One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To remedy this as much as currently can be from a confidence of the team and merely a PR standpoint, it is CRUCIAL that Karl makes an adamant, no "read between the lines," straightforward, no bullsh** statement to the media - even more convincing if he's side by side with Vivek and Vlade. Short of that, it's not going to end well.
As for the source of this garbage, it is clearly Fegan. What a POS "Yale-trained" pile of trash. I passionately hate that guy.

I still fail to see how Vlade can keep Karl on, whether Vlade works things out with Cuz or not. It's just a situation waiting to boil.

Of course Vlade is going to deny Karl is pushing Cuz out. That doesn't matter though. All that matter is does Cuz want to play for Karl or not based on what's transpired and if the answer is no, you fire Karl and don't look back. Given multiple sources suggest Cuz did ask for a trade a month ago, I see no good reason to risk this situation going forward. There's not a single source suggesting the Karl/Cuz relationship is even cordial at this point.

I predict if both Cuz and Karl stay here this next season is going to see major problems surface again, ending in yet another wasted season and Cuz forcing a trade.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I still fail to see how Vlade can keep Karl on, whether Vlade works things out with Cuz or not. It's just a situation waiting to boil.

Of course Vlade is going to deny Karl is pushing Cuz out. That doesn't matter though. All that matter is does Cuz want to play for Karl or not based on what's transpired and if the answer is no, you fire Karl and don't look back. Given multiple sources suggest Cuz did ask for a trade a month ago, I see no good reason to risk this situation going forward. There's not a single source suggesting the Karl/Cuz relationship is even cordial at this point.

I predict if both Cuz and Karl stay here this next season is going to see major problems surface again, ending in yet another wasted season and Cuz forcing a trade.
Look, Vlade didn't fire the most nefarious character in Kings history - PDA. So you think Vlade is going to fire Karl?o_O

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Per Jason Jones on 1140, he's leaning toward the Karl-Cousins relationship being "irreparable." He thinks once the circle of trust has been broken with Cousins, there's not much chance of healing it.

Now if this stuff about Karl lobbying the organization for trading Cousins, and to other players no less, and talking to other teams about upping the ante to get him are in fact for real, then it doesn't take a genius to figure that we should be talking about Cousins trade scenarios and leave it at that. If all the above is nonsense, and this has more to do with style of play, maybe there can be a meeting of the minds.

Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 4m4 minutes ago
Just spoke with a very irritated Vlade Divac. Said he is not trading Cousins, and denies Karl pushing for any deal involving All-Star center

What Vlade and the Kings need to do is contact someone at ESPN or SI or some other national media and tell them they want this to make the press, NOW! Do an interview for them and tell them,

"THE KINGS ARE NOT TRADING DMC AND COACH KARL HAS NOT ASKED TO TRADE DMC, END OF STORY!!!

What Vlade and the Kings need to do is contact someone at ESPN or SI or some other national media and tell them they want this to make the press, NOW! Do an interview for them and tell them,

"THE KINGS ARE NOT TRADING DMC AND COACH KARL HAS NOT ASKED TO TRADE DMC, END OF STORY!!!
Let's be honest, there is nothing that they can say. If they say they are even thinking about trading DMC then his value is lower than it has already gone with this mess. I don't take too much credence from this just yet.

Above and beyond that the article states that Rondo is "intrigued" by a one year contract in Sacramento to rebuild his perception league wide.

So trading Gay (who just signed an extension) for a one year rental of Rondo after which you either have to give him a monster deal in the summer the cap explodes or lose him for nothing when he signs elsewhere? That's not 4 steps ahead Vivek. That's 8 steps behind.

I get that you want to make a splash to open your new arena but if that were really the case you would have kept Malone on as coach and let things build naturally.

I've gotten so tired of trying to parse the words of D'Alessandro, Ranadive, Cousins, Fegan, Karl, even Divac & Malone to try and figure out the true narrative here. And so tired of trying to to figure out how to assign blame for the awful decisions that have been made. From letting Evans go for nothing, signing Landry, trading for Williams, letting Thomas go for nothing, signing Royce White, drafting Stauskas after already drafting Ben, pushing Shareef out the door, trading away 2nd rounders left and right as if they have no value, failing to preserve cap space, trying to "win now" despite a lack of talent, constant media leaks, firing Malone, Signing Corbin, and now apparently hiring Karl as well as the complete and utter dysfunction that seems to surround this Kings team. I'm at the point where I don't care who "pulled the trigger" or whose decision any of these things are. When it comes down to it Vivek Ranadive is the managing owner of this team and it all falls at his feet.

