevitable that Robert Horry...blah, blah, blah...by comparison, Chris Webber could never...blah, blah, blah...

"Unlike Webber, Sheed only nearly blows game with timeout"

I've been dying for a good close game and OT but I missed it.:( They did show the end on ESPN this morning so I saw some. I decided against setting the VCR, really did not feel like watching another blowout. Dammit. Horry did his thing, that's for sure. Nice we weren't the victims this time. I knew Spurs would win one in Detroit, I just picked the wrong one but they'll take it home now. Yea SPURS!!! Nice job by Manu from what I saw and heard. I wish ESPN radio came in better, couldn't really hear what was going on.

Bad day in the house of Dani. Wow. What a blow. I thought the Pistons had it. It was a hard fought game and Horry does it again. I think I actually heard my husbands heart break a little. We were speachless. My hope is almost all gone now. 2 in a row in SA???? Wow!!

loopymitch said:
Sorry Daniela, you have a better chance of seeing a healthy Kings team for more than 5 games than Detroit winning 2 in a row in SA.
Not impossible, these Pistons set all sorts of records: Coming back being 0-2 against the Heat who had home court advantage, lowest number of turnovers in a finals game, outscoring their oppent for 9 consecutive quaters.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Mad D said:
Not impossible, these Pistons set all sorts of records: Coming back being 0-2 against the Heat who had home court advantage, lowest number of turnovers in a finals game, outscoring their oppent for 9 consecutive quaters.
Think they would need another fortuitous injury to make it happen this time. Ironically its possible detroit doesn't even make it to the Finals the last two years without major injuries to their opponents (Indiana/Miami). But of course, as any troll will tell you, "injuries don't matter". :rolleyes:

Mad D said:
It would indeed be a near monumental accomplishment for the Pistons to win the last two games in SA, especially considering they haven't won at that building in so long.

And, just quibbling here, but I think the Pistons won the first game of their series with the Heat.

man the spurs don't look like they want to win tonight. their D hasn't looked all that great, billups is doing whatever he wants. tim isn't taking charge, and they are missing free throws like crazy!!!

come on spurs get your act together!!!!! win this TONIGHT!

Nailbiter at this point in the 4th. Pistons up by 3, Spurs ball, and Horry just sliced a six point lead in half with a triple. You'd think the Pistons' big guys would have a mandate not to leave him open at any point during the 4th quarter of this game.

Sheed with 5 fouls is sitting on the bench.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wow, Timmy is really letting the Spurs down in the last two games. He's almost surely going to get Finals MVP if the Sprs pull it out, but its really by default. Putting huge pressure on all his teammates to step up and cover for him.

Pistons up 5 with 90 seconds left, and ESPN radio analyst Jack Ramsey just said that a tip in by Sheed to push the lead to 5 may be the dagger. Please. No 5 point lead is safe with Horry roaming the perimeter. Pistons will have to pay close attention to him down the stretch, not to mention Bruce Bowen (who will hit threes from the corner).

Still, game 6 shaping up to be another solid game. If the Spurs win tonight, I guess Duncan wins MVP, or potentially Manu, but neither have had superior games tonight.

Duncan and Manu have missed 8 free throws between them in this game 6. Pistons up 7 with 23 seconds left in the game. Barring another Horry miracle and terrible free throw shooting by the Pistons, there should be a game 7 upcoming. Hopefully it will be as close as these last two games.