[Game] Kings @ Wizards, 2/12/2022, 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, of all the things to be hype about, near the top of my list is DDV. If he gets even a semblance of his shot… just unreal we got him for Bagley.

I’m floored by his court speed. Dude was flying EVERYWHERE. Looked almost out of control but was going where he was supposed to with it.

Is that how he always plays?!
Yes. He was the 4th best player on the Bucks title team (before getting hurt) and found a way to be super impactful on both ends being behind Giannis/Middleton/Jrue on the USG hierarchy. He's fully on team #nerd too as an analytics superstar the past 2 seasons. Also one of the best rebounding guards in the NBA

He's ****ing awesome and it's even more hilarious we got him for Bagley lol. Monte got his guy.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Has to feel great the GM who wanted you 2 years ago came back and made sure to get you again. And likewise, the disrespect of Grayson Allen getting a contract extension before you.
That’s two new outside guys over the span of two games who have said some form of the words “I want to be here”

We’ve entered some weird bizarro realm.

That’s two new outside guys over the span of two games who have said some form of the words “I want to be here”

We’ve entered some weird bizarro realm.
It's a change from the days when Bobby Hansen ran the "Welcome to Hell" Committee.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I have a hard time believing Lamb is actually hurt. They held him out, because they knew they weren't going to play him, with Donte needing a full look
Lamb also had a major knee injury a couple years ago and probably doesn't need to be playing every game with our depth being what it is (No, I can't believe I'm saying this either).

Kyle Draper made a good point, that Barnes thrives in a system of real fundamental basketball, in terms of ball movement and cutting. It stokes his game and brings out his best. Watching Iso ball doesn't motivate him
coming off the dubs got him used to high quality basketball. It’s like eating the best Mexican food ever making anywhere else subpar

Haliburton will be a great player but he will never even be a #2 cause he can’t create his own shot.
A "great player" but "not even a #2"? I don't even know what you mean by that. If you mean he's doomed never to be even the 2nd-best player on a championship-caliber team, I think you're wrong.

Chris Paul has avg'd 20 ppg twice in his career. Jason Kidd, John Stockton, Mo Cheeks, Steve Nash, never did. They're all in the HOF, none was a dominant scorer, and all, with the probable exception of Cheeks, was at least the 2nd-best player on dominant teams.

A "great player" but "not even a #2"? I don't even know what you mean by that. If you mean he's doomed never to be even the 2nd-best player on a championship-caliber team, I think you're wrong.

Chris Paul has avg'd 20 ppg twice in his career. Jason Kidd, John Stockton, Mo Cheeks, Steve Nash, never did. They're all in the HOF, none was a dominant scorer, and all, with the probable exception of Cheeks, was at least the 2nd-best player on dominant teams.
great doesn’t equal superstar for me and thats cool. I doubt he’ll ever reach those caliber players imo

also all those guys can create their own shot.

Last edited:
Our remaining schedule is brutal. Most opponents are playoff teams. 2 games against Pels would be decisive.
Thankfully, we should get the freshman Brooklyn squad. Kyrie will be out because it's at home, KD is still hurt and judging from reports they aren't going to bring Ben Simmons back until after the all-star break at the earliest. It's pretty likely the Kings will be favored.

I like that Gentry made adjustments with his lineup combinations in the second half. He had a long stretch at the end of the first into the 2nd where none of Fox/Sabonis/Barnes were on the floor. Just can't have that and he immediately adjusted to stagger them better in the 2nd half.

It's kind of ridiculous how much better the wing defense is. The wingspan bros (Holiday/Harkless) get things started off right and then you turn it over to Mitchell/DDV to lock up 2nd units. I think Lamb will be a nice bridge on offense especially too to work in that rotation.
He also had DS and Holmes together for 2 minutes and it was horrific spacing on offense

gunks

Hall of Famer
Thankfully, we should get the freshman Brooklyn squad. Kyrie will be out because it's at home, KD is still hurt and judging from reports they aren't going to bring Ben Simmons back until after the all-star break at the earliest. It's pretty likely the Kings will be favored.
Pre-trade you know we'd play down to the level of competition.

I'd like to think the new guys are scrappy enough to prevent that kind of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.