San Antonio vs. Detroit - NBA Finals

Who wins NBA Championship?

• Pistons

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Spurs

Votes: 64 65.3%

• Total voters
Bricklayer said:
If someone on the Spurs other than Robert Horry doesn't step up and show some heart, the Pistons may do just that. And that would be very interesting for the Spurs. The fact, often plastered over, is that the Spurs have been a shaky team under pressure through the entire Tim Duncan era, and rings or no, they have repeatedly collapsed under pressure and given every reason to seriously question how much they had beating under the left side of their chest. Was the reason I always thought we could take them in our prime. We at least went down swinging. If the Spurs were actually to add this collapse to the one in 2004 and 2001, have to wonder how it would effect them mentally, both as players, and as a franchise.

They are the more talented team. They SHOULD win, and with their youth they should have the chance to continue winning for years to come. But if they do not, if they find a way to choke of 4 of 5 to lose in historic fashion, (and really without Horry (who is a playoff entity unto himself) they have already been swept out again)...ouch. They NEED this game badly, and not just because its the Finals.
Well said. I think if the Spurs lose this game they wont become a dynasty and win many championships in the next couple of years like many predict they will. San Antonio hasnt been to a game 7 before at least in Tim Duncan era.

The pistons beat the Heat in game 7 on their home floor and have played like and have been the better team this series.

i agree brick. the spurs have choked many times, but this would be by far their biggest choke. i was listening to rome this morning, and he said if the spurs do lose, the spurs will get more run for choking then the pistons will for winning, which will be true. up 2-0, then up 3-2 after a miracle shot, if they lose, oh damn, san antonio will be on sucide watch for a few hours.

i was listening to rick barry yesterday and he was PISSED. he said the refs have been horrible, saying ben wallace has been allowed to foul duncan every time he goes to rim, moving screens (cough cough RASHEED cough cough) and rip having no right to complain about not getting a call on the last shot of game 5 ( 2 offensive fouls and a travel from him during that sequence). not my words, his.

he also said dick bavetta will be one of the refs, so the spurs should get calls. i've also been hearing joe crawford being thrown out there, but i'm not sure. part of me wishes javie would be there for T time :D

go spurs go tonight! don't choke it away!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If the Pistons are unstoppable, why is the series tied 3-3?

If anything, it's the Spurs title to lose IMHO much more than the Pistons to win.

But that's why they make them play the game...

;)

Ben Wallace with 4 of the Pistons first 6 points (both off of actual shots instead of dunks).

Spurs offense isn't as sharp as it could be. Both defenses playing very well from the sound of it at the beginning of this game.

Brent Barry in the game for Tony Parker quickly in the first quarter after Parker commits two turnovers early.

First timeout to the Spurs with 6:43 left in the first quarter. Pistons open up the game shooting 60% from the floor, and have a 12-6 lead. Manu has come to play tonight, Duncan has missed a couple of shots that he will probably start to make, and Parker could be playing better.

Good sign for the Spurs: Detroit 0-2 from three to this point.

Manu with two fouls in the first quarter, so he's out and Parker is back in the game. Spurs have scored the last 6 points to tie the game at 12 with 5 minutes to go in the first.

if billups gets at all hot in this game, i want bowen gaurding him. i know rip is dangerous, but rip isn't a 3 point threat like billups is.

manu and billups with 2 fouls, that favors the spurs IMO since billups is playing better then manu. duncan looking good so far, loved that block on big ben.

and that minseries empire looks like it's going to be a rip off of gladiator!!!!! and i'm SO SICK of that rob thomas song!!!!!

4 minutes left in the first, tie game at 12. McDyess in for 'Sheed, Hunter in for Billups.

Barry playing well --- gets a steal in the most recent sequence.

Pistons haven't scored in about 4 or 5 minutes, and have missed their last 6 shots --- stuck on 12. Horry knocks down a three to extend Spurs run to 10 points, Spurs up 16 to 12.

Spurs up 18 to 16 after the first quarter. Spurs shoot 8 for 20, Pistons 8 for 21. Horry has a three pointer and one free throw for the margin of the lead. Pistons 0 - 3 from three point land. Spurs with 3 turnovers, Pistons with 2 turnovers. Rebounding about even at this point.

I like the action of this game to this point. I just really want a close game with about 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and may the best team win from there.

the crowd has delievered. it's either been " go spurs go" or " defense" on every trip!

i can only imagine what arco would sound like in a game 7. i think they would put this to shame to be honest.

frenchie for threeeeeeeeeeee

Pistons with 5 offensive rebounds to this point (McDyess with 3 of those) --- certainly helping the Pistons stay close.

Parker hits a three to tie the game at 23.

Ben Wallace picks up his 2nd foul. 6 minutes left in the second quarter. McDyess and Wallace with two fouls at this point, and Duncan is being very aggressive.

'Sheed now picks up his 2nd foul, so all three of the Pistons' big men have two fouls, and still 6 minutes left in the second quarter. This could be trouble for the Pistons.

manu is the only spur in foul trouble with 2. but nazr probably catches up with him at some point.

speaking of mohammad, he's fumbled some good passes that would have been easy scores. he's got to be sharper.

duncan has 8 and 3, horry has 8. rip has 8, and big ben has 5 as the game leaders.

MVP will be either duncan or billups IMO, depending on who wins. horry might have a shot if he has a really clutch shot.

'Sheed picks up his 3rd, so McDyess is now in the game.

Parker playing quite tightly since he knows he's got a short leash -- just missed a layup.

McDyess hits a shot to give the Pistons a 27 to 25 lead, but Barry answers with a three to give the Spurs a 1 point lead. Barry playing very well in this game.

al micheals is really annoying. hubie is so pistons biased it's ridiculous.

BONES!!!!!! his dad must be so nervous right now.

COME ON SPURS PLAY BETTER D!!!!!!! i thought you were the best defensive team in the league?!?!?! what's going on here??? you ranked better then detroit, and in a better confrence. SHOW ME THE D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm amazed how often the pistons hold and get away with it. on every defensive possesion, they are holding a spur. it's ridiculous. lindsey hunter has been the primary guy.

nice parker!!!

ben wallace has been scoring prettywell, hey spurs, you might want to guard him. just a thought.

oh good they finally called something on hunter. SHOCKING! only his 2nd.

spurs, make your free throws!