[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read some comments elsewhere from T-wolves fans that are not very happy with Thibbs. Some are even mentioning trading KAT because of Thibbs if you can fathom that non-sense
I've read more people wanting to trade Rubio...or maybe Wiggins. Not KAT though. They'd be dumbasses to want to trade KAT...no offense.

If they were to trade 1 of their 3 young players, it should be Wiggins. They'll get a high return, so it wouldn't be a lop-sided trade. He's a good scorer...but all he does is score. He's been bad defensively despite have all of the tools to be elite. His 3pt shooting is still a work in progress. He's very heavy ISO. His rebounding is just average. His passing is below average.

I question his fit with LaVine and KAT.

I've read more people wanting to trade Rubio...or maybe Wiggins. Not KAT though. They'd be dumbasses to want to trade KAT...no offense.

If they were to trade 1 of their 3 young players, it should be Wiggins. They'll get a high return, so it wouldn't be a lop-sided trade. He's a good scorer...but all he does is score. He's been bad defensively despite have all of the tools to be elite. His 3pt shooting is still a work in progress. He's very heavy ISO. His rebounding is just average. His passing is below average.

I question his fit with LaVine and KAT.
I agree on all points made. And I think some are mistaking my post as more than it was meant to be. It is ludicrous to even contemplate that move, yet there were a few thinking "is this what we need to do?"
You have Wizard fans, some mind you, that feel bad for Wall, they cant stand their GM, and just want to see Wall succeed somewhere. Sounds eerily familiar.

Of course you venture into Boston territory and I am sure I dont have to elaborate on the main trade ideas there. Philly fans are watching both our record and that of the Lakers with regards to picks. So on and so on.
When I have exhausted all the Kings news I can consume for the day, I look around the rest of the league to see whats shaking.

If you mean me, I try and read as much basketball information I can get my eyes on. Usually I will look in on other teams Reddit pages and the main NBA Reddit page, among other sites. Its helpful to try and get a feel on what trades may be possible. With the caveat that these are all fans so more a consensus on what they may feel is fair.
oh, not you at all.
More general observation how each team has unhappy fans that are willing to shoot themselves in the foot just for change sake.

oh, not you at all.
More general observation how each team has unhappy fans that are willing to shoot themselves in the foot just for change sake.
Absolutely, and that was what i was mentioning here in this thread. Some of the posts could be copy/pasted on numerous other team sites if you just changed some things like teams and players. Otherwise it can be almost verbatim at times.

We have a real fluid and time sensitive situation here, but we definitely aren't the only ones. It is really interesting to me with PHX and WSH for example. It almost seems to be a game of chicken. 3 players who want to play together, on different teams. 3 different teams in the lower half of their conference for a while now. No one wants to give up their star, they want what the other teams have, but dont have the assets to get them.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What are people's thoughts on players getting "rest" days? It was being discussed on 1140 and it made me think..

Personally I don't care. If a day off here and there prevents a little wear and tear that possibly saves from a nagging injury later on it's a positive. If a player's taking a rest day every other week... Then there's a problem. But once per quarter-season? Fine.

Grant was screaming about it being a disgrace to the league, and that the Cavs OWED it to the Memphis fans to play their stars because the Memphis fans only get one shot to see LBJ and the rest. My question was; why the ******** would Cleveland owe anything to Memphis or their fans?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What are people's thoughts on players getting "rest" days? It was being discussed on 1140 and it made me think..

Personally I don't care. If a day off here and there prevents a little wear and tear that possibly saves from a nagging injury later on it's a positive. If a player's taking a rest day every other week... Then there's a problem. But once per quarter-season? Fine.

Grant was screaming about it being a disgrace to the league, and that the Cavs OWED it to the Memphis fans to play their stars because the Memphis fans only get one shot to see LBJ and the rest. My question was; why the ******** would Cleveland owe anything to Memphis or their fans?
We see the teams that are expected or expecting to make a deep playoff run resting players more than say a team that has no playoff aspirations or are on the cusp of being one but not quite over that hump. Every franchise is entitled to rest their respective players how they see fit, they are not here to appease anybody but themselves.

Now, it's a different story when you see lottery bound teams starting to rest players, because we all know what the end game here is. Then I start to question the integrity of it all, but then I look at it from their perspective as well, your best opportunity is to land a stud in the draft, therefore intentional tanking is not always rewarded but gives a team to rise up from the ashes, which I respect and condone so long as the NBA does not step in and have a say.

I can see Grant's argument. Some fans choose to go to games based on the opponent. If you buy tickets because you think you're going to see LBJ go up against your team, then you obviously didn't get what you thought you were paying for. If I went to a concert to see Band X play, and they didn't show up, I would get my money back. So, yeah, I can see that side of the coin. It's not so much that the Cavs owe anything; it's more that the league should be ensuring that fans who buy tickets to games get what they are paying for.

