**PRAYER THREAD** (merged)

Mom's appointment with the oncologist was today. We don't know any more than we did before. He can't tell her what type of cancer she's dealing with without a biopsy of the lung or liver. She doesn't want any biopsies, radiation, or chemo. So, she doesn't need to go back to him. He indicated that she may have anywhere from 3 months up to 12 months. She'll see her regular doctor from here on out. Don't know how often.

My mom is not looking for a miracle. She only wants prayers that, when the time comes, God will come and take her to heaven. I figure that is already a done deal because she is a good and faithful servant.
Most certainly will continue to pray.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mom's appointment with the oncologist was today. We don't know any more than we did before. He can't tell her what type of cancer she's dealing with without a biopsy of the lung or liver. She doesn't want any biopsies, radiation, or chemo. So, she doesn't need to go back to him. He indicated that she may have anywhere from 3 months up to 12 months. She'll see her regular doctor from here on out. Don't know how often.

My mom is not looking for a miracle. She only wants prayers that, when the time comes, God will come and take her to heaven. I figure that is already a done deal because she is a good and faithful servant.
Words are difficult but I hope you know that you and your mom are in my prayers.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Thanks, everyone. Your prayers and support mean the world to me.

I want to spend some quality time with mom while she still feels good. I'll be headed home approx Sep 4th for about 10-12 days. I will continue to update.

I understand your mother's choice, too. Know that I will pray that you, your mother and other loved ones find comfort and strength in each other. I hope your time with your mother is full of love and joy in each other's company, to help with the tears and sadness that may also be present.

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Got my e-tickets. I am leaving to spend time with my mom (while she is still feeling well) on Sep 5th and returning the evening of the 15th.

Thanks for the prayers (not only for my mom, but for me, as well).

I just ask God to keep her relatively comfortable until the day He calls her home. She is a special, saintly, person. I have no doubt she will be called to an eternal reward.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's good to see you check in, cwebb1s#1. The thread has continued to offer hope and support for people who reach out. It's just another reason why KF is more than just a sports message board.

:)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I am heading to Illinois in approx 48 hours. Mom is having a lot of pain now (or I should say...more often). They placed her on home hospice care for pain management. The vicodin is not enough so she is using a pain patch. I will call her today and see if that is working better.

I thank you for your continued prayers.

I will probably be away from a computer for the time I am gone. Please pray for me, as well. I would imagine that I will be on an emotional roller coaster. I ask for God's strength during those low times.

I am heading to Illinois in approx 48 hours. Mom is having a lot of pain now (or I should say...more often). They placed her on home hospice care for pain management. The vicodin is not enough so she is using a pain patch. I will call her today and see if that is working better.

I will probably be away from a computer for the time I am gone. Please pray for me, as well. I would imagine that I will be on an emotional roller coaster. I ask for God's strength during those low times.
Absolutely.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm testing for a job tomorrow and would appreciate some prayer support. I haven't interviewed or tested since I started at SMUD 10 years ago, so I'm a bit nervous.

Since my pay of my current position is to be cut in October (the position itself is rather shaky too), I'm hoping to get this job in the graphics department. It also has regular hours, which I haven't had since moving up here in 1996. Thanks you guys.

Thanks!

I've worked either graveyard or swing for 13 years, and frankly, I'm kinda tired of it. Though I'm not a morning person and will hate having to use an alarm clock again, it will be nice to actually be able to have dinners and do things with friends instead of getting home at 10 pm.
Thanks again for your support.

Thanks!

I've worked either graveyard or swing for 13 years, and frankly, I'm kinda tired of it. Though I'm not a morning person and will hate having to use an alarm clock again, it will be nice to actually be able to have dinners and do things with friends instead of getting home at 10 pm.
Thanks again for your support.
Good luck! I worked graveyard forever, they switched me to mornings. I was all excited, and I ended up hating it. HATING IT. Maybe I'm a vampire.:cool:

Good luck! I worked graveyard forever, they switched me to mornings. I was all excited, and I ended up hating it. HATING IT. Maybe I'm a vampire.:cool:

LOL! I think I'm a little bit vampire too.
I actually like the later hours, but it's kind of isolating.
Another plus of late hours is minimal supervision...I always seem to work better by myself.

Hey Everyone, I signed up to do the Relay for Life which benefits the American Cancer Society. I have a couple of things for you to consider:
1. I have a bandana that I'm putting all the names of people I'm walking in memory of or in honor of. If you PM me names I will add them to my bandana. I'll be wearing it throughout the event. Since it's this weekend, if you want me to include a name for you, please PM it to me by Friday night.
2. If you would like to donate to the cause here's my donation page:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/nancgo

The event is in Woodland,CA this Saturday and Sunday. We start walking at 10am on Sat through 10am on Sun. I joined my cousin's team - Wally's Walkers. I'm going to try and walk 10 miles, so we'll see how I do. Personally I think riding my bike 100 miles in a day is easier!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Please pray for me and my family. My mom passed away a short while ago. I am thankful that the suffering is over while at the same time feeling an incredible loss.

I am trying to make arrangements to get "home" to Illinois. Once that is done, I will be off the site for awhile.

My prayers are with you 6th. It is such a surreal experience, to have a loved one die when you are expecting it. I understand what you are going through, my uncle (a father figure to me) died of lung cancer, and I waited 10 hours at his side with his immediate family on the night that he passed. The discomfort you wish they weren't feeling, your willing them on, the incredible energy that the body spends to discontinue living, all of it exposes reality down to its skeleton; it can be very difficult and transformative. The last thing my uncle said about me to my aunt was: "Ryan will be okay. I honestly believe he will do great things." Even as they pass, loved ones still need you to feel good.

So 6th, I hope that at some point, you take a moment to feel good. I'm sure your mom would like that. Again, my prayers are with your family.