We have a terrible owner, a rudderless franchise and the only star player on the team wants out and I'm finding it harder and harder to blame him.

Either fix things with DMC or you might as well blow the whole thing up. The idea that Cousins wants to be traded, the team seems (depending on whose report you read) willing to accommodate him and yet Vivek still believes the team will make the playoffs next year? Delusional.

But here's the thing. If Boogie wants out and Karl wants him out and there's simply no way around it then he's going to be traded. I'm furious about how things got to this point but if I'm Vlade and I've just been dropped into this mess what do I do? Because that's the one guy among the Kings organization (coaches, FO, ownership) that I actually have respect for at this point. If you're Vlade, what are your options? Tell Boogie and King George to make nice? Deal Cousins? I actually feel for Divac at this point.

And if there's no way forward except to trade Cousins, it has to be a full rebuild. Has to. But while I think I'm done as a Kings fan regardless when/if Boogie is dealt, I think the ultimate kick in the teeth would be some sort of garbage Cousins for Lawson/Faried type deal in the hope of being a playoff team right away. As I saw from a Sacramento fan on twitter this morning - "When I die I want the Sacramento Kings to lower my casket into the ground just so they can let me down one last time".

So completely frustrating to be a fan right now.
cmon man. the f---ing man has been hanging out at oracle arena drinking the dub' kool aid. of course he thinks we can emulate the overnight success of the bay area big bro. he prolly popped some champagne with them.

since he's a pro guiding a middle school girls basketball team to the 'ship, he knows a few things about winning. i can't wait til the proverbial roof collapses on him for creating this mess of a team. i thought the magoofs were bad. this douche has $$$ and still f'ng things up.

Look, Vlade didn't fire the most nefarious character in Kings history - PDA. So you think Vlade is going to fire Karl?o_O
I'm pretty sure Vlade would have made it very clear to PDA to find a new job. Let's not be naive and think PDA went of his own free will. He was absolutely kicked out the door.

Now if this stuff about Karl lobbying the organization for trading Cousins, and to other players no less, and talking to other teams about upping the ante to get him are in fact for real, then it doesn't take a genius to figure that we should be talking about Cousins trade scenarios and leave it at that. If all the above is nonsense, and this has more to do with style of play, maybe there can be a meeting of the minds.
Um, no, not even close. If that stuff about Karl is true then you fire his senile, earth-sized ego and do everything you can to get DeMarcus back onside. If Karl pulled that sh1t, then it's so far beyond the line that there should be no coming back from it.

Per Jason Jones on 1140, he's leaning toward the Karl-Cousins relationship being "irreparable." He thinks once the circle of trust has been broken with Cousins, there's not much chance of healing it.

it's been reported that he doesn't forget when someone does him wrong. coach cal said it prior to the draft. the owner thinks he can shuffle things around like some computer programming modules and it'll be all kosher.

The first part looks awful also. I think we're just choosing to believe the part of the statement most appealing to our ears. I'll tell you one thing I don't believe - if Karl is behind the scenes orchestrating a trade with Divac not knowing about it, that's beyond the pail. If that really is the case then Divac isn't the right guy for the job.
And in your super spin mode, this is Vlade's fault?

If Karl isn't lobbying for Cuz to get traded, that reinforces the notion that this is all coming from Cuz's camp in order to get him out of Sac. That seems worse to me than if it were Karl lobbying for a trade, since in that case, maybe you could maybe tell Karl to STFU or fire him. But if Karl isn't doing any of these things, and Cuz is using him as a means to demand a trade... not good.

