Let's Decide on THE Big.

Nazr Mohammed anyone? He's an unrestricted FA this summer. Obviously, behind Duncan he's not getting much PT (16MPG). Prior to joining the Spurs, he was averaging 10.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1 BPG, 1 SPG, 50.9 FG% in just 28.1 minutes per game.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
KingKong said:
Nazr Mohammed anyone? He's an unrestricted FA this summer. Obviously, behind Duncan he's not getting much PT (16MPG). Prior to joining the Spurs, he was averaging 10.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1 BPG, 1 SPG, 50.9 FG% in just 28.1 minutes per game.
Thing is, before this season you would have said one of the things he did NOT do was block shots and clog the middle. And so I would have said "no". But now all of a sudden he is doing it for the Spurs and now...not sure. Still not the sort of impact guy we need to anchor us. But a quality big guy who could help some maybe.

I kind of feel like Nazr and Pryzbilla are guys who are going to command some money in the offseason, which is going to dampen the market for some of the lesser -- but promising -- bigs that are going to also be available, like Kasun, Mbegna and Jackie Butler. I'm hoping Petrie can find a "Pollard-esque" steal, possibly even with the LLE.

Otherwise, Bonzi for Nene double sign and trade is my current crackpot dream.

Bricklayer said:
Thing is, before this season you would have said one of the things he did NOT do was block shots and clog the middle. And so I would have said "no". But now all of a sudden he is doing it for the Spurs and now...not sure. Still not the sort of impact guy we need to anchor us. But a quality big guy who could help some maybe.
Agreed.

LPKingsFan said:
What can a Bonzi/SAR package net? That's what I'm thinking right now.
It's really tough to see a team parting with anything very spectacular for two 30 year old players with five year deals, even if they come cheaply.

I think SAR/Corliss is actually more realistic/appealing because SAR is cheap and Corliss has an expiring deal.

nbrans said:
I kind of feel like Nazr and Pryzbilla are guys who are going to command some money in the offseason, which is going to dampen the market for some of the lesser -- but promising -- bigs that are going to also be available, like Kasun, Mbegna and Jackie Butler. I'm hoping Petrie can find a "Pollard-esque" steal, possibly even with the LLE.

Otherwise, Bonzi for Nene double sign and trade is my current crackpot dream.
Mbengna is very interesting to me. When the Mavs picked him up I was like "Who the heck is this guy", he is big athletic, blocks shots, and from watching him in garbage time a little bit this season he has really improved in all aspects of his game. Still a project but very intriguing. Cuban won't let him go though.

nbrans said:
It's really tough to see a team parting with anything very spectacular for two 30 year old players with five year deals, even if they come cheaply.

I think SAR/Corliss is actually more realistic/appealing because SAR is cheap and Corliss has an expiring deal.
ya.. SAR is very appealing to a young club. A Vet with skills. I dont see SAR fitting into our long term plans tho. He is to small and doesnt rebound. id like to get joel pryz but he is not athletic at all is he?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I just decided I want to get Eddie Griffin.

The guy can rebound and block shots with the better of them...

2.2 blocks and 5.8 rebounds in only 19 minutes per game! And he can play offense!...Well not this year, but he has proven he has ability to shoot the ball.

Another one, Desagana Diop...But I doubt Dallas will want to get rid of him, and with his vast array of offensive moves (sarcasm), he would never fit our plans.

I agree with trading SAR...I like Thomas with this team better...He is a double-double man who perfectly compliments the team, and is a key *gasp* role-player. IMO.

Indeed! I've wanted Griffin since 2004. ;)

His numbers would be even better had he not been out of Casey's rotation since mid-January w/ the Boston trade. Yeah, has lost his jump shot this season, but that'll be back and wouldn't matter too much with us anyways.

Mike Bibby
Bonzi/Kevin Martin
Ron Artest
Eddie Griffin (or KT or SAR)
Brad Miller

Along with a couple other additions (draft pick, new back-up PG??) and our bench - I'd be loving it.

Last edited:
wel i would love to get nene. but he will want alot of money. griffin looks great and i think that mini would want sar. they could move kg to center and put sar at pf. i like it. is griffin really going to take care of the inside D?

can someone tell me when the offseason dealine for contracts is? like when does bonzi's contract expire and not tradeable... im guessing we cant trade him anymore.... so his contract can be pakaged can it? if it can i want to use him and whatever to get nene. but i dunno if denver would want anotehr sg ya know? i love him... but unless he wants to stay for not alot of money...

Griffin is a legit shot-blocker and rebounder, and athletic. Pretty sure he's not bad defending in the post, either. We also could still have Potapenko, who is a good post defender.

The only way we'd move Bonzi is by signing and trading him.

The trade deadline for this year was 2/23. I'd be down for a Bonzi sign and trade. I like Bonzi, a lot, but KMart is future and we need a good PF/C really bad so I could see trading him for someone good packaged up with someone else. While KT is undersized, he is a very aggressive rebounder and tenacious. I like him with Ron, Cisco, KMart plus his contract is pretty scary for other teams to take on. He gets a double/double almost every night starting for us so let's keep him and this current rotation. We are doing something right since we are winning, let's keep it rolling.

M

MrBiggs

I'm wandering if Kendrick Perkins or Al Jefferson will be on the block this Summer. As good as Ryan Gomes has been playing, one of them should go.

If the Celts won't give up one of those two, I'd like Ryan Gomes's rebounding tenacity off of the bench behind SAR.

Kendrick Perkins at half: 8 pts, 10 boards, 3 blk. Against the Bulls or not, he's been impressive.

edit: Finished with 8 pts, 14 boards, 5 blk.

Chandler continued his good form since late-January, getting 10 pts, 11 boards, 4 blk. 2 of his 4 being on Pierce drives in the 4th qtr, the last being in the final seconds with Pierce trying to tie. Which was an amazing block.

Last edited:
haven't heard what Noah has said yet after winning the championship, but before that he didn't want to come out at all. Which was said a number of times (can see that in the draft thread in the nba forum), doubt we'd be able to select him with where he's projected and where our slot to pick is.

M

MrBiggs

Kings113 said:
haven't heard what Noah has said yet after winning the championship, but before that he didn't want to come out at all. Which was said a number of times (can see that in the draft thread in the nba forum), doubt we'd be able to select him with where he's projected and where our slot to pick is.
He had a great tournament but there's a high chance that he bombs during Chicago evaluations. There's a lot of things that he does at the college level that he couldn't do at the nba level, yet. He would still be a project for whatever team takes him. If he doesnt do so well in Evaluations, I could see him slipping to the mid-late teens in the draft. Which would put us right at the perfect spot for the taking.

I realize that, and could be similar. But it certainly isn't unecessary not to add some mass on. As Noah is ignoring advice about adding on some bulk. Like all those guys have added to their bodies. Noah also isn't as athletic as those guys were/are, which has gotten them by and being effective, and could be different for Noah if he doesn't add a bunch of weight.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
I realize that, and could be similar. But it certainly isn't unecessary not to add some mass on. As Noah is ignoring advice about adding on some bulk. Like all those guys have added to their bodies. Noah also isn't as athletic as those guys were/are, which has gotten them by and being effective, and could be different for Noah if he doesn't add a bunch of weight.
Noah was 210lbs before this season so it's not like he doesn't want to bulk up. He just has narrow shoulders, kinda like Kevin so his frame will fill out at 235-240lbs and this additional 10-15lbs easily can be gained in a couple of months. Of course he could use strength trainer but it's not like he's severe undersized. And he's very athletic whether you speak of length, jumping or quickness. He doesn't have leaping ability of Thomas but he elevates very quickly and with the same wingspan he has 2 inches on Tyrus in standing reach.