Put Miller at the 4 Get a real def. 5 or trade him...

Efficency (sp?) wise he had a great year. Career year meaning he put up about max he is capable of. He has slowed down though you all are right, and would get dominated by athletic 4s out there, but he is a pretty big body, and could use it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'd rather have a player that rebounded a little less, but was more involved on defense, which Miller was in 2004-05, playing center.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Not I said the fly -- would take 03-04 Brad over any of the subsequent versions, but he's still being overrated. Vlade helped on offense of course. But that was also the beginning of our miserable defensive years -- perhaps not coincidentally beginning just as Brad arrived in town -- and a large part of it was we had no defensive presence inside and Brad was having trouble keeping up with the quicker players at PF. We took the old Kings approach of just go out and outscore them, but Brad at PF was hardly an unmitigated success. Just aa feel good year, and we were hapopy to have anybody legit to fill in for Webb, but 14pts 10rebs with bad defense is a middling PF -- lot of talent at that position in the league.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Efficency (sp?) wise he had a great year. Career year meaning he put up about max he is capable of. He has slowed down though you all are right, and would get dominated by athletic 4s out there, but he is a pretty big body, and could use it.
According to basketballreference.com, Miller was statistically more efficient (23.71 efficiency rating) in 2004-05 than he was in 2003-04 (22.89).

R

Rome

The 03-04 Brad looked very good but I don't think we will ever see that Brad again because of the leg injury.

According to basketballreference.com, Miller was statistically more efficient (23.71 efficiency rating) in 2004-05 than he was in 2003-04 (22.89).

Oh I know, I was saying that basically his PF year went as good as any other he has had (although the next year at center was a bit better).

I would like to see how he fares at PF. Maybe give him some time there in camp/pre-season and see if he can adjust.

The 03-04 Brad looked very good but I don't think we will ever see that Brad again because of the leg injury.
Was the injury that bad? I never knew he was injured so bad. He has declined in play last year about as much as he could and still be a starter imo.

\

Was the injury that bad? I never knew he was injured so bad. He has declined in play last year about as much as he could and still be a starter imo.
A lot of it has to do with his attitude. I don't think his heart is hear in Sacramento and he wants to go back to Indiana sooner than later. His sour face is also getting annoying. :rolleyes:

Not I said the fly -- would take 03-04 Brad over any of the subsequent versions, but he's still being overrated. Vlade helped on offense of course. But that was also the beginning of our miserable defensive years -- perhaps not coincidentally beginning just as Brad arrived in town -- and a large part of it was we had no defensive presence inside and Brad was having trouble keeping up with the quicker players at PF. We took the old Kings approach of just go out and outscore them, but Brad at PF was hardly an unmitigated success. Just aa feel good year, and we were hapopy to have anybody legit to fill in for Webb, but 14pts 10rebs with bad defense is a middling PF -- lot of talent at that position in the league.
Yet when Webber came back and Brad went to the bench we fell from the number one seed all the way to the four seed...hmm...

What about Artest at PF? (really)

PG - Bibby
SG - KM
SF - Bonzi
PF - Artest
C - Miller

KT is the same size as Artest, yet Artest plays with more muscle

Bench

1. 'Cisco
2. KT
3. SAR
That's a good lineup as a change of pace or to throw a weird look at opposing teams but it wouldn't be very effective long term. As much crap as Brad gets for his rebounding as a C, Artest isn't a whole lot better as a SF. He would only be worse as a PF, leaving us with two really bad rebounders at the 4 and 5.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yet when Webber came back and Brad went to the bench we fell from the number one seed all the way to the four seed...hmm...
Are you arguing that Miller is a better PF than Webber? Are you completely disregarding the injuries to the rest of the roster after Webber came back? Are you ignoring the fact that Divac quit on the team?

Are you arguing that Miller is a better PF than Webber? Are you completely disregarding the injuries to the rest of the roster after Webber came back? Are you ignoring the fact that Divac quit on the team?
Nah...I'm just saying that back then, we had a good team, best record in the league actually, with Miller at the 4. That's all. :) He's much too slow for that now though.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What an insightful point.

