lakers @ Kings Game Thread

I hate lakers so much that

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though our frontcourt was DOMINATED by the Lakers, it was Beno was lost this game for us. He had a great assist numbers, but he had a few open 3's that just didn't go down. Whenever Beno has a good game, the Kings usually win.

Well, no one really had a good game for the Kings. Even 'Reke's near triple double was very un-Reke like, as far as the scoring goes. If someone from the Kings could have found a hot hand they woulld have had a chance to win.

Sucks. :mad:

....and the funny thing is that he scored 25 points tonight. I think we are getting very spoiled. I'm so excited for this guys future!

Even though our frontcourt was DOMINATED by the Lakers, it was Beno was lost this game for us. He had a great assist numbers, but he had a few open 3's that just didn't go down. Whenever Beno has a good game, the Kings usually win.
I expected more from Beno tonight. I agree, he has a decent scoring game and this would have been down to the wire like the rest.

....and the funny thing is that he scored 25 points tonight. I think we are getting very spoiled. I'm so excited for this guys future!
Oh definitely. This kid nearly nabs a triple double but its sort of ho-hum. He has set the bar so high. I hate to give Grant and Jerry any credit, but its true what they, along with Gary Gerould and other members of the Kings organization say, every game he does something new that just leaves you speechless. I feel confident in saying this, when its all said and done (if everything goes according to plan) he may very well be the best player to ever wear a Kings uniform.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Who's hating who? Did I miss something or are you seeing in to the future? :rolleyes:
So, you're pretending that the criticism of Thompson that's been going on in this thread didn't happen, are you? Is that the stance you're rolling with?

And Andre87, we are sooo not on the same side; take your "stat padding" nonsense somewhere else.

Oh definitely. This kids nearly nabs a triple double but its sort of ho-hum. He has set the bar so high. I hate to give Grant and Jerry any credit, but its true what they, along with Gary Gerould and other members of the Kings organization say, every game is does something new that just leaves you speechless. When its all said and done (if everything goes according to plan) he may very well be the best players to ever wear a Kings uniform.

I'm going to have to agree with you there, and I really love and respect some of the Kings players we have had over the years.

So, you're pretending that the criticism of Thompson that's been going on in this thread didn't happen, are you? Is that the stance you're rolling with?

And Andre87, we are sooo not on the same side; take your "stat padding" nonsense somewhere else.
I see a few of the usual comments about JT. I guess I'm just numb to them. :eek:

If he gets the triple double he gets it, if he doesn't get it he doesn't get it. I hope most of you guys are just joking. It doesn't really matter.. I mean obviously we want our guys to hit there shots, but as far as getting the triple double specifically it's not a big deal to me.. And Grant on triple double watch for the entire game gets old.

Sure, I wish we had players that could hit his kick outs.. I actually think we do, we just shot terribly from three tonight.. It happens.

some quick observations about this game:

1. Lakers frontcourt really exposed our frontcourt this game. Too big too long. Kings can't hang with the lakers with the current front court. It would have been nice to have Brockman to muscle out Gausol and Bynum.

2. Young kings team was showing signs of nerves in a big game... lots of wide open missed shots and even air balls/bad misses.

3. Tyreke's defense on Kobe was excellent.

Last edited:
some quick observations about this game:

2. Young kings team was showing signs of nerves in a big game... lots of wide open missed shots and even air balls/bad misses.
Not really, I've seen them do that in plenty of games :p

Like I said in another post, no one really had what would be considered a "good" or "solid" game. The Kings were missing a lot of wide open shots the whole game, something they do a lot of, hence posters discontent with Tyreke's lack of assists.

Anyone watch Westpaul's postgame interview? I think it was Jason "I'm a Lakers fans" Jones who fired off the first question.

Jones: Can you comment on Ron Artest playing Tyreke?
Westpaul: I'm not sure what exactly you want me to comment on.
Jones: with regards Artest's defense on Tyreke. He didn't stop Tyreke but was definitely able to contain him.
Westpaul: Well, Tyreke missed a few layups that he normally would have made. Let me see, Tyreke has 24 pts, 11 rebs, and 9 assists this game. If that's what you call containing Tyreke, we'll take that every night. (flashes a "period" look at Jones)

The Bee needs to find another beat writer...

Anyone watch Westpaul's postgame interview? I think it was Jason "I'm a Lakers fans" Jones who fired off the first question.

Jones: with regards Artest's defense on Tyreke. He didn't stop Tyreke but was definitely able to contain him.
Westpaul: Well, Tyreke missed a few layups that he normally would have made. Let me see, Tyreke has 24 pts, 11 rebs, and 9 assists this game. If that's what you call containing Tyreke, we'll take that every night. (flashes a "period" look at Jones)

i challenge jason jones to a POGs battle! bring it on mofo!!

I guess the Bee feels it can up it's circulation by expanding to the LA market. :rolleyes::p:mad:

I was a little annoyed with the "push" for Reke to get the triple double. You almost wonder if Kobe made those mistakes at the end on purpose, to feed the media what it wants.

25,11,10 vs 25,11,9 is what, 3% better? Yet people hang on the buzz "triple double" Even Grant made a few comments towards the end that the only real goal left was to get Tyreke the triple double.

So... many people watching sports center tonight will not be as impressed with Tyreke/the Kings as they would be if he had the triple double, but anyone who knows anything about the game has got to be blind not to see Tyreke as the clear choice for ROY at this point.

Tyreke may not have the "ceiling" of potential of recent superstars (Jordan, Bryant, James etc.) but what he does as a 20 year old rookie... with his overall game, (defense a big factor) and maturity... Im not sure Ive ever seen that ever, period.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was a little annoyed with the "push" for Reke to get the triple double. You almost wonder if Kobe made those mistakes at the end on purpose, to feed the media what it wants.

25,11,10 vs 25,11,9 is what, 3% better? Yet people hang on the buzz "triple double" Even Grant made a few comments towards the end that the only real goal left was to get Tyreke the triple double.

So... many people watching sports center tonight will not be as impressed with Tyreke/the Kings as they would be if he had the triple double, but anyone who knows anything about the game has got to be blind not to see Tyreke as the clear choice for ROY at this point.

Tyreke may not have the "ceiling" of potential of recent superstars (Jordan, Bryant, James etc.) but what he does as a 20 year old rookie... with his overall game, (defense a big factor) and maturity... Im not sure Ive ever seen that ever, period.
If that's not his ceiling, what is?

If that's not his ceiling, what is?
Hey Im personally not a doubter, Reke is the most exciting thing to come to the Kings franchise in ALONG time. I guess I should have worded it as "maximum potential"

Hey may not have this, but as you suggest.. very well may INDEED have it.

If you asked people to put money on Tyreke being as good or better than the above said players, they probably wouldnt take you up on it.

But ask them to name someone who in their ~20 years of age rookie year who had a better all around game with the same maturity level... that would be a short list indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.