Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

I wouldn’t mind have Mo Bamba as a rebounder shot blocker on the team. Lakers just waived him
Here is the FA to backup Sabonis,provide rebounding, shot blocking, and was just waived so he wont break the bank

i love Lyles, but if small ball wont work due to other teams backup C, then here is the depth at C we need
He might be better than Queta

How many places is Mo Bamba going to play in where he gives zero effort despite having all the tools, he's WCS but probably more talented the guy has played with zero heart his entire career. Unless he does a Hassan Whiteside and becomes good for a couple seasons I rather give the time to someone else.

Re-signing Barnes... giving up the #24 pick... not tapping up Herb Jones to push for a trade... and now if they don't even make a proper offer to Herb... then AFAIC, this off-season will have been a return to Kangzing things up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow, I commented on the Bruce Brown overpay without first seeing what Jerami Grant got to stay in Portland.

Holy moley Jim Bob Boley as Jerry would say. I was thinking the Kings might offer him like $25 million.

I’ve usually considered the Blazers a good franchise, or atleast not an outwardly bad one..but their inability to see that the time to trade Dame was a year a half ago(around the time they traded CJ) and now paying Grant like he’s some superbeast. I think they might be BLAYZARZ

After seeing the numbers - I’m done with rolling it back. Good job Monte.

Last year was fun. We are adding two more 3pt shooters. Lyles as a small ball center is intriguing. If Davion takes another step - the season could get really interesting. I still feel like we need one player to stir up the pot on defense and be a vocal leader.

If the Kings are looking for a back up C, Bojan Dubljevic just left Valancia after 11 years, he's 31 can pass on the same level as Sabonis while being a elite shooter and just lights out from the top of the key. He's a 6'9 250+ C Montenegrin the question is would he come to the NBA (draft rights I think Portland or NYK has) and could he defend in the NBA. He's got some nasty in him as well and is not above the dropping the hammer if you upset him.

He's imo been the most underrated C in the Europe for ages plays like a less talented Jokic/Kevin Love hybrid in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Jaxson Hayes going to the Lakers. This one sent me over the edge. Hayes is precisely the kind of length the Kings need. So far, the Lakers are killing it in FA and relative to the Kings are definitely ahead in the race to get better.

Jaxson Hayes going to the Lakers. This one sent me over the edge. Hayes is precisely the kind of length the Kings need. So far, the Lakers are killing it in FA and relative to the Kings are definitely ahead in the race to get better.
Luckily we’re already better and they’re just closing the gap :p

I have to think we are done no? lyles takes the back up 5 minutes, Sasha takes the back up 4 and Duarte/Kessler take the back up 3
I think we probably go get Landale or someone in that vein, give Domas the raise and extend him and call it a day.

We technically still have ammo to go make a good offer to someone if we want. Just doesn't seem like we will though

I think we probably go get Landale or someone in that vein, give Domas the raise and extend him and call it a day.

We technically still have ammo to go make a good offer to someone if we want. Just doesn't seem like we will though
personally I’d rather give Queta the 3rd center spot. We’ve spend 2 years developing him otherwise I don’t really see the point of keeping him around. 3 year college player with 2 years in the pros should be enough to win the 3rd center gig. We can always go bargain shopping at the deadline if it doesn’t work out or have Len on speed dial if he doesn’t land somewhere

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

I keep hearing about renegotiating Domas' contract, but kind of like Kuzma is that all just outside noise? Does Domas want to do that at this point?

Just curious....but you might be right.

And FA just started yesterday. I think they are holding on to the cap space in case any trades or great deals pop up that they can benefit from. Things like the Dame situation can create moments of opportunity if you are prepared. We'll see!

I have to think we are done no? lyles takes the back up 5 minutes, Sasha takes the back up 4 and Duarte/Kessler take the back up 3
Well it seems we still have $13 million to spend ($18M per Bobby Marks but i dont think he included the duarte pick up) , soooo... I think throw it at Christian Wood or PJW and if that doesnt work split it between another back up Center with a big body (plumlee, len, gabriel, Dwight howard, etc) and a deep bench PG (Cojo, Ish Smith George Hill).

personally I’d rather give Queta the 3rd center spot. We’ve spend 2 years developing him otherwise I don’t really see the point of keeping him around. 3 year college player with 2 years in the pros should be enough to win the 3rd center gig. We can always go bargain shopping at the deadline if it doesn’t work out or have Len on speed dial if he doesn’t land somewhere
Agreed. I also hope we don't go get anyone because that means Trey at small-ball 5 is a full go. Which, is almost like getting another player because I think he's going to play even better at that slot than he did at the 4.

I wouldn't say no to us absorbing Zubac though. He's probably the one pure back-up C that i'd be excited about.

So if we assume...
  • Sabonis received a $7.7 mil raise this year
  • Barnes' contract has 8% raises
  • Sasha's contract is the room exception
  • Lyles contract will be signed last (maintaining his $3.4 mil cap hold)
  • Len's contract is a minimum deal
...the Kings should still have ~$5 mil in cap space to use. That goes up to ~$6.3 mil if Dozier is waived.