MLB Thread - 2024

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Chapman inside the park homer

Long shot but if Chapman can get 3 more jacks for the season he would be the first Giant with a 30 homer season in 20 years(Bonds 04)

Yeah, Farhan needed to go. And I say this as a staunch Farhan stan pretty much his whole tenure. Just the whole "vibe" around this team has been off and it's been such a stark contrast to our glory year runs from 2010-2014.

Hopefully Posey got some good on the job training this past year. He did get Chapman to ink the deal, which is a +.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Farhan had plenty of time to get it turned around. I hope that Posey being an ex-player, and a smart one at that, will be able to make smart moves and deliver in ways that Farhan failed.

Needs:
a good platoon catcher to go with Bailey (Joey Bart would have, should have been the guy)
a new 1b with some power. Late night is not that.
upgrade at 2b. What the heck happened with Thairo?
Is Fitzgerald your SS or do you push him to a super-utility role
Jung Hoo Lee back healthy is a must to go with Heliot. Need upgrade over Yaz and Conforto
Can Buster talk Snell into resigning here?

Theres work to be done

What an epic fail by the brewers. 9th inning, up 2-0 with one out and one guy on. You give up another hit and then a home run off your all star closer. Omg……the heartbreak of playoff baseball!

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
What an epic fail by the brewers. 9th inning, up 2-0 with one out and one guy on. You give up another hit and then a home run off your all star closer. Omg……the heartbreak of playoff baseball!
Williams had been fairly untouchable in his injury shortened year, certainly wasn’t expecting a home run which he doesn’t give up very often.

Playoff baseball is awesome. Now I want to see the Dodgers go down

dude12

Hall of Famer
Saw a tweet, I think, saying Posey was going to reach out to Sabean to fill a position. Not sure if there is any validity to this but I’d be good with this. After all, Sabean was at control during the glory years

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

A’s are about to develop their own Ohtani in Sacramento! (In all seriousness, the kid is nowhere near Ohtani was at his age but still cool nonetheless)
It's cool to see a Japanese HS player willing to come over to MLB and develop in the minor league system instead of going to usual posting route. Ohtani signing a $700 million contract last year may have had something to do with this. He's got a long road to the majors ahead of him but the A's currently have a hole at 3B and need more left-handed hitters (and you can never have enough good pitchers) so there's certainly going to be a pathway for him if he excels. I'll be rooting for him.