**PRAYER THREAD** (merged)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Prophetess said:
MY prayers for your mom RD.

I would like to thank God that while three of us went in to the hospital on backboards yesterday, that none of us were severely injured. I would like to thank him that we are all alive. :)
My prayers are with your mom, RD.

Proph, glad there were no severe injuries. Update me when you can. Prayers of thanksgiving on your behalf.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I started a new prayer thread for the benefit of the dial-up users because the last prayer thread was 24 pages long. Please use this new one. Thanks! :)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
One of my nephews got married on Saturday in Bradenton, FL. The rest of my family went down for the wedding. I asked for prayers for their safety because of the Hurricane the was expected to hit Florida's Gulf Coast.

Here is an update:
I talked to my Aunt this morning (my mom was doing the driving at the time). They were already on their way out of FL at the time.
I just got off the phone with my sister a couple of minutes ago. She and her husband, and another sister (mother of the groom) were getting on the plane in Atlanta (as we spoke). They were supposed to leave on Monday, but were able to get out before the Storm. They will be back in Illinois late tonight...before the Hurricane hits the Florida coast.

Thank you, my friends. Once again, I come to you in need of prayer and you come through for me. And, once again God has answered our prayers.

Hello all. I recently received an email from a friend of mine who has a son (7) with Aspberger's Syndrome (a form of high-functioning autism). She has another son just under 2 years old who was diagnosed from 3 different places with a more severe form of autism. She has said that he has stopped talking completely.
Please keep Shannon and Brian, (her husband and father of the 2 y.o.) in your prayers. Her sons are Noah and Josh. She is having a hard time and feels guilty that both her sons are dealing with this.

Thanks.

GOD has a plan for this family !!!!!!! By no means should any one feel any guilt because of these situations. The special needs of these children is for a reason...we may not know why....we may not understand....but GOD does NOT make mistakes. I will pray that the whole family Trust and Lean on THE ALMIGHTY.....In HIS time, HE will reveal HIS plan for these precious little ones. (and for the parents) TRULY.......He knows how much we can bear !!!!!!!
for
VF21 said:
My prayers are with them.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I also have a prayer request that surfaced yesterday.

A guy that started work the same day that I did and is in training with me, has a 21 yr old daughter in the hospital. She was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 10. God, in his mercy, cured her of the cancer and gave them 11 more wonderful years with the family.

Now, she is dying. In fact, by the time I write this, God may already have taken her home. She has been on life support since late last week and some of her systems began to shut down yesterday.

Please pray for the entire family as they come to terms with the loss of this young woman.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
I also have a prayer request that surfaced yesterday.

A guy that started work the same day that I did and is in training with me, has a 21 yr old daughter in the hospital. She was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 10. God, in his mercy, cured her of the cancer and gave them 11 more wonderful years with the family.

Now, she is dying. In fact, by the time I write this, God may already have taken her home. She has been on life support since late last week and some of her systems began to shut down yesterday.

Please pray for the entire family as they come to terms with the loss of this young woman.
Losing a family member at this time of year always seems to be a little sadder. This family, too, has my prayers as they come to terms with their loss.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My co-workers daughter is hanging on. They have removed all life support now, and she is only receiving morphine. She has been mostly unconscious for the past 2-3 days. She had 2 very short periods of consciousness that I would like to share. As my coworker said, "The Lord has been so good to us."

1st...she woke for a few minutes Saturday and turned and spoke clearly to her mother. She said, "Mama, God has so many rooms in his house. I am getting my own room. There is one for you too."

2nd...she spoke once to her father and said, "Daddy, I dreamt that I was riding on a beautiful white horse. I could see everyone waving at me, and I was so happy."

The loss will be difficult, but they are already comforted that Alana is about ready to go.

My prayers are with this family........
6th said:
My co-workers daughter is hanging on. They have removed all life support now, and she is only receiving morphine. She has been mostly unconscious for the past 2-3 days. She had 2 very short periods of consciousness that I would like to share. As my coworker said, "The Lord has been so good to us."

1st...she woke for a few minutes Saturday and turned and spoke clearly to her mother. She said, "Mama, God has so many rooms in his house. I am getting my own room. There is one for you too."