I can see Grant's argument. Some fans choose to go to games based on the opponent. If you buy tickets because you think you're going to see LBJ go up against your team, then you obviously didn't get what you thought you were paying for. If I went to a concert to see Band X play, and they didn't show up, I would get my money back. So, yeah, I can see that side of the coin. It's not so much that the Cavs owe anything; it's more that the league should be ensuring that fans who buy tickets to games get what they are paying for.
I can see his point here because the Cavs didn't just rest James. They rested Love & Irving as well.

And such games tend to be more expensive right? Cavs, warriors, okc up to this year etc.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I probably lean more on the side of the point of view that the onus should be on the ownership/management to build a team that the locals want to pay money to go see, regardless of who's playing.

With that said, it does give you greater appreciation for players like Michael Jordan who, as Tony Kornheiser is fond of saying, always gave full faith and credit to the ticket buyers.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
glad to see that the Kings aren't the only team that other teams are setting records against...Houston with 24 three point field goals made :O...D'Antoni basketball in a nutshell

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Especially when the home team charges more for games based on the caliber of the opponent.

According to Woj, his value us low because most around the league think he has a poor work ethic. Add in how injury prone he is and you might be able to get him cheap.
Oh man, that might be a problem if you're thinking potential hefty contract. However, if the Kings were to trade for him, they'd still have 1/2 a season to decide whether or not he's worth the money.

I wonder if Casspi+Richardson would be enough?

Noel would be a good C alongside Cousins.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
mostly good news for us tonight, assuming Golden State smacks down the Blazers and gives us an opportunity to pull within 1.

However, Houston is putting on a truly awful display of the live by the three die by the three motto, and it could be the best defensive result the Wolves have had all season. They remain a concern because of the pure talent. Be two games in a row, beat a good team, get sme momentum going...hope not.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There ya go Wolves -- found a way to give it away.

So it becomes a strong night for us, marred only by New York not showing up and Denver likely polishing them off now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
KAT had a huge night and yet his team still managed to come up short. It was hard to imagine that the a team could actually get worse after replacing Sam Mitchell and yet here the Wolves are. (Kris Dunn also not playing all that great either)

Brandon Ingram got the start for the Lakers and almost pulled off a triple double while also not being horrible against Lebron. But jeez Kevin Love is having a huge year this season.

Kind of off topic but George Karl is a trending at the top of twitter for bashing the hell out of Carmelo and J.R just to make a few bucks selling a book. DMC's snake tweet was right on, Karl was a POS before he got here. But of course the national media will continue to label Cousins as a coach killer:rolleyes:

MOD NOTE: Moved to NBA thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kind of off topic but George Karl is a trending at the top of twitter for bashing the hell out of Carmelo and J.R just to make a few bucks selling a book. DMC's snake tweet was right on, Karl was a POS before he got here. But of course the national media will continue to label Cousins as a coach killer:rolleyes:

It's all about sales for Karl, whatever he says that gains some traction and media attention is a positive. He is a attention whore. We knew all along how the Denver players felt about him, the writings were on the wall.

The excerpt I read (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/g...lo-anthony-kenyon-martin-j-r-smith-in-memoir/) suggsts he lived in a world of stereotypes and a misguided sense of superiority over his players.

So Grant and Doug started the show with the George Karl stuff in an extended intro.

Grant revealed stuff about Karl which clearly indicts GRANT in being complicit with Kings' cover-up and deliberate withholding of information while at the same time attacking Demarcus for bad behavior, which Grant's comments today completely absolved.

Grant was explicitly clear that while Karl was here, he wasn't interested in coaching, in any way.
He would sit down on a chair during practice, and never coach.
The only time he coached was when NBATV rolled in, and then he got up and made it look like he was coaching.

Now, many of us I'm sure remember Grant attacking Demarcus and labelling him all kinds of bad leader, etc when Demarcus went off on George Karl last year.
But Grant's own words label Grant a two-faced hypocrite, who took the opportunity to attack Demarcus, when in fact if he was looking out for the team and the truth, he would have quietly defended Demarcus for calling out Karl, saying something like "Listen, folks, there are things behind the scenes that give support to Demarcus trying to stand up for the team against the coach this time."

Instead, he lambasted Cuz for not having the right respect to the coach, etc etc etc.

Well guess what Grant just said about Karl?
He explicitly called out Karl's lack of respect - to everyone - completely unwarranted, unsupported lack of respect that Karl treated everyone (presumably the players) with.

Grant Napear is so stupid, he doesn't even realize how his words attacking Karl today completely prove his own attacks against Demarcus last year (for calling out Karl) completely unwarranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.