Again, I'm just hoping we can get Cuz to buy in till the break to see if we can turn things around quickly. Then promise that if he still wants out, you'll accomodate him.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure Vlade would have made it very clear to PDA to find a new job. Let's not be naive and think PDA went of his own free will. He was absolutely kicked out the door.
No, let's be clear - he was demoted, but left to linger within the organization. It was left to PDA to look elsewhere. This idea that he was "fired" when he really wasn't is ridiculous. So what is Vlade going to do? - demote Karl to assistant coach and let him linger while he looks for another job?

No, let's be clear - he was demoted, but left to linger within the organization. It was left to PDA to look elsewhere. This idea that he was "fired" when he really wasn't is ridiculous. So what is Vlade going to do? - demote Karl to assistant coach and let him linger while he looks for another job?
It was a good will gesture, nothing more. There was no way PDA was going to be around this season. It was find a new job and leave with a tiny bastion of dignity or we'll can you. I can't prove that obviously, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone that followed the Kings last year.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Um, no, not even close. If that stuff about Karl is true then you fire his senile, earth-sized ego and do everything you can to get DeMarcus back onside. If Karl pulled that sh1t, then it's so far beyond the line that there should be no coming back from it.
And you think it's plausible he does all of this purported stuff behind Divac's back? That's freaking hilarious. Then we've got more problems than Karl and Cousins.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Something I can't understand and maybe you can help me here : If, as presumed, Fegan has something to do with this situation and other leaks/rumors, why Boogie keeps him as his agent, given how important loyalty is important for him ?
Perhaps Boogie did ask to be traded privitely a couple of months ago, and Fegan is doing his best to accommadate him. Maybe Boogie believes the rumors that Fegan is spreading. Does he believe his agent, or does he believe the organization that has lied to him before? Truth is, I can't answer your question. I can only speculate. But I do know history, and this seems remarkably similar to the Melo and Howard situations and how they were forced to be moved. And as Howard will attest, it doesn't always work out for the players involved.

And you think it's plausible he does all of this purported stuff behind Divac's back? That's freaking hilarious. Then we've got more problems than Karl and Cousins.
What are you talking about? You're incoherent. If Karl wants to talk to players, other teams, agents, whoever, there is literally nobody that could stop him. You're acting like Vlade has some weird voodoo control over him, it's weird.

I don't believe Karl did that btw, so your question is kind of moot to me.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It was a good will gesture, nothing more. There was no way PDA was going to be around this season. It was find a new job and leave with a tiny bastion of dignity or we'll can you. I can't prove that obviously, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone that followed the Kings last year.
You don't know that PDA wasn't going to be around next season. But we do know he wasn't fired, even though there was a ton of reasons to do so.

“It is not happening,” an irritated Divac told the Sacramento Bee when asked about the reports earlier today. “We’re looking for ways to improve our team. We need time to work on that, and draft a good player. I don’t care what the agents or the media people are saying.”

Asked specifically if coach George Karl has pushed to trade Cousins, Divac replied, “No. We have talked about how we can improve the team, but not discussed anything specifically with (Cousins) even though teams are calling us. I will not be in a position to be pushed around. I don’t know why we are wasting time talking about something that is not going to happen.”
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article25347820.html#storylink=cpy

"Asked specifically if coach George Karl has pushed to trade Cousins, Divac replied, “No. We have talked about how we can improve the team, but not discussed anything specifically with (Cousins) even though teams are calling us. I will not be in a position to be pushed around. I don’t know why we are wasting time talking about something that is not going to happen.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article25347820.html#storylink=cpy

For whatever reason, Vlade is one of the few, maybe the ONLY one, I believe.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
What are you talking about? You're incoherent. If Karl wants to talk to players, other teams, agents, whoever, there is literally nobody that could stop him. You're acting like Vlade has some weird voodoo control over him, it's weird.

I don't believe Karl did that btw, so your question is kind of moot to me.
Ridiculous. You believe that there can be a coach orchestrating a trade of the keystone figure in the org without the President of that organization knowing? This is all quite amusing.

Ridiculous. You believe that there can be a coach orchestrating a trade of the keystone figure in the org without the President of that organization knowing? This is all quite amusing.
No, I never said that, and you're being weird to be honest. I'm going to stop responding now because clearly you're trying to fit what people are saying into your own agenda-shaped mould.

Honestly, Jason Jones is only interested because it might end up benefiting his Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.