[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Saturday, Nov. 24 - 5:30 PT (title changed)

True, it’d probably hurt him a lot mentally too if he was benched. Whereas Bagley can continue to shine off the bench as a rookie, although with more minutes than usual for a bench player.
Well, if Bagley keeps taking the next step as he has the last 4 games and Harry begins to appear closer to being an every game guy. Kings may consider moving Willie. Chances are he’ll hold steady at around 16-8 so he’ll have value...but we’ll see. I’m not convinced that Willie is a lame duck in the slightest.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Not understanding Bjelica being utter garbage for certain games. Head not in game, no impact. Do they have to play him 10 minutes these games?
He plays better when he can actually guard his matchup and switches I have noticed, he's a bit too slow to guard 3's and even 4's but big enough to be a stretch 4. Also plays better when he can create, has trouble with faster match ups

Not understanding Bjelica being utter garbage for certain games. Head not in game, no impact. Do they have to play him 10 minutes these games?
I thought his defense and positioning were excellent and he impacted the game on that end, did not look like his head was not in the game. But yeah, he missed his 3 shots.

Love it. WCS need to develop a damn fighter attitude. I want Bagley starting asap.
Willie is just too nonchalant & indifferent to be considered a leader on this team. Case in point, him laughing and joking with KD after his clean block...he is a butterfly type of big that avoids contact & is still clumsy catching the ball and finishing around the rim. This is his 4th year, it’s not a matter of wait and see this is who he is at this point.

Little involvement is part of it. They have to find a way to get him more shots and more involved offensively. When he's going the Kings are a totally different team. 3 shots in 19 minutes won't cut it.

If there's any decision to be second guessed, it would be why Joerger took Harry out and put Willie back in.

Harry was starting to pick apart the Warriors defense and was solid on defense.
And not having one of your best players on the floor the last couple possessions. Have no idea what possibly logic there could be. Pulling Bogie for defense to keep him from fouling out makes sense, but why wasn't he on the floor with the ball trailing by 1? That should have been #8 with the ball in his hands to make a play before it should be Buddy.

My take on the last defensive play.

The initial rebound was just an unlucky bounce to the corner where Iggy had the angle on Bagley. The KINGS had a triangle of players ready for the rebound off KD's miss with Willie having boxed out Damien Jones, Bagley in front of Iggy and Fox ready for the kickback toward the free throw line.

But the ball went over Willie and Jones to the corner. Not really sure what could have been done differently as the players were in position for the most likeliest of bounces.

On Klay's drive to the basket, it really should have been an offensive foul. Klay used his forearm to shield Willie by planting it in his face. But we know the official isn't gonna make that call on the Warriors in that situation (I have little doubt that the KINGS get called for it though). And Klay's shot was so bad it took another fortunate bounce off the backboard. Not much else they could have done there since Willie had to contest the shot so he couldn't also be in rebounding position too.

All in all, there were just two bad breaks on that one possession. They played good defense and actually boxed out.

justin jackson just standing around on the rebound basically a zero as always.

jackson was in the game for what purpose? please trade this clown soon..
Can we trade you?

Because, at this point, it’s clear as day that you don’t have the desire to be impartial and have instead opted for a hater’s bias of Jackson.

The kid had a good game today. 12/4/3 in 20 minutes with some decent defense and zero turnovers. His plus/minus was tied for the best on the team for those that played significant minutes.

Yet here you are (again) hating on the guy. If you’re gonna be tough on any of the players, fine. I don’t think most take issue with criticism when warranted. But when you can’t take a break from the criticism in instances when it’s not warranted, then that’s completely unfair and disingenuous IMO.

Can we trade you?

Because, at this point, it’s clear as day that you don’t have the desire to be impartial and have instead opted for a hater’s bias of Jackson.

The kid had a good game today. 12/4/3 in 20 minutes with some decent defense and zero turnovers. His plus/minus was tied for the best on the team for those that played significant minutes.

Yet here you are (again) hating on the guy. If you’re gonna be tough on any of the players, fine. I don’t think most take issue with criticism when warranted. But when you can’t take a break from the criticism in instances when it’s not warranted, then that’s completely unfair and disingenuous IMO.

Jackson is mediocre at best and invisible 75 percent of the games this year. The only reason he got any numbers at all. Curry, Green, and Cuz were out. He would have never seen the floor if the Dubs were at full strength.

Game was over as soon as WCS got put back into the game in the 4th the guy was getting beasted by Looney/Jones entire game, no idea why Dave rewarded him with any playing time this game, guy literally boxed out once the entire game and gave up key possession after key possession.

Harry and Marvin were great tonight

We got screwed by the refs, but we knew that would happen if the game was close going into the 4th quarter. What we could control though was we left an absolute boat load of points off the board with missed easy shots. I counted 5 wide open 3s in the first quarter alone we bricked. In crunch time, we missed 3 easy put-backs at the rim.

