NFL Talk

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well it seems this game is over before it even started, boy those Niners are disappointing.
For all of that talk about the Kings having bad coaching, I'm pretty sure there are Pop Warner coaches that could have prepared the Niners better for this game than Samurai Mike and Greg Manusky. If I could notice that swing pass coming after seeing it two times, I'm not sure how the defensive staff couldn't.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
For all of that talk about the Kings having bad coaching, I'm pretty sure there are Pop Warner coaches that could have prepared the Niners better for this game than Samurai Mike and Greg Manusky. If I could notice that swing pass coming after seeing it two times, I'm not sure how the defensive staff couldn't.
Coaching is def. a problem for them but they just aren't consistent enough and need some playmakers on offense. Some defense would help too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Coaching is def. a problem for them but they just aren't consistent enough and need some playmakers on offense. Some defense would help too.
They have plenty of playmakers, just no play callers.

Gore/Crabtree/Davis/Morgan are all capable playmakers on O, they just need someone to get them the ball.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They have plenty of playmakers, just no play callers.

Gore/Crabtree/Davis/Morgan are all capable playmakers on O, they just need someone to get them the ball.
Disagree. Davis and Gore are their best weapons. Morgan & Crabtree are average. They are capable, yes...but it doesn't help when you have a new QB starting every couple of games. You are right though on the playcall, it is god awful.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Shanny has lost it. Rex Grossman? Why? There is no long term solution in that.
Maybe Shanahan is trying to teach McNabb a "lesson" in his play is unacceptable. Laugh out loud, the funny thing is he benches McNabb couple weeks back for Grossman against the Lions and now he decides to bench him for good the rest of the three games remaining. Boy are they going to have to put aside some of their differences because McNabb and Mike are going to be there for awhile, atleast it seems so.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
That guy has loser DNA. Too bad, because his arm is amazing. Reminds me of Jeff George.
His decision making had really improved from what I had seen of him this year, to be honest I was going to stop dumping on him and then they ran into the Pats. And now he (and a few other Bears) are pouting that the MN Gophers stadium or wherever they are playing "isn't heated". You'd think less than two weeks since Dandy Don died there would be some Ice Bowl memories fresh in his mind.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This is great. Danny Woodhead works undercover to sell his own gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
with all the mcnabb talk. His contract next year is only worth $3M, so they can cut him by a certain time and save themselves from paying the exorbitant amount of money left on it.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I suspect Shanny will draft a QB and keep McNabb around until the new guy is ready to go. I don't think he wants a stopgap solution and I think that is part of the problem with him and McNabb. I guess he could go after Carson Palmer if Snyder is issuing some kind of win or else decree.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I suspect Shanny will draft a QB and keep McNabb around until the new guy is ready to go. I don't think he wants a stopgap solution and I think that is part of the problem with him and McNabb. I guess he could go after Carson Palmer if Snyder is issuing some kind of win or else decree.
If they helped us get rid of Carson Palmer, I would be ecstatic!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Holy crap, I went to lunch and the Eagles looked hopeless and came back for the final two plays. Coughlin yelling at his punter was priceless.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Words can't describe how much I hate the Bengals. They were doing so good with losing ten in a row and competing for a top 2 draft pick then they decide they want to start winning by beating the Browns. I sure hope to god next week the Chargers beat up on them and don't let them hang in the game, wins are far from important for this franchise this season and they need a new QB in the worst way! I hope next week I won't have to come here and write again how much I hate them, it won't be pretty.

Words can't describe how much I hate the Bengals. They were doing so good with losing ten in a row and competing for a top 2 draft pick then they decide they want to start winning by beating the Browns. I sure hope to god next week the Chargers beat up on them and don't let them hang in the game, wins are far from important for this franchise this season and they need a new QB in the worst way! I hope next week I won't have to come here and write again how much I hate them, it won't be pretty.
You n me both