No, I did not notice that. :rolleyes: Nor that we finally had to play some tough teams, on the road, with Brad hurt, and Bobby out, and Vlade either getting old or giving up, and Peja pouting and Webb a shell of himself.

But hey, we sure were good at beating Atlanta at home in the firat half of that year. Never mind we couldn't have held the sisters of the poor under 100.

What an insightful point.

No, I did not notice that. :rolleyes: Nor that we finally had to play some tough teams, on the road, with Brad hurt, and Bobby out, and Vlade either getting old or giving up, and Peja pouting and Webb a shell of himself.

But hey, we sure were good at beating Atlanta at home in the firat half of that year. Never mind we couldn't have held the sisters of the poor under 100.
Say what you want, but Miller at the four for almost the whole regular season that year was effective! We had the best record in the league!

That said, you are right, it wouldn't have worked as well in the playoffs. We needed Webber. And it definitley won't work now.

Brand/KG/Amare/Diaw/Nene/Kenyon/Duncan/Randolph/Haslem/JO/Pau would abuse him.
and don't forget Kwame Brown/Murphy/Whoever the Rockets start at the 4/West/and any bench big man that feels like having a decent game. Sadly, the only guy Brad could guard effectively is Dirk, but that's because they are eerily similar.

R

Rome

and don't forget Kwame Brown/Murphy/Whoever the Rockets start at the 4/West/and any bench big man that feels like having a decent game. Sadly, the only guy Brad could guard effectively is Dirk, but that's because they are eerily similar.
Brad can guard Dirk? Are you sure about that? Because I remember Dirk averaging over 30 points a game against us this season... :confused:

how about trade KT and Garcia to the Bucks for Magloire... resign magloire to a long term contract... then trade Miller to Utah for Carlos Boozer...Kings resigns Bonzi to 5 year/39mil contract....

the kings would get a younger and equivalent center in Magloire... a younger (24 year old) and hard nosed power forward in boozer (capable of being a 18 pts/10rebs) player...

the Bucks get front court depth in KT and a Swingman with good upside in Garcia.... the Jazz get a very good Center which allows Okur to move back to his power forward position....

KINGS LINEUP:

PF Boozer / SAR / Amundson
SF Artest / Williamson
C Magloire / Potopenko / J. Williams
SG Wells / Martin / Price
PG Bibby / Douby / Hart

how about trade KT and Garcia to the Bucks for Magloire... resign magloire to a long term contract... then trade Miller to Utah for Carlos Boozer...Kings resigns Bonzi to 5 year/39mil contract....

the kings would get a younger and equivalent center in Magloire... a younger (24 year old) and hard nosed power forward in boozer (capable of being a 18 pts/10rebs) player...

the Bucks get front court depth in KT and a Swingman with good upside in Garcia.... the Jazz get a very good Center which allows Okur to move back to his power forward position....

KINGS LINEUP:

PF Boozer / SAR / Amundson
SF Artest / Williamson
C Magloire / Potopenko / J. Williams
SG Wells / Martin / Price
PG Bibby / Douby / Hart
KT & Garcia for Mag, but not Miller straight up for Boozer, we'd have to get something more than that. Boozer sounds like a beast in the paint, like Bonzi who is not afraid of anyone, but Brad how bad he is defensively is one of the top Centers in the NBA. We really need to work on spreading the floor with some shooters.

With Bonzi, Artest, SAR we have a lot of post up guys, so we really need Bibby and Miller to spread the floor then. With KMart in there, this helps because he can drive to the hoop, is an awesome free throw shooter, and a good shot up shooter so you don't know what he is going to do. While I love Bonzi to death, I think I could get over it and have KMart being are starting SG, with that and Bibby being a good shooter, we can spread the floor for Artest and SAR who post up a lot.

Last edited: