[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Portland's season is about to take a nose dive towards the bottom of the Western Conference
You mean it already hasn't?

They screwed themselves in the offseason the second they panicked and got rid of all their role players to trade for Hassan Whiteside for some reason.

You mean it already hasn't?

They screwed themselves in the offseason the second they panicked and got rid of all their role players to trade for Hassan Whiteside for some reason.
I mean, did they really? They were on a fast track to nowhere and took a risk to improve. Will it pay off? **** knows, but it was worth a shot. Plenty of people here bent themselves over backwards to explain away our horrific start, but won't extend the same courtest to PTB. I have no invested interested in them, but the arrogant hypocrisy really bothers me. Double standards really annoy me. Let's see how the season actually plays out.

PS. On a side note: I'm happy for Melo, and I know it's an unpopular opinion. I was a kid (12 years old) when he came into the league, and I remember the Melo vs. LeBron debate within the first couple years. He's been way too vocal and a black hole, but I hope he's able to find a role and finish his career with dignity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Pels roster from last year and Derrick Favors and JJ Reddick just beat the Clips with Paul George (but no Kawhi, Shamet, or Beverly)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
A day later I am still struggling to come to terms with Carmelo here in Portland. Also that the team I saw two weeks ago blow a giant lead in the final 4 minutes is the real team.

Was watching the Grizz and Jazz game today. Ja is going to be better than Fox, isn’t he?
He's a superior talent by far he can do everything Fox can and has the shifty moves of Kyrie/Curry which Fox does not. He gets into the lane way easier my only concern for him is he's so fearless and somewhat wreckless (as in no regard for is body) attacking the rim. Fox is good but way more basic straight line player compared to Ja and Fox if he puts in effort can be a way better defender.

He's a superior talent by far he can do everything Fox can and has the shifty moves of Kyrie/Curry which Fox does not. He gets into the lane way easier my only concern for him is he's so fearless and somewhat wreckless (as in no regard for is body) attacking the rim. Fox is good but way more basic straight line player compared to Ja and Fox if he puts in effort can be a way better defender.
Ja reminds me so much of Kyrie. He’s so tight with his handle and can finish so well around the rim. He’s so good already.

Status
Not open for further replies.