Maurice Evans Watch

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
Well, of course he'll see 15-20 minutes a game. He should be able to see the WHOLE game. He has a pretty good view from the bench.

I actually hate that view -- no idea why people dish out so much money to sit on the floor and get the same view I can get going down to the park waiting to get into a game. Bounce me up a dozen rows or so so I can actually see what the hell is going on ont he far side of the court please! ;)

VF21 said:
Well, of course he'll see 15-20 minutes a game. He should be able to see the WHOLE game. He has a pretty good view from the bench.
Well, technically, he has a view from a couple of rows behind the bench.

But, he's tall. I'm sure he can see over everyone.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Had to look up that reference, having no idea what you were talking about. If these indeed are the lyrics, two thoughts:

a) we just drafted an alcoholic
b) these guys could really have used a little help with the lyrics because they apparently ran out of new ideas after eight lines. ;)

Cisco Kid
War

[Written by Howard Scott, B B Dickerson, Lonnie Jordan]
[Harold Brown, Papa Dee Allen]
[Charles Miller and Lee Oskar]

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine

We met down on the fort of Rio Grande
We met down on the fort of Rio Grande
Eat the salted peanuts out of can
Eat the salted peanuts out the can

The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
Cisco came in blastin', drinkin' port
Cisco came in blastin', drinkin' port

They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
Chased the gringo last night through a field
Chased the gringo last night through a field

The Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One of my favorite shows growing up as a kid was The Cisco Kid...

"Oh, Cisco!"

"Oh, Poncho!"

(They both laugh, get on their trusty steeds - Cisco rode a beautiful black and white paint stallion and Ponco rode a palamino - and ride into the sunset.)

Duncan Renaldo and Leo Carrillo as The Cisco Kid and Poncho.

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/cisco-kid.htm

Last edited:
VF21 said:
It might be nice to actually see how Garcia plays before simply handing him the starting job.

;)

Seriously, having Bibby, Bobby, Evans, Martin and Garcia on the roster wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. It'd be nice to have more than one backup per position for a change.
Couldnt agree more, that isnt a bad guard rotation at all, in my estimation, I see Garcia actually developing quite well in his first season, Mo will fit in nicely with the other 3. Give him $2 Million or something...I cant imagine he'll be asking for much more than that...but who knows.

bibby, bobby, evans, martin and garcia is a nice guard rotation, if i was adelman though I would have evans start at the 2 while martin or garcia came off the bench, not to mention there both big enough to play the 3, and like VF21 said, you need more than just one reserve, i mean this is the sacramento kings you never know when a freak injury is going to happen right before the playoffs. Anyways thats a nice guard lineup, but what about house? whats his contract situation?

Entity

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:

"Oh, Cisco!"

"Oh, Poncho!"

(They both laugh, get on their trusty steeds - Cisco rode a beautiful black and white paint stallion and Ponco rode a palamino - and ride into the sunset.)

You sooo just gave away your age. you watched it growing up as a kid and the website you posted said Fifitesweb.com

Can your heart take another Kings Season????

Omaha-King7275 said:
ha, yeah thats true, at least with a 14 man roster maybe we'll be a little more prepared
As far as I know, the teams are still only allowed to have 12 players on the active roster, but instead of having the injured list, they have the active and inactive. Therefore a team can have 12 active and 3 inactive. Does that sound right?

Omaha-King7275 said:
yeah that sounds about right, but do you know anything about eddie house' contract situation?, i havent heard much about him this offseason.
as far as I know he's an unrestricted free agent. I haven't heard any news as to whether or not the kings have made him an offer. He was picked up on waivers just for this season when bobby was injured. He played very well though, especially at the end.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Entity said:
You sooo just gave away your age. you watched it growing up as a kid and the website you posted said Fifitesweb.com
What? You thought I'd been kidding all this time when I made comments about being old? Actually people who have been paying attention the whole time have had enough information to pinpoint my age within about a week.

;)

Can your heart take another Kings Season????
Not if it's like the one that just passed. I think the Kings owe it to me - since I'm so old and all - to have a superlative season without all the drama, etc. I'm not saying they have to win the Championship - although that would be nice. I just want to see the type of GOOD Kings basketball we've gotten used to the last few years.

VF21 said:
Not if it's like the one that just passed. I think the Kings owe it to me - since I'm so old and all - to have a superlative season without all the drama, etc. I'm not saying they have to win the Championship - although that would be nice. I just want to see the type of GOOD Kings basketball we've gotten used to the last few years.
MAY YOUR WISH BE GRANTED!!:D Afterall, we do not want to put any more strain on your heart.;)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
SDKing said:
As far as I know, the teams are still only allowed to have 12 players on the active roster, but instead of having the injured list, they have the active and inactive. Therefore a team can have 12 active and 3 inactive. Does that sound right?
Yes, but I think the 5 game minimum was removed to allow players to move off and on the list quickly. Theoretically, it would allow you to better be able to "mix-n-match" players each night (provided they aren't truly injured).

I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got from whatever it was I read....

VF21 said:

"Oh, Cisco!"

"Oh, Poncho!"

I'd rather see the horses, I love palominos:)
so what are you now VF, 93?;) :: runs to hide from the poof dust::
just kidding, you know I love you:D

Warhawk

Staff member
Andriod_KiNg said:
I think we should let him go, like some others, i believe Garcia/Martin will be great at the 2 , no matter who starts..
NO! If nothing else (if he gets some good offers) do a sign and trade and package others to get a big man. I say keep him, but if he is going to leave, let's get something in return....

Warhawk said:
NO! If nothing else (if he gets some good offers) do a sign and trade and package others to get a big man. I say keep him, but if he is going to leave, let's get something in return....
Thats out of our hands though.

If Mo wants to go to a certain team then there isn't a hell of a lot we could do about it. If the team he wants to go to is willing to spend part of their MLE on him then we can't do anything apart from matching that offer and Mo remains a King.

I doubt we are in position to ask for a sign and trade when Mo is a FA and can go anywhere he likes because he is unlikely to command the entire MLE and we obviously have a price in mind for him. If he gets a better offer that we are not willing to match, Mo can just walk.

The Cisco Kid was one of my favorites also. Leo Carillo used to ride in the Rose Parade every year on a beautiful horse with a silver saddle. He wore all that traditional Mexican stuff. Very cool, indeed.

Hey, Cisco. Hey, Pancho.

Hoppy was very cool also.

Warhawk

Staff member
Čarolija said:
Thats out of our hands though.

If Mo wants to go to a certain team then there isn't a hell of a lot we could do about it. If the team he wants to go to is willing to spend part of their MLE on him then we can't do anything apart from matching that offer and Mo remains a King.

I doubt we are in position to ask for a sign and trade when Mo is a FA and can go anywhere he likes because he is unlikely to command the entire MLE and we obviously have a price in mind for him. If he gets a better offer that we are not willing to match, Mo can just walk.
I understand that, but at least make the effort to resign him - if we do not want him later he is always another athletic body to swap. Obviously, if someone offers a rediculous sum, let him go.