One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings get 5 pick, Vucevic, & other picks, Magic get 2nd pick & take Okafor, Lakers get Cousins & 6.

I wouldn't consider that trade. I'd rather put Philly and Boston and into a bidding war in 2 years. We can better that.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Look at one of the possible trades (according to some twitter account):

@Probballdraft
Still in talks but initially sounds like Kings get 5 pick, Vucevic, & other picks, Magic get 2nd pick & take Okafor, Lakers get Cousins & 6.

----

That's just silly speculation there by some random twitter account, not something to be worried about.

@Probballdraft
Still in talks but initially sounds like Kings get 5 pick, Vucevic, & other picks, Magic get 2nd pick & take Okafor, Lakers get Cousins & 6.

----
I'd imagine whoever's running that account simply made that up to seem like they have insider knowledge, because it makes negative sense for the Kings to trade Cuz for Vucevic to move up one spot in the draft. That's honestly one of the laziest, lamest "rumours" I've ever heard.

Hilarious Lakers' fan comment:

"anyone else think by this gotten leaked Cousins' trade value just dropped a little. knowing his temper, Cousins won't be a happy camper knowing the Kings were shopping him came off a career year, so Kings kind of have to get rid of him now so to speak."

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
So the flip side of all this interest from GMs is that it 1. reenforces that the league knows how potent a weapon Cuz is. That should also mean that 2. FA's around the league ought to be very interested in coming to Sac to play with him.

Hilarious Lakers' fan comment:
"anyone else think by this gotten leaked Cousins' trade value just dropped a little. knowing his temper, Cousins won't be a happy camper knowing the Kings were shopping him came off a career year, so Kings kind of have to get rid of him now so to speak."
Well I agree with the bit about him not being happy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DMC believes in loyalty. I, for one, intend to be loyal to him as long as he's in the NBA. I'm going to believe that he, Vlade, George Karl, and anyone else involved are all mature enough to resolve their differences.

This is ****ing BS, I refuse to read anymore of this thread or anything regarding Cousins. Teams are PURPOSELY ****ing over the Kings by putting releasing their "sources". Seriously, the one time to Kings get something amazing, the rest of the NBA wants to take it away from us. They go as far as saying BS like this despite Vlade ****ing Divac stating 10000000000x that he is NOT trading Cousins. It doesn't even matter if these rumors are true, it's already done its damage by sending out a message to Cuz. I hope Divac has reassured Cuz behind closed doors.

This is the crapty offseason of the NBA. I hate the Lakers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2h2 hours ago
ESPN sources: Lakers are actively trying to construct trade scenarios to acquire Kings' DeMarcus Cousins. Link: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13131159/los-angeles-lakers-actively-trying-acquire-demarcus-cousins-trade-sacramento-kings…

Most important part of stupid article:

The Kings, though, continue to insist that Cousins is not available. The team's new lead decision-maker, Vlade Divac, told the Sacramento Bee in Sunday's editions that dealing away his best player "is not happening."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is ****ing BS, I refuse to read anymore of this thread or anything regarding Cousins. Teams are PURPOSELY ****ing over the Kings by putting releasing their "sources". Seriously, the one time to Kings get something amazing, the rest of the NBA wants to take it away from us. They go as far as saying BS like this despite Vlade ****ing Divac stating 10000000000x that he is NOT trading Cousins. It doesn't even matter if these rumors are true, it's already done its damage by sending out a message to Cuz. I hope Divac has reassured Cuz behind closed doors.

This is the poopooty offseason of the NBA. I hate the Lakers.
The only message being sent to DMC is that while other teams may be saying they want him, we're saying he's ours. AND the Kings fan base is being adamant about it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
wait a minute....there are still all these rumors out there swiveling around after Vlade...himself said not once, but TWICE that Cousins is not going anywhere?

@Probballdraft
So the Kings give up an all-star, 2nd Team NBA center to move up ONE draft slot in a draft where no one has ANY clue who will go in what order 3-8 and downgrade to Vucevic?

And here I thought the Lakers trade Randle, Clarkson and #2 pick rumors were slightly insulting.

:rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
wait a minute....there are still all these rumors out there swiveling around after Vlade...himself said not once, but TWICE that Cousins is not going anywhere?
Of course. Twitter makes many things possible, including stupid rumors and those who hope if they say something enough times it will come true. Bad thing about Twitter is way too many times things are put out there that are from "league sources" - meaning anything from a parking lot attendant to a team publicist to a player agent to the guy who hands out the Gatorade, etc.

Unfortunately the writing is on the wall. Has been for years. It's the kings way.........

By the way, the gerbil is gone and the loose lips are still flapping. Makes me yearn for the Petrie days when there was ZERO talk out of our FO.
Is there a reason that it has to be our team talking to the media about this?

This is the first article in a long time that actually pissed me off, made my blood pressure increase. I'm so sick of this garbage. It's like the Kings are just looked at as a junkyard/picking ground for teams like the Lakers and the Celtics to come when they choose and cherry pick? I HATE the Lakers more than any sports team in world history. This would send me and I'm sure hundreds of thousands over the edge. It's just insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.