One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total BS, someone leaks some dumb trade proposal to Stein and he pounces on it. Lakers = clicks folks, thats all this article is, some national media type going for click bait. If the headline read "Bucks attempting to trade for Cousins" well lets just say it wouldn't even make it on ESPN.com .

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Of course. Twitter makes many things possible, including stupid rumors and those who hope if they say something enough times it will come true. Bad thing about Twitter is way too many times things are put out there that are from "league sources" - meaning anything from a parking lot attendant to a team publicist to a player agent to the guy who hands out the Gatorade, etc.
I thought you were done reading this thread.....like a page ago. ;)

If you are someone who is easily upset, don't pay attention to Twitter as it relates to the Kings. There's almost nothing to be gained, especially right now. Any idiot can post whatever they want, and any media person can repeat it, and it's all meaningless. The reporters are just competing for eyeballs.

The days of responsible reporting on happenings in sports are long gone. Now it's about how many clicks you can generate, how many views you can get...as a "journalist," you aren't judged by your accuracy any more, you're judged by your views. Big difference.

The Internet masses don't give a crap about you or how you feel about what they say. Also...get this...the fact that Vlade said Cousins wasn't being traded have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a reporter is going to publish or tweet that a trade is in the works. The reporter literally doesn't care about what Vlade said.

Also, for the people complaining about how all of this makes Cousins feel...that's one very social media-savvy dude. He knows how this works, and I would bet money that he's smart enough to realize that seeing something on Twitter about him being traded doesn't mean that he's been "disrespected," unless it comes directly from someone in Kings management. He knows that other teams are likely to say anything, and that it doesn't mean a damned thing.

Unless you see someone saying "there has been a trade," try to relax. None of this means anything.

/rant

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Brian Windhorst is reporting on Twitter that DMC has privately asked for a trade. If that's true, then I - as a loyal Kings fan and supporter of DMC since day 1, would be asking for DMC to publicly address Kings fans and explain. After all, loyalty goes both ways.

I hate this. I hate that someone is leaking this stuff to the media. I am 100% certain it is NOT coming from the Kings. I cannot rule out DMC's agents, however, who have priors in this regard.

This is the first article in a long time that actually pissed me off, made my blood pressure increase. I'm so sick of this garbage. It's like the Kings are just looked at as a junkyard/picking ground for teams like the Lakers and the Celtics to come when they choose and cherry pick? I HATE the Lakers more than any sports team in world history. This would send me and I'm sure hundreds of thousands over the edge. It's just insulting.
Do we have this many fans? I would be impressed if there were!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Unless you see someone saying "there has been a trade," try to relax. None of this means anything.

/rant
Even then. First and goal at the one, anyone? That "there has been a trade" notification would have to come from the Kings for me to believe it.

Again, this is all just BS tweeting and Lakers fans yanking their own chains. Nothing to see here.

Brian Windhorst is reporting on Twitter that DMC has privately asked for a trade. If that's true, then I - as a loyal Kings fan and supporter of DMC since day 1, would be asking for DMC to publicly address Kings fans and explain. After all, loyalty goes both ways.

I hate this. I hate that someone is leaking this stuff to the media. I am 100% certain it is NOT coming from the Kings. I cannot rule out DMC's agents, however, who have priors in this regard.
Even if he has, VF, what can he do about it if we don't comply? Just don't trade him and prove to him we will build a winner. I sincerely doubt that Cousins has asked to be traded anyway, and until someone from the Kings says as much, I will not be paying attention to this ****storm that the media has invented. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see that the Lakers have nothing to offer the Kings. My only hope is that Vlade, who himself is familiar with how the Lakers operate, sees this for what it is (a gimmick) and treats it as such.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Brian Windhorst says a lot of things, especially about Cousins. If I remember correctly last year he was going to get beat out by Mason Plumlee for Team USA.

Players can be fined for publicly demanding a trade. If DMC wants to go and has told the team that much, unless he wants to give up some cash, he won't be saying that's true.

And as we've seen, players and teams will deny this stuff happen right up until it does down. So, nothing to see here / false might not mean much.

If you are banking for something real and definitive coming from DMC, anyone with the Kings, or the media, you're out of luck for a while. Folks can read the tea leaves how they like, but it's unclear how real this is and nobody knows for sure right now what's going to happen.

Windhorst, I'd guess, has pretty reliable sources. My guess would be Cousins agents. We'll see.

Randle, #2 (Okafor?), and a future 1st might get it done. Maybe a bad contract like Landry's too since LA can absorb.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Windhorst, I'd guess, has pretty reliable sources. My guess would be Cousins agents. We'll see.

Randle, #2 (Okafor?), and a future 1st might get it done. Maybe a bad contract like Landry's too since LA can absorb.
Once you get Windhorst out of the immediate vicinity of LeBron's buttcheeks his accuracy and attention plummet.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Only because we have a well established complete lack of faith in Sacramento Kings decisionmakers. If I owned the team we would all be kicking back right now comparing photoshops of clown noses on the Lakers and their media fawners.
I guess what really worries me is. I wouldn't blame him

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
This **** never stops as a Kings fan. Come home and read this. SMFH.

I will say, whether it's true, partly true or false, Scott Howard Cooper brought up a good point. From a competitor's point of view and other teams hoping to get him at some point, this is smart. It adds fuel to the fire here. It creates more turbulence in one of the most unstable markets in the NBA. It gets Cuz possibly thinking, I've been run through the mud during my time in Sac, my new coach who I don't have a relationship with even said I no one on this roster is untradeable. Then he looks around and sees teams begging for him and asks, what if?

The NBA smells blood and is going for it. We created this situation and by we, I mean the Vivek/PDA/Mullin trio. Notice none of this crap pops up with Anthony Davis.

I don't know why the Kings or the Kings bloggers don't start trade rumors about other teams stars and make them all upset. It seems like anyone with a blog just starts a rumor about Boogie and the internet just explodes.

These blog rumors are ridiculous and I sure hope DMC does not pay any attention to them!

Status
Not open for further replies.