Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

He's a real solid player. Kind of a Jarrett Allen type and is still improving.

I think what SA is thinking is that if they don't get an acceptable offer and get Wemby, they can build an even better version of the Allen/Mobley situation over in CLE. If a team is willing to give them what they want for Poeltl, then they can play Wemby at the 5 and look to get a PG and a wing.

Poeltl's production is easier to find in the draft and FA than the same level wing production. Probably what SA is thinking by fishing for trades.
If you are a good team - 2 firsts for Poeltl is totally reasonable. I don’t think you are likely to get as good of a player with 2 picks in the 20s. If you are a team that might wind up in the lottery - 2 picks is a lot. But I don’t really see a good match for him besides Toronto - which should be a good team, but is not.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-20-2023_12-08-13PM.png

Not an actual endorsement of a trade that I think would actually happen (Spurs and Celtics could essentially pull this trade off without the Kings involved) but I'm struggling to figure out how trading for Grant Williams to replace TD would make the Kings two points worse on defense. (Also Gallo is out for the year but is another guy who would probably look amazing playing off of Domas if his latest injury hasn't completely sapped his agility.)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
OKC has the assets to make a move. They've been better than expected despite missing their lottery pick from last draft all season.
They do but the wing-forward who is good at defense but sorta dumpy offensively position is possibly already where they're deepest. If anything, the Thunder are in need of another big man, especially with Poku and Chet out for the year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Mavs need another big with Wood out for a while? Guess who just posted his first double-double of the season.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-20-2023_2-25-42PM.png
Bullock's had a terrible year and is about to turn 32 so this is very much a bit of an ancillary "win now" move but he's good wing depth if he manages to remember how to play basketball once he's free from Jason Kidd's reign of terror. (Contract also becomes an expiring in the offseason at 10 million dollars so is also inherently moveable in a trade for a bigger piece.)

View attachment 11467

Not an actual endorsement of a trade that I think would actually happen (Spurs and Celtics could essentially pull this trade off without the Kings involved) but I'm struggling to figure out how trading for Grant Williams to replace TD would make the Kings two points worse on defense. (Also Gallo is out for the year but is another guy who would probably look amazing playing off of Domas if his latest injury hasn't completely sapped his agility.)
Yes, we'd definitely improve if this ended up being an actual trade that went down before the trade deadline, BUT...

Man, I'm not sure I want to give up TD solely based on his performance all the way back on 11/15...:p:p:p

I'd move both for Siakam but moving both with extra draft compensation for OG is a little rich for my taste.
Hot take perhaps, but I think dealing Keegan in any sort of realistic trade would be a massive blunder in almost every capacity. 6'9 rookie who is actively making a good team better, is showing tremendous defensive versatility on the wing and is currently on pace for the best rookie shooting season of all-time don't grow on trees. And his rookie scale deal is incredibly valuable for a team that has some massive extensions coming up very soon. As well as his team control. The Kings can afford to be patient because he's already making the Kings better on the floor; how much better is what we have to determine over the next few seasons

Maybe if Pascal had 3-4 years on his deal and we KNEW we'd get an extended period with Fox/Sabonis/Siakam. But he's a UFA after next season... that's a hell of a lot of risk to take that he'd resign.

After Utah’s early season success, league personnel is expecting the Jazz to reintroduce another seller into the trade deadline. Utah has received plenty of incoming calls on both Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, sources told Yahoo Sports, with the Jazz’s perceived valuation of a first-round pick for each player. Perhaps Vanderbilt is another young forward the Pacers deem has enough upside to grow alongside Turner. The Jazz and Hawks have discussed a deal surrounding John Collins for Beasley and Vanderbilt, sources said, although Utah has lobbied Atlanta for a first-round pick in addition to Collins to complete that framework.
Source: Jake Fischer @ Yahoo! Sports

My dream scenario is the Kings changing the protections on the first rounder to Atlanta and getting Vanderbilt

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Honestly wonder what the market is for Rui at this point. He's an expiring contract but has also spent his entire career horribly misused by the Washington Wizards.

I don't think he's close to getting a 1st round pick valuation in a trade but he should be more valuable than the requested return for Cam Reddish (at this point just a second round pick or two).

Honestly wonder what the market is for Rui at this point. He's an expiring contract but has also spent his entire career horribly misused by the Washington Wizards.

I don't think he's close to getting a 1st round pick valuation in a trade but he should be more valuable than the requested return for Cam Reddish (at this point just a second round pick or two).
I know he went off for 30 and I’ve only watched him a few times. What does he bring to the table?

I know he went off for 30 and I’ve only watched him a few times. What does he bring to the table?
He's a little like Barnes/Harris. That classic undersized 4/3 with scoring ability. I wouldn't mind him being the target for the Kings in the offseason as a fallback, as for a trade piece, you can't really give much value considering the Kings could easily pry him away for nothing in the offseason anyway if they really wanted to. Obviously there's a Zags connection with Sabonis too. They always seem to be pretty chummy after games. I'd rather see Monte go after someone like Rui than Kuz TBH. I think Rui would actually fit in pretty seamlessly.

He's a little like Barnes/Harris. That classic undersized 4/3 with scoring ability. I wouldn't mind him being the target for the Kings in the offseason as a fallback, as for a trade piece, you can't really give much value considering the Kings could easily pry him away for nothing in the offseason anyway if they really wanted to. Obviously there's a Zags connection with Sabonis too. They always seem to be pretty chummy after games. I'd rather see Monte go after someone like Rui than Kuz TBH. I think Rui would actually fit in pretty seamlessly.

Are you thinking as a starter or in a Brandon Clarke role?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He reminds me more of Raptors Rudy Gay than Harrison or Tobias really. both of those guys are primarily outside-in players rather than pre-ACL Rudy, who would prefer to eat in the midrange and work his way out despite being a really good athlete for his size. Rui’s got good size and athleticism for a 4/3 forward and occasionally flashes on the defensive end where he can guard 4-2 but to this point he’s been playing a style of basketball better suited to the early 2000s than modern spaceball but - lot of that might simply just be because of the system he’s playing in.

Rui’s probably better suited for the Lyles slot in the rotation than a starting role right now. He might have a chance to be a starter eventually but I wouldn’t trust him more than Keegan or Barnes right now.
If he’s an upgrade to to what we currently have at the bench forward positions then bring him on.
He does have good size and an impressive wingspan and it is likely the Wizards haven’t brought out the best in him. I’m also kind of partial to Gonzaza players.

Last edited: