[Game] Kings @ Wizards, 2/12/2022, 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our remaining schedule is brutal. Most opponents are playoff teams. 2 games against Pels would be decisive.
According to tankathon, we're ranked 8th in remaining strength of schedule. But it could be worse. The Clippers are ranked 6th, New Orleans is ranked 4th, and the Lakers are ranked 1st. On the other hand, San Antonio is ranked 17th and Portland is ranked 26th.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
According to tankathon, we're ranked 8th in remaining strength of schedule. But it could be worse. The Clippers are ranked 6th, New Orleans is ranked 4th, and the Lakers are ranked 1st. On the other hand, San Antonio is ranked 17th and Portland is ranked 26th.
I'm thinking the Blazers and Spurs are eventually going to initiate a tank soon though. The Blazers looked awful for most of their game but were playing the Knicks, who are very bad right now.

Good lord, De’Aaron just posted up Ish like it was a mismatch.
Fox taking on Sabonis' passing style/personality from that elbow-extended area damn near brought tears to my eyes. It's like Sabonis brought an entire offensive system with him and everyone immediately adapted, with Fox having the most fun he's had since college and maybe his rookie year. Our defense needs more work but there were so many BEAUTIFUL moments out there tonight.

Fox taking on Sabonis' passing style/personality from that elbow-extended area damn near brought tears to my eyes. It's like Sabonis brought an entire offensive system with him and everyone immediately adapted, with Fox having the most fun he's had since college and maybe his rookie year. Our defense needs more work but there were so many BEAUTIFUL moments out there tonight.
It's a little wild that after only two post-deadline games, there's so much obvious promise. I've been a pretty big booster of the Haliburton-Sabonis trade, but even I have had serious reservations about the Fox/Sabonis pairing. It's encouraging to see so early how it might work out.

I don't wanna get carried away, but this was the first time in years where it felt a bit like the good ole days, knowing you were simply too talented to lose a game like this. It's been years since i've felt sure about a victory like tonight, especially once we recovered before halftime.
Yep.After Kuzma hit back to back ridiculous shots to put them up by 13 i kind of felt confident that as soon as this crap stops they will take over

The first time for 15 season that for 2 games in a row the team had an actual offense rather than trying to rely on iso and one on one crap. I don't get why people say Sabonis is a bad defender the only times he has trouble is when more athletic guys simply jump over him on jumpers other than that he uses his strength to keep players away and moves his feet well and hustles and competes on every possession to me he's a better defender than Holmes who can't keep stronger players away from the basket.

Over the last 2 games Barnes scored 51 points on 15/20 shooting
not trying to jump the gun but do we got at the very least a Big 2.5/3 with Barnes?

Barnes seems to have a natural chemistry with Sabonis and if this efficiency keeps up, this team ain’t a “get right” game for opposing teams anymore

the thing is Domas isn’t having spectacular games or anything. His numbers are pretty much exactly what his season average is on the year.
DS almost never looks for his shot.He will probably will never average more that 21-22 points because he only tries to score when all other options on a possession are not available.Or when he has a much smaller body on him in the post.There was a play today when he had a layup but gave it to Mo for an even easier layup.

DS almost never looks for his shot.He will probably will never average more that 21-22 points because he only tries to score when all other options on a possession are not available.Or when he has a much smaller body on him in the post.There was a play today when he had a layup but gave it to Mo for an even easier layup.
Works for me. sharing the ball keeps you engaged and focused. Everybody was ready to get the ball in the 2nd half once they settled down

not trying to jump the gun but do we got at the very least a Big 2.5/3 with Barnes?

Barnes seems to have a natural chemistry with Sabonis and if this efficiency keeps up, this team ain’t a “get right” game for opposing teams anymore
Since neither DS or Dearon are superstars i think HB can easily be considered a part of big 3 for Kings.He is a very very good player that was kind of wasted for a while until now.

The first time for 15 season that for 2 games in a row the team had an actual offense rather than trying to rely on iso and one on one crap. I don't get why people say Sabonis is a bad defender the only times he has trouble is when more athletic guys simply jump over him on jumpers other than that he uses his strength to keep players away and moves his feet well and hustles and competes on every possession to me he's a better defender than Holmes who can't keep stronger players away from the basket.
Holmes is a very good defender in situations that require a mobile center to front on the perimeter and recover to the paint. He’s undersized and can get bullied on the block. But what sets Sabonis apart for me is the rebounding. Defensive rebounding is a part of defense that the Kings have been horrible at. Now they have Sabonis and now they are good.

And - Sabonis is so good at offense that our defense benefits because the other team has to inbound the ball.

Holmes is a very good defender in situations that require a mobile center to front on the perimeter and recover to the paint. He’s undersized and can get bullied on the block. But what sets Sabonis apart for me is the rebounding. Defensive rebounding is a part of defense that the Kings have been horrible at. Now they have Sabonis and now they are good.

And - Sabonis is so good at offense that our defense benefits because the other team has to inbound the ball.
Excellent point.If a team is taking good shots and shooting high percentages(2 for 2 in the last to games when it comes to that)there are way less easy points to be had on a fast break.The reason they had over 60 points in the first half was 8 or 9 dumb turnovers and some crazy last second heaves by Kuzma.Btw in both games after the trade defense was very good in the second half.I think Wolves had only 19 points in a 4th quarter and Wizards managed 45 in a second half.That is a very positive sign.

Huh? it has nothing to do with McNair. It would just be better to have a higher draft pick then a lower one that’s all
Rubbish.
Of course it matters who is making the draft choice.
And of course a higher pick gives you better odds (unless you’re a BFI).

Status
Not open for further replies.