[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
^ That's one of those trades where it doesn't make any of the three teams better...very strange trade
I guess Hill is more of your traditional 3-and-D guys plus he knows Bud's system from their time in San Antonio. Trading out of the draft is a bit much though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I guess Hill is more of your traditional 3-and-D guys plus he knows Bud's system from their time in San Antonio. Trading out of the draft is a bit much though.
I'll tell you what, Antetokuonmpo will have the opportunity to become an unrestricted free agent in 2021. So, if this was meant to be a 'win now' move, they'd better be right. Because, if Antetokuonmpo is feeling frustrated in 2021, and decides to leave, and then the Bucks don't have a draft pick that year... :eek:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think it gives them free agent wiggle room next year and the year after. And unless the team goes to crap, won't their pick be a mid-20s pick if he decides to leave? They probably don't have the danger of it turning out like it did for 2019. Still I'm looking forward to the Bucks GM is the dumbest GM ever takes if things do spiral.

Meanwhile in Philly it went from MVP Embiid to "stretch 5 I hate my role" in a bit of a hurry.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I think it gives them free agent wiggle room next year and the year after. And unless the team goes to crap, won't their pick be a mid-20s pick if he decides to leave?
The concern would be that a draft pick you trade now is an asset you don't have to trade later. And they appear to have wasted theirs on George Hill.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The concern would be that a draft pick you trade now is an asset you don't have to trade later. And they appear to have wasted theirs on George Hill.
Oh believe me I get it. But I think they were thinking George Hill this year and then they could someone next season with that money if they aren't a Finals team now. Of course they have to pay Middleton this summer so I'm not sure how that works out.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
They were thinking George Hill to do what, though? They've already got Bledsoe and Brogdon. Best case scenario is... what? Hill beats out Brogdon for the backup PG spot? Just in time for them to have to decide whether or not to offer Brogdon an extension?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the box score, John Wall with 1 point in 26 minutes of play versus the second worst team in the league huh???? -_-

dude12

Hall of Famer
The Chicago Bulls are imploding I’m so many ways. Organization says Hoiberg lost the team. Players say that’s not true. Players say GM chose this stretch to fire Hoiberg(reminds of Pete D firing Malone). New coach Boyle’s said he called a player meeting. Players say that isn’t so that they themselves called it. Players were texting each other debating whether to show up to practice or not and then d3cided to have player meeting. Boylen said coaches decided not to have practice and have player meeting.

Remember after Lavine signed and Chicago matched, he allegedly said thank you from saving me from having to go to Sacramento. If true.....LMFAO.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Suns having success with Jackson and Ayton sitting and a lineup of Melton, Bridges, and a bunch of vet role players.

Not a good look for their two highly rated prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.