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What a complete choke job by the Giants. Wow, you are up 31-10 in the 4th quarter with 8 something minutes remaining and you end up losing by a touchdown? Very disappointed in the Giants non existant defense, kudos to Philly.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Wow last night's game was tough to watch as a Pats fan, they pulled it out but it looks like they had trouble getting everything running on full cylinders in a game that was rendered meaningless (they needed a divisional win to lock up the AFCE/home field either way) and with a backup QB. Green Bay played like they had nothing to lose. The onsides kick was gutsy. The rookie QB played like a vet. John Kuhn had something like 6 rushes for 21 yards but everyone of those yards was a backbreaker. I was impressed by how much they made watching the game unpleasant for me. I think it is worth noting that they did seem to get a few beneficial drive sustaining penalties, and the helmet to helmet flag on McCourty that enabled their first TD was definitely BS - reports are that the refs made the call after looking at a jumbotron slo-mo replay. Not appropriate. Perhaps this was because Roger Goodell was in attendance, I don't know. But it was frustrating to see so many calls against a team that has been well disciplined all season. Much was made about the rookie QBs inability to handle the 2 minute drill at the end but the Pats defense does deserve some credit there - coming up with timely sacks, forcing the play to the middle of the field and an interception that was taken away by a foul away from the ball. The drive killer was the sack that came two plays earlier and forced them to burn their timeout and prevented a ball spike. It was 4th and 1 but even if they converted the Pats were playing to keep them out of the end zone and away from the sidelines all the way and the clock would have certainly expired either way.

The Broncos fan side of me does not take kindly to Tim Tebow. I just don't like the guy, I hate run first QBs general and even his one brilliant play of the day was ruined for me by what I deemed an inappropriate amount of celebration after his score. I think Emmitt Smith said it best, "Act like you've been there before". The new coach sucks too. McDaniels was not any worse.

Wow last night's game was tough to watch as a Pats fan, they pulled it out but it looks like they had trouble getting everything running on full cylinders in a game that was rendered meaningless (they needed a divisional win to lock up the AFCE/home field either way) and with a backup QB. Green Bay played like they had nothing to lose. The onsides kick was gutsy. The rookie QB played like a vet. John Kuhn had something like 6 rushes for 21 yards but everyone of those yards was a backbreaker. I was impressed by how much they made watching the game unpleasant for me. I think it is worth noting that they did seem to get a few beneficial drive sustaining penalties, and the helmet to helmet flag on McCourty that enabled their first TD was definitely BS - reports are that the refs made the call after looking at a jumbotron slo-mo replay. Not appropriate. Perhaps this was because Roger Goodell was in attendance, I don't know. But it was frustrating to see so many calls against a team that has been well disciplined all season. Much was made about the rookie QBs inability to handle the 2 minute drill at the end but the Pats defense does deserve some credit there - coming up with timely sacks, forcing the play to the middle of the field and an interception that was taken away by a foul away from the ball. The drive killer was the sack that came two plays earlier and forced them to burn their timeout and prevented a ball spike. It was 4th and 1 but even if they converted the Pats were playing to keep them out of the end zone and away from the sidelines all the way and the clock would have certainly expired either way.

The Broncos fan side of me does not take kindly to Tim Tebow. I just don't like the guy, I hate run first QBs general and even his one brilliant play of the day was ruined for me by what I deemed an inappropriate amount of celebration after his score. I think Emmitt Smith said it best, "Act like you've been there before". The new coach sucks too. McDaniels was not any worse.
After 2 straight blowouts of good teams, it was fun to watch a competative football game were the Pats needed to come from behind to win. There were points during the game were it looked like the Packers were going to pull it off.. Fun night for Pats fans.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I like a competitive game but I can't say I had fun watching my team underperform at home against a crippled foe. Now the Pack did play inspired football last night, and certainly if Rodgers had been in a close game would have been easier to swallow, and perhaps the Pats would have brought their A game and looked a little better and more prepared; the Pack wouldn't have run the same conservative offense and probably wouldn't have opened with an onside kick. And ultimately they did put up 31 points against the best defense in the league, so I'm definitely happy, but it was a pretty agonizing 3 hours until the final whistle for me.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Boy oh boy those Falcons sure look Superbowl bound. It seems they will have a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The Falcons have very quietly put together a nice little season but they lost to Pittsburgh and Philly, still their quality win ranking has them second behind only the Pats. Maybe they are for real but I think they may be in trouble if they run into an offense that is hot.