Kings @ Warriors - Sunday, Dec. 15 - 5:30PT/8:30ET

What will WCS do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we take the sole possession of the 7th spot.
I didn't want to say anything jinxy pregame, but it kind of amazed me how, last game, Kings were in a 7-9th tie, and only had to beat a 5 win team, but couldn't, and dropped to 9th. This game, back in a 7-9th tie due to other teams losing, facing the league's only remaining 5 win team. Very different games for being so similar.

MB3 has to find a way to quit getting those tacky calls. Doug keeps pointing out the obvious stuff - hope the coaching staff is, too.
i truly think part of it is rust and overthinking. He knows how well we'd been playing before he returned, and likely doesn't wanna be the new scapegoat around here. i think for us to be working out these kinks with a healthy team this early into the season, that's a major plus.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Amazing how bad the warriors are despite having a couple former all stars. Kerr has proven he can effectively manage egos, but beyond that he seems like a avg coach at best.
Out of curiosity, is there a coach in the NBA that you think could win with this team? Because I don't. In fact, I kind of feel like you could swap their entire roster out with their Santa Cruz affiliate and, aside from Green and Russell, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Out of curiosity, is there a coach in the NBA that you think could win with this team? Because I don't. In fact, I kind of feel like you could swap their entire roster out with their Santa Cruz affiliate and, aside from Green and Russell, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I think several could have them playing harder and at least be competitive (spoelstra, rivers, nurse). Maybe they are just all in on the tank, which they are executing well

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Amazing how bad the warriors are despite having a couple former all stars. Kerr has proven he can effectively manage egos, but beyond that he seems like a avg coach at best.
show me a coach in the NBA that can coach the Golden State G-League team they put out there and I'll tip my cap. Warriors will be right back in the thick of things next season, let's not forget this.

I think VF21 was asking about the Golden one center vs the chase building, and i believe the warriors have the same amount of seats or even a bit less.

They mimicked us in the sense that they wanted the fans to feel closer to the action this time. Nosebleeds in the old Oracle arena were ridiculously high.

Unfortunately for the warriors, most of their true fans can no longer afford tickets.

i truly think part of it is rust and overthinking. He knows how well we'd been playing before he returned, and likely doesn't wanna be the new scapegoat around here. i think for us to be working out these kinks with a healthy team this early into the season, that's a major plus.
There is definitely rust. It also looks like Bjelica and Bagley are fighting for a spot in the lineup and both guys are pressing. This is usually something worked out in training camp/preseason. When Bagley and the Fox went down, the offensive gameplan changed to fit around who was left. The team held their own during that time and now Bagley is back and Fox coming back. Coaches are going to have to fix it on the fly and quickly.

Up 16 late in the third. What did we do differently tonight vs against the Knicks? We put our foot on their throats and pushed the lead to 20+ and cruised to a win. Much better mentality then messing around and seeing that lead cut to single digits and eventually losing the game.
Luke did not want to lose this game, so he went with his starters longer to push the 16 point lead to 20 before bringing in the bench in the third.

The other difference is the Knicks punished the Kings inside and on the boards and the Kings had no answer. The Warriors don't have much inside so the Kings weren't being manhandled on the boards.

i definitely think Kerr is an average coach, though. somewhere in the middle of the pack
I’ve always felt the same about Phil Jackson. IMO there have been a lot HC’s that could have won a dozen titles if given the two best or most dominant players of the time for a majority of their coaching career.

It‘s amazing how great a coach is when they’ve got the best talent in the league to work with.

I wasn't able to watch the game live but just caught the replay. Just a few of my observations

I thought it was one of Buddy's better overall games this year. He really played within the offense and looked to get his teammates involved.

Bagley showed why he was one of the top players in his draft but is still raw as hell. Lost on D and occasionally wild with his offense. Still, he has something to build on

Holmes had another below average game and just doesn't seem to have great rhythm right now

That little burst in the 3rd quarter when the kings extended their lead was some of the best ball they have played all year. Granted it was against a depleted team but they moved the ball exceptionally well and got good shots.