[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2022 looking reeeaaaaly bleak for their salary cap:

Trae Young-Max
Kevin Huerter- RFA
John Collins- $25mil? (Assume it's like 5/120 or so)
Gallo- 21.4 mil
Capela- 19.7 mil
Bogi- 18 mil

Maybe they can move Gallinari or Capela as expirings after next season, but man. There's none chance they retain all of Huerter/Hunter/Reddish.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
2022 looking reeeaaaaly bleak for their salary cap:

Trae Young-Max
Kevin Huerter- RFA
John Collins- $25mil? (Assume it's like 5/120 or so)
Gallo- 21.4 mil
Capela- 19.7 mil
Bogi- 18 mil

Maybe they can move Gallinari or Capela as expirings after next season, but man. There's none chance they retain all of Huerter/Hunter/Reddish.
I’d say they can probably keep one of those three, maybe two if they manage to shed some money but at that point, they’re cutting their nose to spite their face.

I’d say they can probably keep one of those three, maybe two if they manage to shed some money but at that point, they’re cutting their nose to spite their face.
This kind of makes sense in my head but:

Hunter and Reddish or Huerter for Barnes/Top 10 protected 1st

Barnes is on the same contract timeline as Gallo/Capela and probably improves their 2 year window they're currently on. They still keep one of their young wings and get a solid reset in 2023 with Trae/Collins signed long-term, Bogi on an expiring, Okongwu and an extra 1st from the Kings.

Kings fill the massive 3/4 void they currently have with 2 young wings on the Fox/Hali/Mitchell timeline. As long as you can ship Buddy out, paying Hunter/Reddish doesn't really affect the Kings booksmuch with Hali and Mitchell remaining affordable over the next 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.