PF plans?

Every position is a need bar SG and C (for now). I have my doubts that Ron will be here by the time we compete next. We need a PG for the future, SF for the future and PF for the future. People need to forget about this whole PF thing, even if we get a good one we will not compete or be anywhere near competing. We need a superstar, if that guy happens to be a PF, great, but if not then we can draft other positions based around our star.

First we need to worry about getting a star. What our needs are now is irrelevant since we'll have completely different needs by the time we compete next.

Every position is a need bar SG and C (for now). I have my doubts that Ron will be here by the time we compete next. We need a PG for the future, SF for the future and PF for the future. People need to forget about this whole PF thing, even if we get a good one we will not compete or be anywhere near competing. We need a superstar, if that guy happens to be a PF, great, but if not then we can draft other positions based around our star.

First we need to worry about getting a star. What our needs are now is irrelevant since we'll have completely different needs by the time we compete next.
Agreed. Our PF issues were a major concern after the Webber trade, when we were still a playoff team. We need a superstar first, regardless of what position he plays. And sorry, Martin isn't a superstar. Star? Yes, but not a superstar.

PF Plan?

Elton Brand will do nicely.

... Oh, and Gilbert Arenas at PG.

Now, all we need to do is get them to split the MLE to play in Sacramento ;)

Time machine :D great stuff...

but how would we get a star anyway? not like theres that much available to trade for one... don't get me wrong i like the roster but it's not exactly worth a lot trade wise.

One way is to sign a free agent like we did with Vlade. Another is to trade a good player for a star player who has run his course with his current team. Like we did with Webber.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
One way is to sign a free agent like we did with Vlade. Another is to trade a good player for a star player who has run his course with his current team. Like we did with Webber.
Ah, but we need:

1. Cap space

2. A willing trade partner

Neither of which we have at the moment. I'm guessing nothing (if anything) will happen until after the draft.

Arthur is way overrated. He's a lottery pick by sheer hype ever since he entered Kansas as a freshman; I'm just not impressed by his game because what he does is commonplace in the NBA. An average sized big man with inside-outside game and athleticism, but a poor rebounder, loses focus and lacks defensive fundamentals as well. Sounds awfully like Juwan Howard. He ought to be a mid-1st rounder, and we'd be making a huge mistake to take him at 12th.

Garcia can play SF, even Salmons.. We are fine at that position even if Artest leaves.

PF, and PG are a different story. Not 100% sure I want Beno long term, but not sure if either Westbrook or Augustin will be available at our pick which means we need to spend a 2nd rounder on a long shot and hope we get lucky like the Bucks did with Sessions. Hudson, Weaver, Lawson, Chalmers, Dragic would all fall to one of our second rounders.

We can try for a long shot at PF as well in the 2nd round. White, Hendrix, or Hickson would be my first choice. Hardin, Jawai, or Plaisted would be my second choices.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Garcia can play SF, even Salmons.. We are fine at that position even if Artest leaves.

PF, and PG are a different story. Not 100% sure I want Beno long term, but not sure if either Westbrook or Augustin will be available at our pick which means we need to spend a 2nd rounder on a long shot and hope we get lucky like the Bucks did with Sessions. Hudson, Weaver, Lawson, Chalmers, Dragic would all fall to one of our second rounders.

We can try for a long shot at PF as well in the 2nd round. White, Hendrix, or Hickson would be my first choice. Hardin, Jawai, or Plaisted would be my second choices.
I would go with White, Hendrix and Jawai, as my first choices. Only because Jawai intrigues me. I think that Lawson might go in the first round, but if not he would be my first choice in the second, followed closely by Chalmers.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
agreed. and elton brand would be a great pickup if he can stay healthy, but i would want a young PF elton can mentor and mold into a great player. and arenas to me is a big NO.
The only way we could pick up Elton is to trade for him. We have no room under the cap to sign anyone of signicance until after the 2009/2010 season. By the way, he's only 29 years old, so he's hardly over the hill.

If Chicago goes with Beasley like everyone is saying, I'd like to see the Petrie go after Joakim Noah. Got caught with a little weed so his stock is down a bit. I don't know, I think it's possible.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Noah would actually make a pretty good garbage man to pair with Spencer in the frontcourt, I could see that working out down the road.

Then all we need to do is trade Artest for J-Ho and we'd have the most 420 friendly team in the league! :p

A

AriesMar27

noah is their only center... ty thomas is only 6'8 and is more of a tweener forward than a center... are they really gonna trust gray or gooden at center?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I stated before, I was never a big fan of Noah, and I'm even less of a fan now. Would he be better than what we have now? Probably, but is he who we want for our PF of the future? Not me.

I stated before, I was never a big fan of Noah, and I'm even less of a fan now. Would he be better than what we have now? Probably, but is he who we want for our PF of the future? Not me.
I second that. I was relieved when I heard his name called before the Kings picked

Noah would actually make a pretty good garbage man to pair with Spencer in the frontcourt, I could see that working out down the road.

Then all we need to do is trade Artest for J-Ho and we'd have the most 420 friendly team in the league! :p
I can see the headline now: "Dazed and King-fused"

P.S. Don't forget we already have Douby on the team.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I second that. I was relieved when I heard his name called before the Kings picked
I was sitting in front of my TV when the Bulls were on the clock chanting over and over, "Pick Noah...Pick Noah...Pick Noah...Yes! We'll take Hawes. I'm fine with that."