Luka Doncic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really get excited if I let my mind go wild with Doncic added to our current core. I can't say at this point he would be the best choice, then again, none of us can.

I see and understand a lot of criticism that he is nonathletic. It may seem odd to some, but I believe a lot of athleticism is derived or hindered by the brain. What I mean is, a physically athletic player may not live up to his full potential if his thought process is a step slow. In contrast, a less physically gifted athlete might make up a lot of ground by simply processing the game a step faster than their peers. I know others have alluded to this, citing examples such as Bird, Ginobili,etc. Luka has an athletic mind to go with his physical presence.

I have my eye and hopes attached to several prospects, and I am not as gifted or in a position to analyze prospects as well as some of our posters.

This young man is just tantalizing and more so for our current situation and roster make up.

Last edited:
He injured the back of his thigh few days ago, and expected to miss 2-3 weeks of action. He will be ready for Euroleague Play-offs , the most important games of the season.

In the last few weeks, he is not putting crazy stats like at the begining of the season, but he is playing consistently good. Average stats so far in the Euroleague: 25 minutes, 17 points (about 48% FG, 33 3pt%), 4.5 assists, 5 rebounds, 1.2 steals, 2.2 turnovers and the highest index raiting in the Euroleague.

His biggest challenge of the season are Euroleague Playoffs, top 8. Real Madrid is , despite a lot of injuries, one of the best teams in the Euroleague, and we will see if Doncic can lead them to final 4 or maybe further.

Ok, I'm sorry but I think he's gone, unless we'll be very lucky.
Checking nbadraft.net I realize there are four better prospects than him... I'm not sure there are four better players than him in the world right now.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Serious questions here:
1. How sure are people that Donic WILL play in the NBA and not decide he prefers to rule in Europe like Dejan Bodroga?
2. Any chance he will wait things out in Europe for a few years in order to sign a much larger rookie deal like Bogdon Bodonivic?
just wondering if there may be some other factors at play with his rights in terms of draft position/value.

Serious questions here:
1. How sure are people that Donic WILL play in the NBA and not decide he prefers to rule in Europe like Dejan Bodroga?
2. Any chance he will wait things out in Europe for a few years in order to sign a much larger rookie deal like Bogdon Bodonivic?
just wondering if there may be some other factors at play with his rights in terms of draft position/value.
He's basically conquered Europe as a 19 year old. Its onto bigger and better things for him on a truely worldwide scale so i dont believe he will wait it out in Europe.

He knows the NBA is also the next place for him from a developmental perspective. It is the best league in the world and he has done all he can in Europe

His level is NBA. I can't think of any names from Europe that were projected in the top 15 on the draft and then stayed in Europe. Europe didn't have a talent like Doncic, so im pretty confident that he will come to NBA next season.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
He's a top 3 pick. Somebody will probably talk themselves into Ayton or Bagley at the top of the draft. Trae Young is in the conversation because of his shooting proficiency. I haven't really talked about Porter because I have nothing to go on besides High School. He didn't look sharp in his few games back but he's returning from injury so that's understandable. I can't see Doncic falling lower than 3 though, regardless of who is picking. And I'm getting more and more confident in putting him at the top of my draft board. Nobody else in this draft can create offense like Doncic can right now. I'm okay with drafting Jackson or Bamba or Mikal Bridges or Wendell Carter or Miles Bridges. And where we're projected to pick right now, we should be happy with any of them. But Doncic is going to impact a team more than anyone else in this draft. I think he's a league MVP candidate in 5 years, if not sooner. That step back jumper looks unguardable.

Euroleague Play-offs (top 8) started few days ago. Awful first game for Real Madrid on the road against Panathanaikos (95-67 for Pao), and weak game for Doncic: 10 points (2/4 fg), 2 turnovers , 1 rebound for 21 minute. Doncic needs to step up in next few games, otherwise, they don't have a chance. Series are up to 3 wins....

Euroleague Play-offs (top 8) started few days ago. Awful first game for Real Madrid on the road against Panathanaikos (95-67 for Pao), and weak game for Doncic: 10 points (2/4 fg), 2 turnovers , 1 rebound for 21 minute. Doncic needs to step up in next few games, otherwise, they don't have a chance. Series are up to 3 wins....
Hey, maybe if he keeps playing poorly, he'll slip to us on draft night! One can hope!

Declared so its official.

Vlade will look to trade up for him. I expect him to shop our pick and fox in a bid to land Luka
I support this message!!

Trade up with Pheonix Fox/WCS/7
For Doncic/16

I can dig a Bogdan-Buddy-Doncic lineup grave Randle in free agency and we have 3 playmakers starting

You know, I honestly don't know where people come up with crazy ideas like this. Fox isn't going anywhere. The Kings didn't just use an entire year to develop him to then just throw him in as filler in a trade.
You do what you can to get a franchise player just like in football you trade everything for that elusive qb

You know, I honestly don't know where people come up with crazy ideas like this. Fox isn't going anywhere. The Kings didn't just use an entire year to develop him to then just throw him in as filler in a trade.
An asset is an asset. I am a huge Fox fan but Doncic is legitimate

Our first and assets are tradeable for Doncic, be it Buddy, Mason, Skal, Fox, etc

More then happy for Vlade to explore and he should

Perhaps, but what if they have seen enough of Fox to think he's not going to become an all star and will merely be a decent player, whereas they believe that Doncic can be special, surely if that is the case it makes sense to do a deal?

I'd tend to agree that Fox isn't going anywhere, but in our position if he's not considered a future star, then he's available just like anyone else in the pursuit of a draftee that can be a future star.

Real Madrid took 2-1 lead against Panathanaikos, 1 win away from Euroleague final 4.
Stats in game 2: 8 points (8/8 ft), 5 rebounds, 4 assists and a clutch hustle, for 26 minutes.
Stats in game 3: 7 points (3/12 fg), 10 rebounds, 3 assists for 28 minutes.

He is solid, but not that dominant like he used to be before an injury... Hope we will see the best from Luka at f4, if his team makes it to f4.
Great dunk yesterday though....

In his defense he may be referring to what a terrible GM Vlade is

Status
Not open for further replies.