[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Their teams would also lose and they'd be paid like a vets min because they contribute little on offense. Well, at least in Allen's case.
their teams would lose because they have a player or two who defends and can't shoot from deep consistently? I wouldn't be so sure. The NBA is constantly changing and all it takes is that one team to change the landscape.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Man, NBA can be tough on head coaches but we knew that. McMillan missing arguably his best player in the playoffs in Sabonis, it doesn’t matter. No Oladipo most of the year, it doesn’t matter. He gone.

Man, NBA can be tough on head coaches but we knew that. McMillan missing arguably his best player in the playoffs in Sabonis, it doesn’t matter. No Oladipo most of the year, it doesn’t matter. He gone.
Oladipo has looked like crap when he has been able to play, too. I can't tell whether that's due to injuries or due to him just not being as good as he seemed to be a year or two ago. Maybe a combination of the two.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so no coaching experience with any NBA franchise and the last I saw Steve was on the Bleacher Report reporting for the UEFA Champions League matches to head coach? He must of really impressed in the interview process.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
so no coaching experience with any NBA franchise and the last I saw Steve was on the Bleacher Report reporting for the UEFA Champions League matches to head coach? He must of really impressed in the interview process.
Hiring a popular ex-player with pretty much no experience whatsoever worked out great for us and Vlade! (also I’d be really wary of anyone on the Kerr coaching tree)

Maybe superstars will only accept superstars as their bosses. (I figured Jacque Vaughn would have been a shoe-in for the job)

I was a big fan of Nash as a player; but the greats don't always understand why they're great. It's frustrating when celebrity is mistaken for leadership.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jesus, someone gave Luka and Dame
Defensive Team votes. Also PJ Tucker got left off the team for Brook Lopez, who’s job is made incredibly easier by playing next to the Greek Freak and a whole bunch of really good perimeter defenders.

Jesus, someone gave Luka and Dame
Defensive Team votes. Also PJ Tucker got left off the team for Brook Lopez, who’s job is made incredibly easier by playing next to the Greek Freak and a whole bunch of really good perimeter defenders.
Lopez pic and roll defense alone should not allow him to make the team.
Lol I knew tucker would be left off

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Thunder must believe that we don't peep game; they think that they can just sneak Billy Donovan's dismissal in, under the cover of the Bucks getting eliminated.
Really reminds me of the Adelman dismissal. Considering what he was able to do with the increasingly disparate/weird rosters he was given, and track record, unless OKC has a guarantee from freaking Phil Jackson or something, there really seems to have been no good reason to get rid of him this season.

Really reminds me of the Adelman dismissal. Considering what he was able to do with the increasingly disparate/weird rosters he was given, and track record, unless OKC has a guarantee from freaking Phil Jackson or something, there really seems to have been no good reason to get rid of him this season.
Does it make you wonder if they are going to rebuild like totally scrap down?

Makes no sense a testing employee? And if the female is in the bubble why wouldn’t she be allowed in the room if she’s cleared
I guarantee they have a protocol in place and a testing area, neither which include a solo female going into a players room, lol.

I know I just chided someone for connecting dots on here, but I doubt she was there to see his coin collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.