[Game] Kings @ Sixers, 12/13/2022 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swest this is one of those moments when kings should trade a guy while we are on top.

Like a barnes and mitch for portzingus or something. Port and sobonis would be a great paring

Yeah, the refs control the result to an extent but it's also defense. I pointed out the change when they went up to middle of the league in defensive net rating when they went to KZ and pnr switch. Is it ideal to only be able to do that? No. Will it keep them from being a top 10 defensive team? Probably. But the other side is this, lol.
Yeah but my point is -- do we actually have the proper personnel right now where those expectations are reasonable? Cuz it sure doesnt look like it to me.. Not in this game.. This looks more like square pegs trying to fit in round holes.

In the Knicks loss too --- Mitchell Robinson did whatever he wanted vs us.. Didn't miss a shot, getting offensive rebounds blocks whatever he pleased.

Yeah but my point is -- do we actually have the proper personnel right now where those expectations are reasonable? Cuz it sure doesnt look like it to me.. Not in this game.. This looks more like square pegs trying to fit in round holes.

In the Knicks loss too --- Mitchell Robinson did whatever he wanted vs us.. Didn't miss a shot, getting offensive rebounds blocks whatever he pleased.
I get what you're saying but the team doesn't have the luxury in any other way than strategically. They have to hammer what works and cast out what doesn't. Even if that limits them down the line. Expectation wise, they've already shot themselves in the foot having that run. Now people expect something because it's clear this team has talent.

This is why i hate injuries. Just throws everything off when people come in and out of the lineup, especially someone as important as Fox. We can bounce back tomorrow

I get what you're saying but the team doesn't have the luxury in any other way than strategically. They have to hammer what works and cast out what doesn't. Even if that limits them down the line. Expectation wise, they've already shot themselves in the foot having that run. Now people expect something because it's clear this team has talent.
? of course they do.
There was a rumor today the Kings are interested in Nerlens Noel for whats gotta be these very same reasons.

Them being able to trade players isn't a luxury, thats just how things work.. Teams are waiting for the 15th so they can shuffle previously unmovable contracts..

I say lets get a real defensive center instead of sitting here trying to squeeze blood from a stone... backup C's are dirt cheap compared to lots of stuff in the NBA too, no reason to be frugal if we're trying to make the playoffs.

?

There was a rumor today the Kings are interested in Nerlens Noel for whats gotta be these very same reasons.

Them being able to trade players isn't a luxury, thats just how things work.. Teams are waiting for the 15th so they can shuffle previously unmovable contracts..

I say lets get a real defensive center instead of sitting here trying to squeeze blood from a stone... backup C's are dirt cheap compared to lots of stuff in the NBA too, no reason to be frugal if we're trying to make the playoffs.
I'm hoping Queta even getting some time wasn't just a matchup/Len thing. I still think the best long term plan is for Monte to shoot higher. He likely needs another player that can put up 20+ a game without play calls. If they don't get that type of player then what Brown does with those play calls will continue to be this critical. Defensively this team is what it is, one move won't change that. They have to switch into pressure as a calling card. A Noel upgrade over Metu/Lyles would for sure help though and he can do that.

Damn, half our rotation has been sick or hurt. This is a good time to get that kinda stuff outta the way so we can make another run in the standings toward the end of the month

Holmes definitely should’ve played more in a game like this but idk. Again, just one of those ugly nights. I hope we beat Toronto up for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.