I think the trade would be…

Harrison Barnes
Kevin Huerter
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte

for

Zach LaVine
Alex Caruso
Torrey Craig (could remove him if he opts out)

Now I’m on the record for being against a LaVine trade mainly because 1) it looks like we already have a great starting SG on a heck of a deal (Ellis) and 2) I want to be adding defensive, two way players around Fox & Sabonis

Having said that, it would be interesting to have a collection of Fox, Mitchell, Ellis, and Caruso harassing opposing offenses each night (not to mention Murray on the wing) and perhaps it allows us to get away with 1) adding a non-defensive, “star” SG and 2) not having good length at SF, PF, and C (since I’m assuming we’d be starting LaVine, Murray, and Sabonis) at those positions.

I could see this being sort of a last resort for McNair. If McNair wasn’t able to move #13 for an upgrade AND if Monk walks in FA, perhaps McNair gets desperate enough to make such a deal.

I could see the minutes rotation breaking down to something like this…

PG - Fox (34) / Mitchell (14)
SG - Ellis (26) / LaVine (12) / Caruso (10)
SF - LaVine (20) / Caruso (16) / Murray (12)
PF - Murray (20) / Lyles (16) / Craig (12)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (10) / Lyles (4)

Fox = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
LaVine = 32 min
Murray = 32 min
Ellis = 26 min
Caruso = 26 min
Lyles = 20 min
Mitchell = 14 min
Craig = 12 min
Len = 10 min

…that’s just too many “small ball” minutes for my liking, and I don’t like the idea of our starting lineup being a “small ball” lineup either. I still think it makes more sense to target someone like Grant vs. another SG.
I think you'd look to move off Mitchell in this scenario and Fox/Caruso/Ellis/LaVine is your main 4 guard rotation with Caruso/Ellis/LaVine all capable of flexing down to the 3.

We are bidding against other teams, it really has nothing to do with the bulls. They will take the best deal possible. You can’t just offer our garbage in trades and expect to beat other teams. You have to target a player you think is the one to move the needle and do what it takes to get them.
As with any trade. If they got great deals prior they would have done them. Apparently the Bulls were deep enough in to see why Huerter was failing in Sac. That says something. If true of course.

As with any trade. If they got great deals prior they would have done them. Apparently the Bulls were deep enough in to see why Huerter was failing in Sac. That says something. If true of course.
Do you think teams come with their best offer first? I guarantee they will get better offers for those two guys. We can’t just unload our garbage for a great defender and a guy that is definitely an upgrade in talent when healthy.

Boston showed how lethal it was to have multiple players who could dribble and penetrate. I would like to add another to the starting lineup as well. THT is starting to be my darkhorse FA pickup. 6'4 230 combo guard with a 7'1 wingspan. Ellis is good, but he can't really drive to the basket and is more of a catch and shoot player. With THT at the 2 you can still have someone to break down a defense and get to the rim, while still having Fox as a 3PT threat. Then you have Murray, Fox and Barnes as 3PT threats while still being able to PnR with Sabonis. And if it gets kicked back out to Fox, he can still drive or pull up with his elite mid game.

Last edited:
Boston showed how lethal it was to have multiple players who could dribble and penetrate. I would like to add another to the starting lineup as well. THT is starting to be my darkhorse FA pickup. 6'4 230 combo guard with a 7'1 wingspan. Ellis is good, but he can't really drive to the basket and is more of a catch and shoot player. With THT at the 2 you can still have someone to break down a defense and get to the rim, while still having Fox as a 3PT threat. Then you have Murray, Fox and Barnes as 3PT threats while still being able to PnR with Sabonis. And if it gets kicked back out to Fox, he can still drive or pull up with his elite mid game.
Keon is a much better shooter. I just don’t see anyone but Monk, if he returns, being ahead of him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mavs fans just now realizing that their point of attack defense has been terrible since losing Brunson is peak basketball galaxy brain. Also love the idea that they think the Kings have apparently not been generating enough catch and shoot looks for Davion since that’s pretty much just been the entire basis of his existence in the Kings offense since Mike Brown took over.

The Mavs are also mired in the second tax apron (meaning they can‘t aggregate players in a trade and have to be careful about taking on money) and their ownership situation is shaky since Mark Cuban just officially had to relinquish chairmanship of the team.

But I mean if we’re being realistic about them moving for Davion, Kleber and whatever draft capital they have left (Boston‘s second round pick this year and Toronto’s 2nd rounder next year and Miami’s second rounder in 2028) for Davion and Duarte works on the trade machine. (Josh Green or Gafford do too but I’m assuming the Mavs aren’t actively trying to get worse next season).

…I don’t think Mavs fans have truly grasped how bereft of trade assets they are at this point. They probably don’t have enough to make a Davion trade haha

In case they know Monk is 99% out.

Sexton 18.3 M/2
Collins 26.6 M/2
#29 (Dadiet/Djurisic/Filipowski)
#32 (Freeman/Dunn/McCullar)

Huerter/Barnes
Lyles
Duarte
Vezenkov

May it cost another future pick?

Last edited:

Orlando trading for Lavine would pretty much end them as a Monk destination
15 different trade proposals?! Holy sh*t. If Chicago is that desperate, then they're definitely going to have to attach Caruso or future first rounders just to get off LaVine's contract, no matter who they ultimately deal with. There's blood in the water, as they say. I'm still very much not a fan of the idea of LaVine on the Kings, but if Monte didn't have to part with any core pieces or unwarranted future draft capital and can bring back a legitimate defensive stud like Caruso, I would probably be on board with such a trade.

I was watching Locked on with Matt George and he had an interesting idea on there with Caruso coming along with LaVine.

Barnes/Huerter/Mitchell/filler/13 for LaVine and Caruso? Makes a lot of sense to me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Can’t imagine there was a huge market for Giddey considering his off-the-court noise, the fact he’s probably gonna ask for a nine figure extension this summer, and the whole being unplayable for OKC in large portions of the postseason thing but Bulls gonna Bulls I guess

Last edited: