[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nets resigning Dinwiddie to a 3 year extension. That's a shame....would have loved to pick him up as a backup PG.

Bulls already pulling Jabari Parker from their regular rotation. We sure did dodge a bullet there.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so should the Suns finish this game off and get the W, that would make it two wins against Dallas out of five. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how the Mavs have 15 wins and then I see that 13 of them came from playing at home 0_0

so should the Suns finish this game off and get the W, that would make it two wins against Dallas out of five. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how the Mavs have 15 wins and then I see that 13 of them came from playing at home 0_0
Yep. I mentioned the same thing a while back. They've been good at home and terrible on the road.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I remember quite a few on this board were in love with that guy heading into that draft. Still too early in his career to know anything for sure, but I've not been overly impressed to this point.
He's got the biggest learning curve out of the entire Mavericks roster.

Wes, Barnes, and DJ are all used to being the supplementary role player guy but DSJ has been the man his entire life and now has to adjust to being Jason Terry to Luka's Dirk. Part of the reason I completely understand Vlade passing on Luka now that I've seen Fox's game evolve.

He's got the biggest learning curve out of the entire Mavericks roster.

Wes, Barnes, and DJ are all used to being the supplementary role player guy but DSJ has been the man his entire life and now has to adjust to being Jason Terry to Luka's Dirk. Part of the reason I completely understand Vlade passing on Luka now that I've seen Fox's game evolve.
Na Fox is light years ahead of Smith, Braunson/Barea/Harris have no problem playing with Luka.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Na Fox is light years ahead of Smith, Braunson/Barea/Harris have no problem playing with Luka.
Because all three are used to being role players. Barrea and Harris have been bench guards in the Mavs system for years and Brunson played for Villanova for three years so he's pretty much already a role player extraordinaire. DSJ has been an alpha his entire life who has had the ball in his hands for his entire life be it in high school (which he missed a year of due to injury) or college, where he was pretty much the only NBA prospect level talent on his roster.

Between Brandon Knight and Dirk I'm not sure who looked worse in there debut, honestly Mavs are making a giant mistake giving Dirk any playing time over Maxie Kleiba who is the best defender the Mavs have, he leads the team in shot blocking and is excellent at switching, the guy if he can regain his stroke is going to get paid when his contract is up a 6'10 Plumlee type athlete with good instincts for the game I really like what I see from him on defense.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yep. I mentioned the same thing a while back. They've been good at home and terrible on the road.
I also saw that they currently are 28th in terms of strength of scheduling so I'd imagine once they hit that brutal stretch like the Kings have done in November and now are doing again in mid December and on will tell a lot about both teams in terms of playoff potential

Because all three are used to being role players. Barrea and Harris have been bench guards in the Mavs system for years and Brunson played for Villanova for three years so he's pretty much already a role player extraordinaire. DSJ has been an alpha his entire life who has had the ball in his hands for his entire life be it in high school (which he missed a year of due to injury) or college, where he was pretty much the only NBA prospect level talent on his roster.
DSJ is also a low IQ player that doesn’t help but reports are Luka/DSJ love each other so it will all depend on smith getting better.

I also saw that they currently are 28th in terms of strength of scheduling so I'd imagine once they hit that brutal stretch like the Kings have done in November and now are doing again in mid December and on will tell a lot about both teams in terms of playoff potential
One thing I always look at is road record. Dallas is the only team currently in playoff position in the West with a bad road record. If you look at those teams just out of the playoffs, Utah is sitting there with a .500 record on the road. History tells me that those two teams will likely switch places as the season continues.

It may be hyperbole but Lonzo has been really, really good defensively this year. I'm not sure how anyone could deny that.
Certainly debatable. But there is a difference between really good and ‘genius’. I don’t believe Lonzo is a better defender than Fox and I wouldn’t characterize De’Aaron as a defensive genius either.

Status
Not open for further replies.