Paris Olympics 2024

Great Britain is somehow jumping into the running for a medal. 2 full points ahead of Canada, China, and Brazil. Would be quite a coup for them given all their injuries, and a huge blow to China and Brazil.

And the crowd goes wild. A couple out of bounds in her tumbling passes, but Biles just does things no other gymnast in the world can do or has ever done.

Chants of U-S-A in Paris as Biles and Team USA lock in the team gold medal.

Operation Redemption Accomplished.

I will post a short Men’s Water Polo update. U.S. Men are 1-1 after losing in Pool play to Italy and beating Romania who is the easiest team in the pool. The next 3 matches against Greece, Croatia and Montenegro will be telling. Have to win at least 1 to advance and ideally 2 or 3 to avoid facing the top team in the other bracket.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
And the crowd goes wild. A couple out of bounds in her tumbling passes, but Biles just does things no other gymnast in the world can do or has ever done.

Chants of U-S-A in Paris as Biles and Team USA lock in the team gold medal.

Operation Redemption Accomplished.
So, like, no disrespect but Jade Carey basically got a gold medal for vibes? I mean, she only did the one vault, yeah?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Kaylee McKeown (AUS) wins the Women's 100m backstroke, with a new Olympic Record (57.33)! World Record Holder Regan Smith (USA) settles for Silver. Katharine Berkhart (USA) takes Bronze.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Daniel Wiffen (IRL) wins the Men's 800m freestyle, with a new Olympic Record (7:38:19)! Bobby Finke (USA) settles for Silver, Gregorio Paltrinieri (ITA) takes Bronze.

So, like, no disrespect but Jade Carey basically got a gold medal for vibes? I mean, she only did the one vault, yeah?
Sure, but that was an important vault. Lee and Rivera aren’t great on the apparatus, so they weren’t good options, and Biles didn’t do her best vault (Biles II) for safety. Carey’s elite score on her lone vault was a big boost to the cushion so Team USA could absorb mistakes like Chiles falling off beam.

And by all reasoning, she should have been the third for the U.S. on floor instead of Lee. My guess is she’s still fighting the illness that supposedly led to her falling out of bounds on floor in quals.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I read your posts and saw the final score you just gonna leave it like that? :D
I mean, I never really ever expected Japan to win that game considering the French national team has like six NBA players including a generational superstar in Wemby and (inexplicably) a multi-time DPOY in Gobert but it took like three terrible France slanted calls from the refs (that 4-pt play for France to tie the game wasn’t even a foul by weak NBA standards) and Rui getting a Boogie ejection for France to get the win against a team that was pretty much Kawamura (probably an NBA player if he was like two inches taller and thirty pounds heavier), a random white dude, and a bunch of guys just happy to be there. Also Yuta Watanabe decided to stop playing like an NBA level player the second he went back to Japan which didn’t help things.

All in all, if Japan gives that effort in all their games, I’d be happy.

Skinner’s always been a loud-mouthed #nofilter diva; it was her whole schtick with the Red Rocks. But up until this, she and Biles seemed to get along well. They roomed together in Tokyo, Skinner was on the frontline defending Biles during the twisties episode, and Biles was the first to celebrate her fellow “grandma” when Skinner won silver on vault in her place.

Either this latest #nofilter hot take from Skinner especially rubbed Biles the wrong way, they’ve had a major falling out separate from this since Tokyo that we don’t know about, or Biles never liked Skinner that much to begin with and just tolerated her for the good of the team.

Maybe all three.

refs just called a timeout because Batum is gassed? Is that a thing in FIBA?
Because of blood running through his mouth... France's coach (that was is and will be horrible and now even "washed") was calling for a review of how it happened non stop even though it was Gobert that hit him.
Btw both Gobert and Wemby were blocked by much shorter opponents, Wemby's first block finally happened in overtime.
Needless to say that the foul that France tied the match at the end wasn't a foul (they scored a 4 point play, down 4 10" before the end). Also Rui was ejected for two unsportsmanslike fouls, so weird that in this stadium athletes have to go up so many steps to go to the locker room, especially if they are injured like Alvarado few days ago.

In general France has very "friendly" refs in all sports, in fencing it was a scandal for their athlete to go to semis. They were reviewing every point that was scored against her and then giving it to her after review without a normal reason. Same thing in the semifinal for her to go to the final... parody, unfortunately can't find highlights in twitter.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Skinner’s always been a loud-mouthed #nofilter diva; it was her whole schtick with the Red Rocks. But up until this, she and Biles seemed to get along well. They roomed together in Tokyo, Skinner was on the frontline defending Biles during the twisties episode, and Biles was the first to celebrate her fellow “grandma” when Skinner won silver on vault in her place.

Either this latest #nofilter hot take from Skinner especially rubbed Biles the wrong way, they’ve had a major falling out separate from this since Tokyo that we don’t know about, or Biles never liked Skinner that much to begin with and just tolerated her for the good of the team.

Maybe all three.
Even had McKayla Maroney speaking on it, and Maroney don't do nothing but mind her own damned business.

Even had McKayla Maroney speaking on it, and Maroney don't do nothing but mind her own damned business.
Wow, Maroney’s comment was even more brutal.

It’s clear to me Team USA collectively is sick of Skinner’s schtick. The monkey emoji incident was bad enough, but Skinner could feign ignorance, apologize, and move on.

This though not only disparaged most of the teammates she directly trained alongside in Tokyo (she excluded Biles for whatever reason) as they prepared for the biggest sporting event of their lives while Skinner lounged retired at home in the glory of her lone vault silver medal, but also harkened back fondly to the Karolyi era and the decades of abuse Team USA is striving so hard to distance itself AND from which literally hundreds of athletes are still working to heal. Some may never fully recover.

As Maroney says, “(Skinner) f’ed around and found out.” But I legitimately feel bad for Skinner because I honestly don’t think she gets it. In her world, she spoke her mind, people responded negatively, so she apologized in the “I didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings, but …” sort of way. In her mind, she likely thinks she was simply trying to motivate the team and is shocked it was taking in such a poor way.

The truth is, Skinner was in all probability a victim of abuse her entire gymnastics career and certainly at the University of Utah, where Kara Eaker famously retired early in the middle of a promising collegiate career citing verbal and emotional abuse. But Skinner attributes all of that as tough love, intense elite-level training, a necessary means to the end of motivating her to be a champion.

Abuse begets abuse. And it got Skinner National Titles and an Olympic silver medal. She’s probably still asking herself why everyone is so sensitive to her telling it like it is.