[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Paul has been a top guard for a long time and he did lift the Suns team way up this year, but this deal is an overpayment for that length of time, age-factor, and injury history. 2 years, ok, - perhaps a little more reward if they'd actually taken the title. Just cannot see Paul performing at an NBA high level at 39 and 40 yro let alone year 38.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
one last pay day before he hangs it up. After the season he and the Suns had, he deserves big banks. He's also one of those players who's game ages well considering he doesn't rely on athleticism, albeit he has been banged up from time to time so Suns also taking a risk here

one last pay day before he hangs it up. After the season he and the Suns had, he deserves big banks. He's also one of those players who's game ages well considering he doesn't rely on athleticism, albeit he has been banged up from time to time so Suns also taking a risk here
I would call it one last 'over-payday'. I see why he turned down $44 million or whatever it was.... you can't blame him at all for taking the deal. Of course these teams don't seem to care about salary caps or luxury taxes much anyway.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I would call it one last 'over-payday'. I see why he turned down $44 million or whatever it was.... you can't blame him at all for taking the deal. Of course these teams don't seem to care about salary caps or luxury taxes much anyway.
Suns went 9 or 10 straight seasons without the Playoffs. Them taking a chance at overpaying Paul is worth the gamble in my opinion considering where they've been before his arrival along with Monte

Hard to grasp for me, that DMC cant get any traction with teams in FA, while guys like Whiteside, Portis, WCS or Theis are getting signed.
From what I've seen he dominated on offense vs bench guys, when given playing time. Granted pick&roll defense was a problem, but it is for a lot of bigs in the league.

Whats your take? DMC's career over? Is he just not good enough anymore or is it the narrative of the potential malcontent, thats still out there and seems to follow him, regardless, that his teammates and coaches praise his attitude.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I was curious so I googled it. Michael Jordan didn't make that much in a season for the Bulls until he came back from his first retirement (at which point he became the highest paid player by almost double what anyone else was making).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I was curious so I googled it. Michael Jordan didn't make that much in a season for the Bulls until he came back from his first retirement (at which point he became the highest paid player by almost double what anyone else was making).
"Would you rather be underpaid, or overrated?" - Jay-Z

maybe he should try shooting with someone who isn’t Rajon Rondo?
His shot doesn't even look bad there. But sometimes he bends his wrist and stuff. Surely it shouldn't be that hard to get him to shoot decently right. I mean, it's the NBA, the national BASKETBALL organization, they have tons of money and probably the best coaches around. Is it really that hard ?

His shot doesn't even look bad there. But sometimes he bends his wrist and stuff. Surely it shouldn't be that hard to get him to shoot decently right. I mean, it's the NBA, the national BASKETBALL organization, they have tons of money and probably the best coaches around. Is it really that hard ?
The player has to be willing to work with the team. From everything I have heard, Simmons likes to do things his own way.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
There is also an excerpt featuring Larry Sanders getting tortured by Kidd to point of him having both a physical and mental breakdown (he would later go on to quit basketball) but there was a couple of naughty words involved and also the content made me sick so I'm not posting it here.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Gotta give Mark Cuban credit, the Kings pulled away with the award for biggest tire fire in the NBA over the last couple of years but he has the Mavs coming for the throne with a vengeance.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
There is also an excerpt featuring Larry Sanders getting tortured by Kidd to point of him having both a physical and mental breakdown (he would later go on to quit basketball) but there was a couple of naughty words involved and also the content made me sick so I'm not posting it here.
Yeah, I saw that too. That's just heartbreaking. At the 2013 MIT Sloan Analytics Conference one of the published papers went into extensive detail on why Larry Sanders was the most effective defender in the entire NBA. In 2015 after just 27 games playing under Jason Kidd, Sanders announced mid-season that he was retiring from the NBA at age 26 citing mental health as the reason. He did make an attempt at a comeback a couple years later but it's no exaggeration to say that Jason Kidd ruined his career.

Which begs the question, if all this info is out there, how come Becky Hammon can't get a head coaching gig but Jason Kidd has just been offered his third?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Boys club.

But also Hammon would be smart to wait out Pop if she can. If she were passed over she'd be rightfully livid, but that's one place that is going to give her a fair shake. Especially if Pop starts the rebuild now and hands her a reloaded team that doesn't exactly have championship aspirations, just the kind of make the playoffs ones a Kings coach would have.

Yeah, I saw that too. That's just heartbreaking. At the 2013 MIT Sloan Analytics Conference one of the published papers went into extensive detail on why Larry Sanders was the most effective defender in the entire NBA. In 2015 after just 27 games playing under Jason Kidd, Sanders announced mid-season that he was retiring from the NBA at age 26 citing mental health as the reason. He did make an attempt at a comeback a couple years later but it's no exaggeration to say that Jason Kidd ruined his career.

Which begs the question, if all this info is out there, how come Becky Hammon can't get a head coaching gig but Jason Kidd has just been offered his third?
I'm guessing she's waiting out Pop and probably even promised his job once he retires. So perhaps unless the absolute perfect situation opens up, she's just hanging on?

Pop is 72, gotta imagine he maybe has 2 or so years left. Especially if SA really starts to bottom out, it'd be hard for me to see him stick around for a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.