Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

let’s assume for the sake of argument that Keon is an 8-12 point a game player who shoots 37 percent or above from 3 and plays elite level defense. How does that change what we need as an eventual upgrade at the wing? Do we just need a big wing version of Keon (low volume good shooting elite defense)? Or is our current top ten defense sustainable/good enough and instead should seek out another bucket getter who can create his own shot. A Monk departure would change the calculus for sure.

let’s assume for the sake of argument that Keon is an 8-12 point a game player who shoots 37 percent or above from 3 and plays elite level defense. How does that change what we need as an eventual upgrade at the wing? Do we just need a big wing version of Keon (low volume good shooting elite defense)? Or is our current top ten defense sustainable/good enough and instead should seek out another bucket getter who can create his own shot. A Monk departure would change the calculus for sure.
First, I think there's a good chance that Monk departs in freeagency. The most the Kings can offer is 17.4 mil. At least that's the figure I've seen bandied about. That's a lot of money, but for a player that's the 6th man of the year, not exceptional. When you have a team like the Magic who will have a ton of cap space, and the need of a good starting SG, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them offer Monk more than the Kings. But we'll see!

If Ellis can sustain what he's doing right now, I don't have a problem with him becoming our starting SG. He, along with Fox and Murray have made the Kings starting unit an above average defensive unit. The upgrade I would like to see is at the PF position. Not to replace Keegan, but to move him to the SF position while filling the PF position with someone who has more length and the ability to help defend the basket, as well as being able to space the floor.

I realize that those kind of players don't grow on trees, and not having a 1st rd pick this year, means finding one in the draft, at least one that's ready to contribute right away is unlikely! That means if it can be done, it will have to be done through free agency or trade. I also think the team needs a better backup center, and I have one in mind that I think would fit perfectly on the team. And according to the websites I've been to, he's going to be a unrestricted free agent. I'm referring to Kelly Olynyk!

His game is very similar to Sabonis, with Olynyk being a better 3pt shooter. He's a good passer, decent to good rebounder and a better rim protector than one might think. Mainly, he knows how to play the game. You could run the same system with him on the floor as when Sabonis is on the floor. It's not a dazzling move, but it's a move that could have a bigger impact than most would think. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth!!

First, I think there's a good chance that Monk departs in freeagency. The most the Kings can offer is 17.4 mil. At least that's the figure I've seen bandied about. That's a lot of money, but for a player that's the 6th man of the year, not exceptional. When you have a team like the Magic who will have a ton of cap space, and the need of a good starting SG, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them offer Monk more than the Kings. But we'll see!

If Ellis can sustain what he's doing right now, I don't have a problem with him becoming our starting SG. He, along with Fox and Murray have made the Kings starting unit an above average defensive unit. The upgrade I would like to see is at the PF position. Not to replace Keegan, but to move him to the SF position while filling the PF position with someone who has more length and the ability to help defend the basket, as well as being able to space the floor.

I realize that those kind of players don't grow on trees, and not having a 1st rd pick this year, means finding one in the draft, at least one that's ready to contribute right away is unlikely! That means if it can be done, it will have to be done through free agency or trade. I also think the team needs a better backup center, and I have one in mind that I think would fit perfectly on the team. And according to the websites I've been to, he's going to be a unrestricted free agent. I'm referring to Kelly Olynyk!

His game is very similar to Sabonis, with Olynyk being a better 3pt shooter. He's a good passer, decent to good rebounder and a better rim protector than one might think. Mainly, he knows how to play the game. You could run the same system with him on the floor as when Sabonis is on the floor. It's not a dazzling move, but it's a move that could have a bigger impact than most would think. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth!!
Kelly O signed an extension with the Raps after the trade unfortunately.

yeh if Monk re-signs then you might be able to double down on defense at the 4. If he leaves, you might need another scorer.

yeh if Monk re-signs then you might be able to double down on defense at the 4. If he leaves, you might need another scorer.

Arrrgh, I should have checked another website. Basketball reference apparently hasn't updated it's site yet. Well too bad, Olynyk would have been a nice fit. If all you're looking for is a scorer, there will be quite a few in the 2nd round of this draft. Almost all are Seniors, some 5 year Seniors. Guys like Cam Spencer from UConn, who is a willing defender. I love both Dillon Jones and Cam Jones (no relationship) but I think both will end up going in the 1st rd. I'd be willing to take a flyer on Tucker DeVries from Drake. He's a smart player who shoots around 37% from three, a lot of which are off the dribble. He's over 40% on catch and shoots. He's a solid defender averaging over 1.5 steals and is a very good passer. Anyway, he's a player that could likely be there when we pick.

Arrrgh, I should have checked another website. Basketball reference apparently hasn't updated it's site yet. Well too bad, Olynyk would have been a nice fit. If all you're looking for is a scorer, there will be quite a few in the 2nd round of this draft. Almost all are Seniors, some 5 year Seniors. Guys like Cam Spencer from UConn, who is a willing defender. I love both Dillon Jones and Cam Jones (no relationship) but I think both will end up going in the 1st rd. I'd be willing to take a flyer on Tucker DeVries from Drake. He's a smart player who shoots around 37% from three, a lot of which are off the dribble. He's over 40% on catch and shoots. He's a solid defender averaging over 1.5 steals and is a very good passer. Anyway, he's a player that could likely be there when we pick.
Kelly O absolutely on the "Most underrated NBA player" top 5 list. Dude has just been a rock solid NBA caliber starter for like 7+ years now and is just good at everything.