Overall, I think we played significantly better than the Warriors. Better on defense and got much easier shots on the offensive end. But you can't miss as many shots as we did and expect to win on the road, especially in a place like Oracle.

I get that it feels like we let this one slip away, but we aren’t going to win out ;) We didn’t play all that great, outside of buddy, bags and shump, and we lost a one point game on the road against the world champs (regardless of who wasn’t playing, they still had two of the best). A learning curve type of game. Love what we are seeing out of bags. Giles giving us stretches now like we saw in the preseason.

But that's not the point. The point is he had a pretty darn good game tonight so the criticism didn't fit.
Exactly. Nobody said he’s a sudden all star or even a starting caliber player. Just be fair. When the dude has a decent game, give him credit.

Same goes for Marvin Bagley III. Those still harping on the KINGS for drafting him need to relent when he plays like he did tonight.

WHAT A GAME. Obviously not the desired result but that was fun to watch. A few bounces here and there and Kings win this! On to the positive observations:

Marvin Bagley! Good lord has he proved me wrong already. His motor is just running hot every play. Think about this: He is 19 years old, has no right-hand moves yet (I read on tweet that said he is underated because his flawes are so easy to see - that seems spot on) and we don't use him in spread pick and rolls yet - and still he had nearly a 20-20 game. That he is able to hold down the 5 defensively is huuuge going forward. Especially at the end of games and in the playoffs that will be super effective.

Buddy Hield. Simply playing like an all-star. If he'd be on the court a few more minutes he averages 20-6-3.

Harry Giles. Very inspiring game from him.

Loved seeing MB face up and hit that mid-range jumper multiple times. I really hope he studies some Bosh footage cuz hes got that kind of offensive potential. Wait till he adds 15-20 pounds of muscle.. Hes gonna cause fits on the glass. Top 5 rebounder in the league type stuff.

Harry was impressive- I'm glad hes getting little stints every game. Game looks like its slowing down for him.

Jackson needs to flash those passing skills more often. We all know he has it.

I say it a lot but Buddy is incredible. Special player.

We'll be alright- we're still in the 8th seed and this is the toughest part of the schedual.

Lets get this win today.

Last edited:
Love it. WCS need to develop a damn fighter attitude. I want Bagley starting asap.
Bagley needs to learn to pass before he starts. I love the kids athleticism but he can be a ball stopping black hole when he is out there. If he has 2-3 defenders on him, quit forcing up a shot and pass the ball to the open shooters standing at the 3 point line.

That being said his rebounding was nice to see.

he also had a play where he got a defensive board, had guards starting to run, one of them Buddy who was asking for the ball, but Bagley waved him off, brought the ball over thw halfline himself, then continued to drive (and missed but that is irrelevant). there was no basketball reason not to give the ball to Buddy (or another guard) have him push it, run the floor, and possibly end up with the dunk as the guards find him in transition. the only reason I can think of for what happened is that he just wanted to do it, end to end. i attribute this to youth and a wish to prove himself but he needs to start learning to make the right play in those situations.

Beating the GS wusses at their place is always going to be tough even without kerry. Cavinn derrent grew up near my old neighborhood. He is a difference maker. No one can really stop him, especially not last night. But he does not respect the game and dissed Bill Russell which which should be illegal. I cannot stand him. cley thumpsen is another punk. They are pretty good basketball players but they suck at being humans.

The KIngs played hard and did lots of things right. The pace was fast. The defense has picked up a lot. Team defense becomes more difficult when a team plays at the pace of the Kings. Everyone is working hard. I would single out Fox, Buddy and Bagley as the guys that work the hardest.

We got some blocks last night. Willie made the perfect block on dourent, and the ref called a foul. WTF. What bothered me about that was that Willie thought it as funny. If I made a block like that, I would telling the guy not to bring his crap over by me.

Saving the worst for last, the rebounding was a disaster. We need to figure out how block someone out and get some more defensive rebounds. It was the difference last night plain and simple. When the Kings become a better rebounding team they will start winning even more. They have greatly reduced their turnovers. They have games when they outrebound other teams. Last night was great really with that one disasterous reboundin problem. It is fixable, but we need better rebounding from Willie. That is for sure.

Box score shows that Bagley got 17 boards to go with 20 points. The guy can play. He is a 19 yo rook and doing great. You can see the potential for greatness. Willie got 4 rebounds. Buddy got 28 points, and 7 boards with some assists. Great game. Fox got 9 assists. Bogdan needs to learn to pass the ball if he wants to play more. If Willie has average rebounding game we win, but the polite man in the tuxedo got 4.. Four. *^%$#@#$%^&&

Kingster

Hall of Famer
A lot of focus on the last couple of minutes, but what about five Warrior plays accounting for 10 points where their bigs ran down the lane untouched for slam dunks? Does anyone have any insight on that? To me, those are the inexcusable plays that lose you ball games.