[Game] Kings vs. Warriors, 11/13/2022 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im not sure either but some of the stats out there so far say the Kings aren't as bad as it seems? Opponents have been making an above average clip against contests against the Kings more so at a rate so much higher than every other team somehow, but also there was a stat out there that the Kings are somehow #1 in transition defense? Eye test so far is showing me that it isnt that bad at all.. we've gotten a terrible whistle this season
yes - we supposedly did not give up a single fast break basket to the Cavs the other night, but they were also running a layup line on us. So I don't quite get it. But when things slow down we seem to clamp down but still maintain our potency on the opposite end. Early games being the outliers.

I think Monk and Fox have more chemistry but I like Monk in the spark plug role off the bench more than I like the ideas of him in the starting unit
I think most importantly too, both Monk/Huerter are developing awesome 2-man games in the PnR with Sabonis. Monk has an insane assist every game now, mainly feeding Sabonis and Huerter really works well in the DHO stuff and still runs the PnR with him quite well.The early returns on them could not be better, such a home-run swing from Monte.

It's pretty clear to me too that Monk is better suited off the bench. He's a sparkplug that makes the team better when he comes in. Really does remind me of the same energy Bobby J brought to our golden years teams.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
shooter, sure. but scorer? I'd have to steer clear from that one.
Shooter, scorer, put the ball through the basket guy, whatever you want to call it. You will never again see someone shoot the ball like Stephen Curry. He's a once in a lifetime player. He is a phenomenal talent.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Shooter, scorer, put the ball through the basket guy, whatever you want to call it. You will never again see someone shoot the ball like Stephen Curry. He's a once in a lifetime player. He is a phenomenal talent.
he mastered his craft and it started from a young age. I once read that it takes at least 10,000 hours to master your craft in whatever you do so Dell had him shooting jumpers straight out of the womb I'd imagine.

Unfortunately his ego has probably outreached his effectiveness. Yes, dude is good. But now he has taken to flailing on his 3pt shots to try to get more is too much. And on top of that his behavior when he hits shots is very much a put off. If you are winning a championship the shimmy or putting them to sleep is one thing. He's just too much right now this early in the season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately his ego has probably outreached his effectiveness. Yes, dude is good. But now he has taken to flailing on his 3pt shots to try to get more is too much. And on top of that his behavior when he hits shots is very much a put off. If you are winning a championship the shimmy or putting them to sleep is one thing. He's just too much right now this early in the season
He’s always been too much. I dream of a day a fed up “tough” guy hip-checks him into the third row after one of his stupid dances.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
he mastered his craft and it started from a young age. I once read that it takes at least 10,000 hours to master your craft in whatever you do so Dell had him shooting jumpers straight out of the womb I'd imagine.
It's like everything else: nature and nurture. It helped to have Dell's genes as well as his coaching. The thing that gets me other than his shooting is his incredible stamina. He puts in the work, that's for sure.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It's like everything else: nature and nurture. It helped to have Dell's genes as well as his coaching. The thing that gets me other than his shooting is his incredible stamina. He puts in the work, that's for sure.
the work, the nutrition, the massages and treatments all play a part. Can't do one without a complete set of circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.