[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/1/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings broadcasters need to stop calling a rivalry, it's BS. It's not rivalry if you keep losing every time you play GS. I am just sick of this loss again. Why? Because of Mike Brown critical mistake of substitution at the end. You have time to put your best defensive players during a time out and what do you have? Malik Monk on Steph Curry. Really? WTF. That's how Steph make the lob shot and give them a 1pt lead. Why in the world you want Monk in there....oh because you want to save a time out so that you don't have to sub Monk back in? But c'mon....i don't know...i don't think that's a good strategy. There is also a foul they didn't call when Barnes drove to the basket when he lost control of the ball...but he was hacked.

And why is Keegan not doubling Klay at the end? When he was driving against Mitchell for the game winner....Keegan should have come quicker and would have blocked the shot. He was guarding Draymond....who care!! You leave Draymond alone. Man, the GS did terrible in the game and somehow some way they find a way to win.
We have to come to the reality that this team isn't likely a finished product. Both in terms of development and roster construction. How many teams are? Good news, the guy in the GM seat is competent and there is a platform from which to build. There is a soul in this squad. That you can work with.

I hate to be the one to ask, but why was our defense so much better without Fox... it felt like everyone communicated much better on screens and pass offs
This team is more focused on the road in general. That’s been the case since last season, i wouldn’t read into it too much. Davion also has the luxury of not being asked to go get us 30 + on the other end

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I hate to be the one to ask, but why was our defense so much better without Fox... it felt like everyone communicated much better on screens and pass offs
Mike Brown completely switched up the defensive scheme from the last time we played them and put Keegan on Steph Plus that zone they used against the Warriors’ bench unit just gave them fits.

And I hate to say it, but Fox is constantly getting lost, losing his man and gambles way too much. He’s a good man defender, but his team defense is below average IMO.

Strangely enough, on this particular night, Sacramento's defense on that last possession would have been better with Huerter still in, instead of Mitchell. Brown went with reputation over who had it going, and it backfired.
Ugh this post is making me feel sad. I had no idea we were in this game and could have easily won it, had a couple of things gone differently. I’ll be avoiding social media as well lol

Keegan’s hand is bothering him, but his defense on Steph was pretty incredible.
Some of it is Steph just lost control of the ball I don't think it has anything to do with Keegan. But the disappointing part is that when Steph run the arc through screen with Keegan pursuing, nobody come to help stop Steph from getting open look...that's the disappointing part. Keegan did good but not great....he should have blocked Klay game winning shot had he come a bit earlier. He was busy guarding Draymond Green. Really? Draymond Green at the top of the key? If he play a bit smart, he would have come earlier and leave Draymond alone. I would live and die by Draymond shot than Klay or Steph.

Eventually, Brown will go to Jones for a defensive stop at the end of games. He has enough length to switch onto different players and will be a better matchup against someone like Thompson or Booker

This might be the game that has made me hate the Warriors. No where near 7akers level hate as that is derived from a bottomless pit filled with hellfire, but two buzzer beater losses in a row to your rivals after getting bounced from the playoffs by them is pretty damn annoying. I can't wait until we are consistently kicking their ass.

We have to see what they look like in more games but this was about as much fight as you'll see from a regular season game. That said, Fox giving you 30 vs. still letting a team shoot 48% with "better" defense isn't a good trade off. Not in today's league. This team with Fox in the playoffs moved their defense up to average by the numbers but the offense when poof.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
We let them score too quickly and easily in the final minute. Not the Klay shot but one Steph shot and a GP3 shot at the hoop.

The officiating was dogcrap in the third quarter. So much so I don’t believe the Warriors had one foul called on them.

The reason the Kings don’t beat the Warriors every time they play them at this point is that they NEVER shoot the three ball well against the Warriors despite getting open looks from three. I don’t understand it. 11-35. Kings shoot even OK from three. They bounce the Warriors in 5 games last season and win these first two games.

Domas played a good game except he missed too many free throws. Especially came up big at the end. Probably his best game against the Warriors in awhile.

basically everybody played well. Team rebounding was good. The team defense was mostly pretty good…just they didn’t shoot well again

Obviously if they play with this balance through the rest of Fox’s absence they should be fine…but I’ve said that before when the Kings played a great team well short handed and then they played to the level of the competition. Bring this to Houston and against Portland and most of the upcoming and you’ll eat well in Fox’s absense

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Some people subscribe to the belief that rivalries are defined by results (wins and losses), and nothing else. I've never accepted that particular criteria.
To some extent it is a one-sided rivalry right now. But for Kings fans I don't understand how it couldn't be. And as delusional as Ws fans want to be that it "isn't" they are going to be on the wrong side of the rivalry when its over. Steph won't play forever.

Strangely enough, on this particular night, Sacramento's defense on that last possession would have been better with Huerter still in, instead of Mitchell. Brown went with reputation over who had it going, and it backfired.
Hell no I don't trust Huerter defense. He continue to disappoint me with some of his shots....like there is one play where he drove to the basket and failed to make a wide open drop shot...he sucks at drop shots....couldn't buy a shot throughout the game. He made up for it by making crucial baskets and rebound...that's about it. I think the reason Brown still trust him is because it's hard to guard him on the offensive end due to his quick long strive running through screen. He basically get wide open look almost every time with Sabonis screen at the top of the key. This game is disappointing because the Warriors didn't play particular well and the Kings just need one more solid punch but just couldn't do it.

Last edited:
Valiant effort i suppose, but I’m glad i didn’t catch this one and i don’t wanna see the “highlights” either. I guess we’ve at least avoided the inevitable national media “Are the Kings better without Fox” crap.
This was a good game despite the hurting loss. Kings showed a lot of grit and aggression. I loved the changes that the coaches made from the last time these teams met. We just didn't have a finisher. One can even say that the Warriors escaped with a win.

Anybody feel Mitchell's defense has been a disappointment this year so far? As great as he is...but I seen him let guy drove by him one on one. The last possession...maybe Duarte would have been better on Klay due to his height. I don't think Klay respect Mitchell's defense due to his short height.

Anybody feel Mitchell's defense has been a disappointment this year so far? As great as he is...but I seen him let guy drove by him one on one. The last possession...maybe Duarte would have been better on Klay due to his height. I don't think Klay respect Mitchell's defense due to his short height.
The issue is he gets screened off

Brown need to trust Colby Jones and Duarte more on the defensive end rather than Mitchell. The problem with Mitchell is he is short and taller guy can just shoot over him like Klay did with the game winner.

The issue is he gets screened off
Well, that's when you need another guy nearby to come and help out (this is a team game). Keegan is near by guarding Draymond. He should know Draymond is not a threat. Sometimes, you don't have to be talented to win games, you just have to be smart and do the little things...Kings just came up short again when it matter. I am sure Warriors are laughing their butt off knowing they keep winning all these close games against the Kings.

hey guys, do you know that Klay once scored 37 points on the Kings in a single quarter?
The other game, it was Steph dagger, this time it's Klay. The Kings need to understand that to beat them, they have to make other guys make shots rather than these two. Maybe if Keegan grow a brain and left Draymond and double Klay near by, the outcome would have been different. Hell, he didn't have to double...but if he came at Klay a bit earlier, he could have blocked the shot...instead it didn't appear he was close enough to block it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.