MLB post-season

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not really much of a baseball fan, but I had to mention the travesty of what happened in LA tonight. For those who haven't heard, Ruben Tejada of the Mets was carted off the field in Dodgers stadium with a broken leg after a vicious intentional take-down slide by Chase Utley.

That's about as intentional a dirty play as I've seen in baseball in a long time.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I saw that as it happened live....I didn't make much of it at the time. Didn't realize the injury was as severe as a broken leg. Go Cardinals!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I remember a few years ago, someone posted something to the effect that the Cubs had a better chance of winning the pennant than the Kings had of ever getting a new arena...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If the Cubs make it to the World Series, the BTTF references will be amazing.

Well, Blue Jays won, Royals won, Fever lost. Guess I'll have to live with two out of three.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Blue Jays and Cubs this far into the postseason? gotta love the MLB parity. No Yankees, Red Sox, Giants...something different is nice for once.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
what a unbelievable come back by KC. They were down all game long and their perseverance through out the post season has been nothing short of great. Good for them. They were due for a championship.

I remember a few years ago, someone posted something to the effect that the Cubs had a better chance of winning the pennant than the Kings had of ever getting a new arena...
Well lets see now . I just saw Sir Paul (my FIRST Concert with any of the Beatles) , at the FIRST time in our brand New arena, and Monday I go to SF to watch my beloved Cubs play game 3 of the NLDS where I hopefully see them win a playoff game in SF for the First time since I
First started watching the Cubs in early 60's as a kid, watching the Miricle Mets dash my hopes in 1969. My best friend Bill (SF Fan) go every year to a Cubs/SF Game and we were at two games of the 1989 NLCS where SF dashed my hopes then in SF.

Game one was won by cubs tonight. It is starting!!!

The Stars are all aligned!! This is the Year ! My Cubs might Win their FIRST Word Series since 1908!!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well lets see now . I just saw Sir Paul (my FIRST Concert with any of the Beatles) , at the FIRST time in our brand New arena, and Monday I go to SF to watch my beloved Cubs play game 3 of the NLDS where I hopefully see them win a playoff game in SF for the First time since I
First started watching the Cubs in early 60's as a kid, watching the Miricle Mets dash my hopes in 1969. My best friend Bill (SF Fan) go every year to a Cubs/SF Game and we were at two games of the 1989 NLCS where SF dashed my hopes then in SF.

Game one was won by cubs tonight. It is starting!!!

The Stars are all aligned!! This is the Year ! My Cubs might Win their FIRST Word Series since 1908!!
I've never been a real baseball fan, but I'm all in on the Cubs. I just need them to get one, while my dad's still alive: Pops was born and raised in Chicago. He was only three years old the last time the Cubs won the pennant: he's been waiting his whole life for just one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cubs about to put it away and take a 2-0 lead here...they are stacked, my goodness. Nationals need to wake up. I'm still waiting for the Rangers to show up versus the Blue Jays.

Woot Woot!!! that's 2 baby

OMG Bum vs Arrieta, an Elimination Game

It just doesn't get any better than that

Got good lower level seats, heading to the city monday, hopefully on 2pm Ferry from Vallejo

will be there real early , but that's ok

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can't shake the feeling that the cosmos is finally aligned to honor the loyalty of Cubs fans, much like it finally allowed Kings fans to live long enough to see the new arena.

Giants fan here...tough way for the season to end with that colossal choke, but fitting with all the BP problems we had all year. Javy Lopez in probably his last major league appearance walked the only batter he faced in the ninth...unfortunate way to go out. Romo and Casilla are probably finished in a Giants uniform.

Looks like the Cubs are going to do it this year. I think they have a really clear path with the remaining teams...Cleveland would be dangerous if their rotation was healthy.

My Cleveland Indians are fighting against all odds and are one win away from the ALCS. Go Tribe!
I don't know if they're fighting against all odds. They were great all year, and even with recent injuries, still have a great offense and seem to have a great bullpen.

I could see any of the remaining teams winning the WS, except for the Nationals.

Crap...another Dusty team comes up short in the postseason. Come on Cubs, you better not lose to the Dodgers...I'll never hear the end of it (my wife's family and friends are all from LA and they're already talking ish like they just won the WS.)

Was hard to see Cubs go 13 innings just to loose at Midnight, didn't get home til 3 am
But was awesome to watch that 4 run inning on TV on Tuesday

I hope they really kick some Dodger butt and go on to win the big one!!!!
They have 3 great starters and an ace closer

They are so ready to do this!!

Gooo Cubbies

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Color me surprised that the Indians are one game from the World Series, I'd love to see Chicago vs Cleveland in the World Series with the Cubs winning it.