[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draymond playing like he spent all morning watching clips of Rikishi on YouTube.
I mean look at Draymonds left foot if you really want to see what happened there. Thats a basketball play, feet got tangled.

Good no call IMO. Sabonis has him hooked so their both making sure they arent the only one going down.

the way they sorta didnt get up right away that was the funkiest part of the collision from what I saw.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean look at Draymonds left foot if you really want to see what happened there. Thats a basketball play, feet got tangled.

Good no call IMO. Sabonis has him hooked so their both making sure they arent the only one going down.
I generally skew on the side of no calls but at the same time, considering the timing and magnitude of the possession I kinda feel like it would have at least behooved everyone involved to have the play blown dead so each side could at least employ five players at once.

I imagine Stephen Jackson came to that conclusion over 5 things mainly;

1 ) The Warriors perimeter defense trying to stay infront of De'Aaron and Malik was nothing short of abysmal (they were consistently discarding warriors defenders with ease). There was even that one play in the first half where they tried to double team Fox and he just blew past both of them, though that didnt result in a bucket it was still hilarious, Doris got a kick out of that. Draymond talks down about all the other great defensive players in the league like their inferior but he got TORCHED by De'Aaron at every opportunity in this one too.

2) some of the layups the Kings allowed on straightline drives in halfcourt offense. You never want High School Wiggins to show up at the NBA level, which he used to play Center back in highschool and just live at the rim n get tons of oboards, n there were a handful of those moments tn.

3) some of these pumpfakes by the Warriors are getting Kings defenders to jump too easily, seemed like over and over they got clean looks after pumpfaking someone try to close out.

4) Trey Lyles should never be getting as clean looks as he did from 3 tonight, especially after he made a few.

5) ANDREW WIGGINS IS WIIIIIIDE OPEN IN THE CORNER FOR THAT 3 with the game on the line.. Thats Wayyyyy too dangerous to gamble on, gotta be better.

N I think honestly some of those Sabonis misses werent a result of good defense they were more bad touch by Sabonis.

I do think the Kings defenders did a good job using their hands to bother the Warriors dribble though. Curry turned the ball over twice at halfcourt, thats gotta be really abnormal, no way that happens often! There was also this play where De'Aaron made an amazing acrobatic contest on the 6'8" long armed Kuminga in transition when it seemed Kuminga had a lane.

Last edited:
Warriors literally threw every long athletic wing they could at Fox including the smaller Payton and it didn’t matter. Would have a couple years ago, but Fox isn’t just super fast now. The way he takes his time, gathers on a dime and can hit from anywhere is so difficult to defend. Who else is glad he started taking a few more 3’s toward the end of the season? Seems like he did it just for games like this.

Domas 5-17
Huerter 3-12
Keegan 1-5

8-34 combined shooting... and we still win this game?

Can't say enough about Fox and Monk. The Best Friend boost is absolutely real as we hear them talk about it more and more.

Also... LFG to the bench. We get blown out of this one without them. Davion is absolutely needed for every minute he's out there with the perimeter defense, Monk picked up the scoring slack, Lyles was our best spacer on the night and Len gave excellent rim protection and was huge on the glass vs a small Warriors.

I didn't think we'd go to Len, but man. He's earned every single minute, dude needs to be in the playoff rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.