OFFICIAL Draft Day Discussion Thread

aww man.... i expecting a big dude... i just hope he wont trun out to be like a kevin martin... he seems to even frailer the k-mart... but at least he can play the 3 and both guard positions... he seems like jalen rose to me... hehe nah,,, but lets give this kid a chance he's got a experince unlike k-mart did...

WELCOME GARCIA!!!!

dick vitale loves garcia, is shocked he fell as low as he did. thinks he will be in the league for a long time, will fit in with the kings style of play.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You know what's funny? Now that Garcia is officially a King, I like him more already. Suddenly I'm not seeing who we could have gotten, I'm seeing everything that's good about Garcia. Great shooter, long wingspan, plays with intensity, sees the court very well. A pretty good next generation Doug Christie.

Bricklayer said:
Because our front office values shooting above ALL other traits. Never won anything with it. But value it above all anyway.
At the very least, Garcia is a guy who has shown that he can play a little bit of defense, although with his (lack of) size, he might be in for some rough nights if he gets consistent minutes.

And, with Martin, Garcia and Evans as the only SGs on the roster (not counting BJax right now), barring some additional trades (such bar seems highly unlikely, though), Adelman is going to have to play a young-un significant time, and he's going to have to like it. Either that, or we're going to see lots of Bibby/BJax backcourts.

i cant wait till the season begins and seeing this kid play :D :D :D

btw does anyone have footage of garcia being drafted ??? on some website or anything???

I'm not happy. I don't like Garcia. I guess they had to go that way though, I was really hoping for Hodge or Jack, but the Nuggets (wisely) scooped both of those up. What happened to their promise to Ilyasova? Grrrr.

Here is a bio I read on him on foxsports.com: "Despite his long arms, he is an awful rebounder for his size and plays subpar defense." I thought those were the two things we wanted to address?

It could be worse (from a drafting standpoint) --- the Kings could be Houston and just have selected Luther Head (David Wesley part 2, anyone?).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Garcia wasn't there for the draft, Ray Z.

Another Doug Christie? That kind of makes Kevin superfluous, doesn't it? I was really hoping for a big...

mbkings10 said:
Here is a bio I read on him on foxsports.com: "Despite his long arms, he is an awful rebounder for his size and plays subpar defense." I thought those were the two things we wanted to address?
I guess my notion that Garcia could play some defense may be misplaced, although Jay Bilas on espn says he has good defensive abilities. Guess time will tell.

Last edited:
hrdboild said:
You know what's funny? Now that Garcia is officially a King, I like him more already. Suddenly I'm not seeing who we could have gotten, I'm seeing everything that's good about Garcia. Great shooter, long wingspan, plays with intensity, sees the court very well. A pretty good next generation Doug Christie.
I got that too. Because I didn't look ahead to who Kings may choose, I had no idea whether it would be a big (which I REALLY wanted) or a guard, but I'm happy with this pick, means we can use the entire MLE for a big. He seems intense and motivated, not your typical Kings ho-hum personality, heh.

4cwebb said:
It could be worse (from a drafting standpoint) --- the Kings could be Houston and just have selected Luther Head (David Wesley part 2, anyone?).
i was suprised they went for luther head... but they needed a pg cuz wesley is really a sg... but im stunned by this pick..

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It does make Kevin superfluous. Which is why I didn't like the pick either. I like Garcia, he's a quality player. I like him a lot. But it means either Kevin or Evans is gone and that makes me very sad. Evans was my favorite King last year.

I still think its a good draft pic. I assume we will get some "D" with some trades.

I assume he may start at the 2... Mobley is as good as gone, he has skills and should of been drafted earlier.