Kings @ Warriors - Sunday, Dec. 15 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

What will WCS do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think Bagley can start anytime soon. Defensively he just can't anchor a team like Holmes can. Bjelicia floor stretching and high IQ play is also important. Right now he fits best off the bench but I fully expect papa Bagley to start making noise if his son isn't starting soon.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Unbelievable that any team could win by 20+ points when committing 29 turnovers. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that hasn’t happened all that often.
Not all that often, but it has happened. I checked when we had 27 turnovers to find that there are over a hundred instances where a team has won with 27+ turnovers, and many of them were blowouts. The Warriors alone have been victimized by 30+ points by a team turning the ball over at least 27 times no less than thrice. I mean, we didn't even make the Warriors' record books in this game.

I don't think Bagley can start anytime soon. Defensively he just can't anchor a team like Holmes can. Bjelicia floor stretching and high IQ play is also important. Right now he fits best off the bench but I fully expect papa Bagley to start making noise if his son isn't starting soon.
The Kings have to find out if Holmes/Bagley can play together going forward otherwise if they can't you will probably look to move one after this season when Holmes becomes an expiring, I can't see Holmes playing limited minutes again after he's proven to be a starting C deserving of plenty of time because him and Bagley can't play together. It will hurt in the short term most likely but we have to find out sooner rather than later where Holmes stands in terms of going forward. The Pacers had a similar issue and this year decided to play Turner/Sabonis together more.

If this Bogi showed up against the Knicks, we'd be on a winning streak.
yes, the only way for us to beat the Knicks was if Bogdan shot 82% from the field and 80% from 3 like he did vs Warriors. His 50% from the field and 80% from 3 vs Knicks was just not gonna cut it. The rest of the guys did their job, but Bogdan needed to make a few more shots.

I watched the game on the CSN Bay Area feed, because of a blackout on league pass. For what it's worth, the announcers, Bob Fitzgerald and Kalena Azubukike, are basically punting this year for the dubs. They love Bags, love his potential, think he'll be a star. Azubukike kept on saying that's the first time I've seen Holmes do a hook shot. They're surprised by his offense.

All things considered, that game was a must win.

Bags has a lot of warts--he's a black hole, he gets lost on defense, he doesn't help when he should in the paint, leading to easy lay ups--but he works hard. Damn hard. He ran more on offense than any other player last night. Running from the paint to the perimeter to set screens, working down low against players, cutting...that's a huge positive for a young, non-wing player. Hope he and the team (especially Bogi, who tends to over dribble) finds their rhythm soon.

I am hoping Fox returns this week because we need someone that can run the point effectively. CoJo has done a great defensive job and he is pretty darn good about it but I often wonder who can score when he is on the floor.

I also look for Bagley to start in the near future but see him moving to power forward and Holmes stays at center. If that formula works? Our second unit will then become a major threat.

We are in 7th place and I attribute that to our depth and coaching. We haven’t really had a chance to see everybody play together but with Bagley and Fox back in the grove I see the kings getting better and better as the season moves on.

dude12

Hall of Famer
After another couple of games, Bagley has got to get to 30 minutes per game, granted he has to stay out of foul trouble. I don’t think he is as bad on defense as some are writing here but he certainly has his poor moments. Yes, Holmes is better on pick and roll by a good amount. Offensively, Bagley is a star waiting to happen. The other players and Walton just need to figure out how to assimilate him into the offense.

I agree with others in that they need to see Bags and Holmes together. On the tv broadcast, they mentioned Walton is trying to keep it simple for Bagley by playing him at just one position for now and that’s center because Walton likes his small lineup with Barnes at the 4. I think Walton can play Bagley at the 4 with a Center and be fine

Glad we were able to beat the Golden State Warriors Practice Squad tonight...........It would have been very embarrassing if he hadn't....
You know I keep hearing "practice squad" but two All Stars were in the starting lineup. As well as the Kings former starting center. So while I agree that GSW is diminished it was still a trap game as was the Knicks. If a couple players get hot and the defense gets scrappy, then the Refs "let them play"...................BOOM loss.

So I appreciate the Kings doing enough to beat GSW!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Im pretty sure he was made to be a star player and people were talking about he’s a max player
This strikes me as ahistorical, in part because I am not of the belief that only stars are entitled to the max, but I don't recall anybody saying that Draymond Greed was a star player. Green is, like, the Super-Saiyan version of a role player, and on a star-studded team, a guy who can do everything that Green can do is worth the max, in my opinion. But, when you don't have anybody who can do the big things, a player whose specialty is doing all the little things well isn't going to distinguish themselves.

It'd be like if the 2005-06 Pistons had traded Billups and both Wallaces for a bag of balls, and replaced them with G-Leaguers, and then Hamilton got hurt, and then people started calling Tayshaun Prince overrated.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Which player(s) does she tower over? She’s like 6-2, maybe 6-3. Last I checked most NBA players are taller than that.
I don't know if you've heard of this new invention, called high-heeled shoes, or not? When Kayte is wearing heels, which she was last night, she's legitimately taller than at least a third of the Kings roster, including Bogdan Bogdanovic, who is clearly shorter than his "program height" of 6'6".

There have been several comments about Bagley's minutes and him playing w/Holmes. Grant quoted Walton during the game that Bags is learning to play the 5 rn. Where to be, what to do, etc. He said next he will learn the 4. That is why he is not playing with Holmes.

Still I would have liked to see the combo in garbage time last night instead of Swanigan.

Good win last night against our nemesis. The Kings shot the ball well at 60% which was a good thing, because they set the record in the NBA this year for turnovers in a game, around 29.. They rebounded better though. This team is hard to figure. They turn on their defense like a faucet and then become complacent. Their ratio of assists to turns was 1:1.

Bogdan had a great shooting game. He also showed his severe case of dribblitis, turning the ball over 6 times. He also threw some lazy passes. For a long time pro that lives and breathes basketball I don't get his propensity to give up the ball.

Bagley has little experience as a starter in the NBA,. almost none. He has tons of talent and showed some of it last night. He also showed his lack of defense and willinginess to commit some weak fouls.

I like the Kings and enjoy watching them but they have some ongoing flaws. Winning makes everyone forget about them. They have some things that need to cleaned up if they are ever going to get to .500.

I would like to see someone on this team set a pick for Holmes once in awhile. How about running a play for him?

Shout out to Joseph and Ariza for some great defense. Holmes was good too although WCS got 14 points.

Last edited:
There have been several comments about Bagley's minutes and him playing w/Holmes. Grant quoted Walton during the game that Bags is learning to play the 5 rn. Where to be, what to do, etc. He said next he will learn the 4. That is why he is not playing with Holmes.

Still I would have liked to see the combo in garbage time last night instead of Swanigan.
If either was injured in garbage time (as Bagley was in Phoenix), there would be screaming like no other KF screaming you have heard (except for those past screaming times, which shall not be listed).

Last edited:
One thing that I noticed is that Bagley is such an Alpha. It's going to be hard for him to fully buy in when he knows he can go 30-15 on any night. You can clearly see how frustrated he gets when the ball doesn't come his way on offense. It's a good problem to have, but he needs to be patient and work within the TEAM.