Peja's team? Or Bibby's?

Bricklayer said:
Twas I typo/brain fart -- I fixed it.

If I start spewing unintelligible legaleze about which chemical company owns the patent on a particular acidic cleansing product, shoot me a PM -- trying to do two things at once here and don't want to violate attorney/client by not paying attention and accidentally posting a client's dirty laundry on a Kings messageboard. ;)
And why not?!? Hmm? What exactly do you have to hide!?

;)

S

sashaXJR

Stojakovic is a 3 time All Star, while Bibby ???? how many times.....?...

Stojakovic is a better off. player (better numbers troughout), defensively you can't even try to argue....Every single guard makes season highs when playing against Bibby, are you blind.....Luke Ridnaour seems to be an All Star when playing Bibby....let's not even talk about Steve Nash.....Peja has proved himself as a solid defender (playoffs last year) and is a good one on one defender...He might be a good team defender, but there is no team defensive strategie in Adelmans Teams....not in Portland, not in Sac town......Bibby is a good solid player that made himself a reputation in one playoff series versus Lakers, back then, remember...?????....It's our luck that Peja didn't go to Lakers...him and Kobe would destroy our backcourt.......

Yeah, people seem to forget that Pedja had 3 defensive stops last year in the playoffs against 3 different players playing 3 different positions. His shot was not on, but his contributions were significant.

One of the biggest negatives I see with this trade is that I don't see Bibby being able to be a strong enough leader for what the Kings need (not talking about leading scoring). I definitely do not think Stojakovic can be that leader, at least not for another 10 years or so. Miller, too, seems to not have the fire to lead a team. Only Mobley has the personality, but as a newcomer with a similar attitude to Webber, I doubt it would be successful if he tried to step up.

This really is a job for Adelman to lead his "team". I'm not sure if his style is appropriate for that, but this is really his chance to shine.

sloter said:
Yeah, people seem to forget that Pedja had 3 defensive stops last year in the playoffs against 3 different players playing 3 different positions. His shot was not on, but his contributions were significant.
Whatever you say the truth is that Peja is a total failure when it comes to playoff. Nothing can mask those cold hard facts.

OK, so maybe now this is Peja's team, and in the perfect scenario he steps up and averages 25 and 8 the rest of the season. Is there an extension in the works? With the rest of this season and 05/06 left on his contract, it is guaranteed that many teams will be lining up to make a run at him. What is going to happen if this trade backfires and Peja finds himself on a losing team? Marty McNeal was at shootaround today and said the players are pretty unhappy with the deal. Let's all just hope it the shock of the whole thing and not a sign of the bad attitudes that might accompany an organization giving up on its teams immediate chance of winning.

I wouldn't say that this is Peja's or Bibby's team so to speak. I think Peja will now be the teams leading scorer. I don't think it's in Bibby's personality to be a vocal leader. Bibby is more like a silent leader who definitely leads by action and example as opposed to words. Cuttino has the personality to be a vocal leader. I don't think for the rest of the season that one player will step up and be the team leader or declare the team as his or make himself the now focal point as CWebb did. Maybe after the offseason with some additions and subtractions happening the Kings will have a leader to start the 05-06 season.

On a side note, as long as the Kings win who really cares about whose team it is or who the leader is or who leads the team in scoring. Every night they play the whole team comes together for one common goal, the W. So what does it matter?

Try to understand....

You will all see, this will turn out to be a GREAT trade. The kings scoring will go up, the turnovers will go down, the rebounding disparity will equal out and ultimately....the KING WILL WIN MORE GAMES!!!

Mr. P has done a great job building a top tier organization, a great team, and when the tide of this trade finally settle down, you will see what he had in mind. BUILDING A BETTER TEAM.

Better balanced attack. Better chemistry. Better quality wins. and a single minded focus...bring a NBA CHAMPIONSHIP to Sacramento.

Just think how you felt when Mr. P traded Jason for Mike. You went...Whaaatheeeeheecck? Now would your want to switch back? Never my friends.

What about sending Doug to the east coast for Cattino? DO you want Doug back and reverse the trade? Don't take me wrong I thought Doug and Jackie were marvelous people and Doug is a great Baller but for this team right now, we are making ALL the right moves.

Don't stop believing now people.....

Loyal2Royal said:
You will all see, this will turn out to be a GREAT trade. The kings scoring will go up, the turnovers will go down, the rebounding disparity will equal out and ultimately....the KING WILL WIN MORE GAMES!!!

Mr. P has done a great job building a top tier organization, a great team, and when the tide of this trade finally settle down, you will see what he had in mind. BUILDING A BETTER TEAM.

Better balanced attack. Better chemistry. Better quality wins. and a single minded focus...bring a NBA CHAMPIONSHIP to Sacramento.

Just think how you felt when Mr. P traded Jason for Mike. You went...Whaaatheeeeheecck? Now would your want to switch back? Never my friends.

What about sending Doug to the east coast for Cattino? DO you want Doug back and reverse the trade? Don't take me wrong I thought Doug and Jackie were marvelous people and Doug is a great Baller but for this team right now, we are making ALL the right moves.

Don't stop believing now people.....
rebulding processes do not have championships in their goals. its a process....and it wont yield a championship in the near future.

for the record though Loyal2Royal i was never one of those people who went "what the heck" when we got Mike for Jason...it was actually pretty bittersweet for me personally...as for DC after the shock and disbelief that he was leaving wore off i actually liked the trade even before Cat laced em up

Im sick of hearing about how this trade will bring back "kings basketball" and how the offense should now have more screen to free up Peja. Ok, if he's the man, then free himself up damn it. This is a team, its not built to set peja up. What primary option in any team require people to set him up all the time? Nowitzki? Bird?

The Freak said:
Let's not make this a question of whos team this is. This is the Maloof's team....it's not Peja's, Bibby's or Brad's team.
and that fact should not be forgotten. it is the reason the kings wont be playing in sacramento past this decade, i predict.

The Freak said:
Let's not make this a question of whos team this is. This is the Maloof's team....it's not Peja's, Bibby's or Brad's team.
and this fact should not be forgotten. it will be the reason the kings dont play in sacramento beyond this decade, i predict.