2nd...she spoke once to her father and said, "Daddy, I dreamt that I was riding on a beautiful white horse. I could see everyone waving at me, and I was so happy."

The loss will be difficult, but they are already comforted that Alana is about ready to go.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My friends 21 yr old daughter passed on this morning. Thank you for all your prayers. I told him that you all were adding your prayers to mine.

I will continue to pray for the family. The holidays will be difficult this year.

I was happy to hear that her brother, who is in the Air Force, made it home. Her Navy brother did not get here in time, but is on his way to be with the family.

Please pray for the safe travel of my mom. She's going to the Philippines to visit her brother. Sadly, we found out that at 3 am today, he died because he fell off his bed. He died of some sort of cancer related to smoking. =(

In your prayers please include my friend Carol, her brother was diagnosed with liver cancer not long ago and he has declined rapidly. I talked to her Monday and they said it's only a matter of time. In the last year she has also lost her mother and sister, and around the holidays, this is especially hard on her.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And, once again, I ask for prayers for one of our Northern California soldiers who has been fighting in Iraq. This young man is fighting hard to survive. His grandmother, Iris, is a very neat lady...and I know your prayers would mean a lot to her, Shelly and Steven right now.

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/2005/12/13/news/local_news/news4.txt

Y-S man injured in Iraq
By Daniel Witter/Appeal-Democrat

Sgt. Steven Marfill
Reported to be in critical condition

Those people close to Sgt. Steven Marfill say he's a quiet man who is more comfortable in the woods fishing than he is in the middle of a big city.

Marfill, 26, is a big man who likes to work out, friends say. He thinks the world of his wife, Shelly, who lives in Yuba City, and his grandmother, Iris Heal, of Oregon House, and loves working on his truck when he is home.

“He hates the city life,” said Shelly. “He's more of a country boy. He loves being at home.”

About four years ago, Marfill joined the U.S. Army in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. He's served two tours of duty in Iraq spanning 30 months.

But Friday, while Marfill was out on a patrol in Baghdad, a suicide bomber denoted a car bomb that killed one American soldier and wounded 11 other soldiers, including Marfill.

Marfill suffered serious injuries and is in very critical condition, according to Bruce and Christina Mullen, friends of the Marfills.

Marfill suffered damage to his liver, lungs, legs and right abdomen, which took shrapnel from the explosion, Bruce Mullen said. His current tour of duty was scheduled to end next month, said Mullen.

Marfill is currently being treated at a U.S. military hospital in Germany and may be returning to the United States this week, but Mullen expects his friend will be hospitalized at a stateside military hospital for a month.

Shelly Marfill and Heal will fly to Washington, D.C., to greet Marfill when he arrives sometime this week.

“We're going to be leaving just as soon as we get the word,” Heal said. He could be back by Wednesday.

“I'm going to stay with him until he gets better,” said Shelly.

The Army sergeant was based at Fort Irwin in Southern California before he was deployed to Iraq.

Discussing Marfill's personality evokes warm feelings from those who know him.

“He's a really big guy and a caring guy,” Mullen said.

Heal raised Marfill from the time he was seven years old, when his mother passed away. Marfill has always maintained a personable side to him that people readily accept, Heal said.

“He's a gentle person,” Heal said. “Everybody that I know of likes him. He's very likable and outgoing.”

Marfill attended the Yuba College Fire Academy and volunteered with the Fire Department in Oregon House, according to Heal.

“He wanted to do something to make a difference,” his grandmother said.

She remembers one time when Marfill came home from serving overseas and didn't tell Heal beforehand because he wanted to surprise her.

“He walked in with a bouquet of flowers,” she said. “That's just the way he is.”

Shelly and Steven married about a year ago and plan to hold another, larger wedding in June, Shelly Marfill said. The thought helps her through, along with the support of friends.

“He always puts us first,” Shelly said of herself and Heal. “Our happiness is important to him. He thrives off our happiness. I never met anyone like him.”

Appeal-Democrat reporter Daniel Witter can be reached at 749-4712. You may e-mail him at dwitter@appeal-democrat.com.

Last edited: