[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how we saved him until the final few games of the year to further throw teams off. Intentional or not, i freakin love it.
I'd like to see Len in with Sabonis to protect the rear paint - granted it hamstrings the offense some. Len knows to cut, and actually has some latent passing touch. Unfortunately he doesn't have a jumpshot but he's in there to shot block and rebound on both ends. He moves well, and he clearly brought high effort.....Brown kudos for getting him motivated.

Honestly, they don't need to make any trades, just concentrate on resigning and extending the players they have, and possibly draft a rookie at Best Player available.

De'Aaron effing Fox matched Steph Curry haymaker for ****ing haymaker and the Kings somehow someway lit the beam on a night where 3/5 of their starting lineup sorta forgot to show up. Not a whimper indeed.
My goodness. The first player for our team to truly go blow for blow with Curry like that and come out on top. I’m still on an incredible high

I'd like to see Len in with Sabonis to protect the rear paint - granted it hamstrings the offense some. Len knows to cut, and actually has some latent passing touch. Unfortunately he doesn't have a jumpshot but he's in there to shot block and rebound on both ends. He moves well, and he clearly brought high effort.....Brown kudos for getting him motivated.

Honestly, they don't need to make any trades, just concentrate on resigning and extending the players they have, and possibly draft a rookie at Best Player available.
AGREED! Len and Sabonis couldn’t hurt to at least try and see for a stretch. Hopefully when we’re up double figures in the second half and can experiment for a couple minutes lol

Who else's heart almost stopped in that last sequence when the warriors had the ball down one?

LTTTBBBBBBBBB!!!
i was already running through the headlines over in my head about Wiggins, his magical return and the game winning 3 when his shot went up there. Boy did we dodge a major missile there.

Just got home from the game and wow, how to process all the emotions and feelings? Sacramento made us proud tonight. We stepped up big time. I was optimistic that the Warrior fans would be on the lower end of a regular season game but even I didn’t think the ratio would be so big. Maybe 1:20. They were barely audible and the only time I noticed them was walking around the concourse. From beginning to end, it was pure magic and mayhem. I don’t think my section sat down the entirety of the 4th quarter. I’ve never hugged and high fived so many random strangers in my life, but tonight we were one big Kings family. When the Kings came out on the floor for warm ups, i couldnt help but get emotional as i recalled memories of the 96 series vs Seattle. though the ovation didnt seem to last as long aa that one, the intensity was the same. As the game went on and ultimately the Kings emerged victorious my phone was blowing up from family and friends from all over the US offering congratulations and commenting about how amazing the arena experience looked and sounded on TV. So proud to be a Kings fan tonight. Enjoy the ride.

Stephen Jackson just said on Kings post game that this was the worst defense he has seen. I thought both teams mostly played well on defense lol
Definitely! He’s crazy cuz I’ve seen much worse defense and some of it from our very own squad lol guys were making absolutely wild shots in this one. The opening quarter and down the stretch were impressive showings for us on that end. Much to build on.

What a treat it was to have Mark Jones call this game on national TV
You can tell he tried his hardest to sound neutral, but, at times it was like he said “screw it, ya’ll know what’s up” lol he was outright rooting hard for our Kings. Couldn’t have asked for a better announcer IMO for this moment, other than the G-man of course. I wonder if he asked to do this game or if there’s some other way announcers can bid for certain games.

Here's some nice statistiscs on 1st round 1st game and 2nd game winners winning the series that most probably k now........~80% of the time team that wins game 1 wins the series. How about also game 2? ~94% of the time team that wins both first and 2nd game win the series.

Rosy.

Attachments

caught my breath, time for a long winded game 1 rundown.

I’m glad some of my keys from the series thread turned out to be glaring in game 1.

The two major advantages I expected the Kings to have is rebounding and points in the paint. Kings won both handily despite leaving a lot off the score with Domas rough night finishing at the hoop.

Also, the X-factor was winning the bench battle and exactly the two guys I expected to have big game 1’s and overall I expect to have big series. Malik and Trey.

Len and Davion also both had strong games.

Warriors bench also played well, but the key is taking out Jordan Poole.

Wiggins is going to give us problems. He’s a tough matchup but I think we can limit Poole. We did in the second half and it was huge. He’s the target. The guy Kings need to take out of the game. We also have to make sure Kuminga and Payton don’t put together above average games offensively to cover for it.

They’ll sag off Domas all series long unless he starts knocking down a bunch of threes. I’m not worried about it. He really was just missing a lot of easy shots tonight. It wasn’t a good game but could’ve easily been a 20-16 bad game and the Kings win by a decent margin, who knows?. I’m not worried about it. 5-17 is abnormal for him. Looney and Green deserve a lot of credit but that’s just simply not going to happen very often.

I’m also not worried about Huerter. He got a lot of the looks we normally get him and at the same quantity. He just missed them. I thought he stuck with Klay very will in the final few minutes of the game.

HB had a sneaky solid game in the end. Strong first quarter and fourth quarter.

Keegan also had some good looks

Kings manufactured an explosive offensive game on arrhythmic 18 team assists. We’ll see what they accomplish when they hit a rhythm.

You can argue the Kings “escaped” this game but what I saw was a team that was taken mostly out of their game for nearly 3 quarters finding a way to win against a Warriors team that was playing in a good rhythm, getting good balance, having a hot 4th quarter by Steph and Klay, and a team that mostly executed their game plan by their own admission.

Kings are the team to make adjustments up 1-0. The Warriors did what they wanted to do…and lost.

Also, shout out to Sacramento and the organizations. Everybody, including me(and the players) thought Warriors fans would occupy atleast 30 percent of the arena. Not even close. They might as well have been an east coast team coming to Sac.

My heart rate in the fourth quarter was insane. I had to chill myself out and remind myself it was only game 1 after the broadcast showed a replay that blurred out at the end(it was because of the broadcast not me) and I thought I was having a heart attack or something before they went back to the live game and it was clear.

anyway, good win

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.