[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
8-13 from the field, 14-14 from the line, 32 pts in 29 min for Malik.

I hear his name means "King" in Arabic.

My goodness.
The beautiful thing about him is that teams can’t really plan for what he does. You just have to hope he doesn’t get into a rhythm. That wild Clipper game immediately gave me confidence in what could happen for us in the playoffs.

Also, with this win we just guaranteed game 5 in our building, no? Wonderful.

Did they? I dunno.....looked like Kings style win. Jason Williams and Vlade shown how itss done.
Yeah I dont think we stole this. I mean, I sure am glad Wiggins missed that corner 3, but we willed this victory despite Sabonis losing his touch around the rim and Keegan not being able to make a single jumper.

I dont think that Harrison Barnes 3 near the end was out of rythym either, he hit that stepback J with all the confidence that he knew he had a clean look.

Anyone who had second thoughts about resigning Barnes needs to re-watch this game though. Thats our Forward. There's simply no freaking way in the world Mike Brown wouldnt vouch for him as necessary.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The beautiful thing about him is that teams can’t really plan for what he does. You just have to hope he doesn’t get into a rhythm. That wild Clipper game immediately gave me confidence in what could happen for us in the playoffs.

Also, with this win we just guaranteed game 5 in our building, no? Wonderful.
Warriors have to win a game first to guarantee that game five happens though

Stephen Jackson just said on Kings post game that this was the worst defense he has seen. I thought both teams mostly played well on defense lol
Neither team is a defensive powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination, but effort was made. Some ridiculous shots were hit by Curry and Klay. 30 footers over 2 defenders, a rainbow 3 in the corner while falling out of bounds with a hand in your face. What can you do? I thought we were decent, but these guys know each other after years and years of battles. Warriors get away with a lot of physicality, even Looney. One of those jump balls with Sabonis, he literally just grabbed both his arms and was nowhere near fighting for possession. That’s experience and being the current champion gets you that slack.

Game plan for next game should be attack the paint and drive and dish.

They'll call us a fluke until we're hoisting the Larry O'Brien Trophy.
Watching the abc pregame it’s clear there is a huge portion of nba fans nationally that have no idea what this team is about. This was an awesome game, but I can think of 10 other masterpiece games this year as well because this team is so damn fun. It actually feels fun to know some fans are just now paying attention. It was only game one, but this was a coming out party for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.