[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 11/28/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booker played like a star. Monk played great. Sabonis had his typical good game. Fox played like a scrub that forgot there was a game today until his mom woke him up 10 minutes before game time. End of story.
I have concerns about his competitiveness. Still not picturing him as a lead (highest paid) player on a dangerous playoff team. I know that makes some people angry, but it's a genuine observation

You guys are too funny.

We were quite literally next to the bottom of the well for roughly 16 years, people out there thought we couldn't ever move again. Suddenly this season we moved our limps a bit, and you guys almost just jump to the team's throat and yell "how dare you not just work harder to climb immediately? I expect you to just start ninja-leap up this well by now."

* shrug :rolleyes:*
Excuse us for wanting a professional team.... what you think fans are? You think we liked losing for 16 years? You think being over 500 and we suppst to be satisfied losing? We want to win a championship. Today! Now! 20 years is long enough

I have concerns about his competitiveness. Still not picturing him as a lead (highest paid) player on a dangerous playoff team. I know that makes some people angry, but it's a genuine observation
Then again, the other side is if Fox doesn't help carry them then this team is going to have a hard time winning most nights against real competition. I mean, that's what stars do but that's why if there is something to be concerned about it's the lack of refining what works and booting out what doesn't from both ends of the playbook. This isn't the season to be playing around. This western conference is as tight as expected.

Against these good teams, all you really want is a chance to be in until the end. Aside from the Celtics game, we’ve done that against the Hawks and Suns. A win would’ve been nice, but these types of loses don’t hurt that much.

Ya if we lose to Hali, I’ll start my freak out then haha. He’s playing great ball… I remember we half jokingly made comparisons to CP3… different types of playmakers, but high IQ passing makes them elite playmakers.
I can easily see us losing vs pacers. They have a consistent play maker on that team. He will get consistently 10+ assist no matter what. They have consistency at one spot. Ironically we have consistently at one spot too. And it's the player we traded him for. But pgs are more valuable than center's in nba

Then again, the other side is if Fox doesn't help carry them then this team is going to have a hard time winning most nights against real competition. I mean, that's what stars do but that's why if there is something to be concerned about it's the lack of refining what works and booting out what doesn't from both ends of the playbook. This isn't the season to be playing around. This western conference is as tight as expected.
Yeah I think if this game showed anything, it's how utterly consistent and reliant stars on the best teams in the league are. You just don't see Giannis, Steph, LeBron, Jokic putting up many 11-5-4 nights and there team having a chance to win. A big reason WHY we've been successful early in the year is Fox has been so consistently good every night out on the floor.

All the other pieces were there for a win, but Fox has to play to the new standard he's set for himself. 11-5-4 doesn't give us much of a chance vs the current West 1 seed.

The one and only criticism I might have about Mike Brown at this point is his inability to find a way for Fox-Mitchell-Monk to co-exist in the 4th quarter. We're seeing Mitchell and Monk get key minutes late in the 4th because of their hot hand or defense, but we can't freeze out Fox and expect him to automatically come in and hit clutch shots.

I get that the shooting and size is a big problem, but we've got to find a way to make it a mismatch for the other team.

A damn 16 year playoff-less streak doesn’t change over night. Look how far we’ve come in 19 games with NEW COACHING AND NEW SYSTEMS. like cmon people. It’s so irritating reading some of the dumb crap some of y’all say.

I for one am super excited to watch this season play out.

carry on
Well, that's the unfortunate thing about the 11th hour, time is of the essence. Some of what we ARE seeing out there now is going to be the difference as to whether or not you indeed will have fun watching the season play out. Kings fans of all fans should know this haha.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
You and me both, brother. No concerns about his talent, but he seems to show up whenever he "deigns" to show up.

I have been watching all of indianas games.
If the kings don’t come out with some fire tyrese is gonna bury this team single handedly. He has been playing that good. We all know how hurt he was when he left. The kid seems like he’s gonna carry that his entire career.
You know he wants it bad too. This isn’t a “you screwed up my contract,” closer to a “you killed my dog” mad. Which is still extremely endearing from a player I was looking forward to I watching in a Sac uniform for years to come. Which makes me think there’s decent odds he goes on tilt and doesn’t have a great game, or goes ninja assassin and drops 40 on us in a blow out

regardless of how wrong I am about this, I’m def excited to see him back home for a night

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Excuse us for wanting a professional team.... what you think fans are? You think we liked losing for 16 years? You think being over 500 and we suppst to be satisfied losing? We want to win a championship. Today! Now! 20 years is long enough
They gave themselves a chance to win at the end against the best team in the conference. Isn't that professional? They played Boston even until a crazy hot streak initiated by Tatum and 4 of their bench players broke the game open. Even while losing this looks like a playoff team. The defense needs work obviously, but nobody goes from 4th pick in the draft to best team in the NBA in a few months.

1-3 in this last stretch really isn't as bad as it seems given scheduling and opponents but it is a perfect setup for a collective meltdown amongst a certain segment of the fanbase if we happen to lose to Tyrese on Wednesday
There should be a rank on this site that members of that fan base segment can earn, just like Bench, Starter, etc. Maybe Wet Blanket Commando, or Armchair Prophet…. :D

Eh, Tyrese has been shooting the ball poorly the last few games. Buddy Hield as well but i'm sure we'll take this one seriously. Everyone will be fired up for that game

The one and only criticism I might have about Mike Brown at this point is his inability to find a way for Fox-Mitchell-Monk to co-exist in the 4th quarter. We're seeing Mitchell and Monk get key minutes late in the 4th because of their hot hand or defense, but we can't freeze out Fox and expect him to automatically come in and hit clutch shots.

I get that the shooting and size is a big problem, but we've got to find a way to make it a mismatch for the other team.
Yeah and if this keeps being an issue then this is an issue for Monte. Brown needs another wing or two to match up. Brown went with the super small lineup and it worked for a minute but I still think you can't out gimmick an already gimmicky wing league when the other team is at such an advantage when it comes to the gimmick of small ball because they have almost every plus on their side.

A damn 16 year playoff-less streak doesn’t change over night. Look how far we’ve come in 19 games with NEW COACHING AND NEW SYSTEMS. like cmon people. It’s so irritating reading some of the dumb crap some of y’all say.

carry on
it’s just the nature of being a fan of a historically losing franchise. Fans as a whole won’t trust this team until we land in the playoffs. And even then we will assume it was a fluke the next year after the first losing streak haha.

We had a chance to win tonight but we ran into Mr. turnaround fade away guy on a heater and Lee hit those threes down the stretch that made things tough. We really needed Fox to do his thing but he didn’t have it tonight ( we will find out if its an injury tomorrow I’m sure)

Eh, Tyrese has been shooting the ball poorly the last few games. Buddy Hield as well but i'm sure we'll take this one seriously. Everyone will be fired up for that game
That team is one that actually kind of looks like Sacramento build wise. They're very guard heavy so that shouldn't be much of a disadvantage. They have a lot more natural shooters though.

carry on
Actually yes they do change over night. Happens all the time. And if you call over night 16 years and counting your losing your mind. This team wasn't build this season. We drafted are star 5 years ago dude. It's time to take the next steps. This is a playoff or bust season. Everyone seems to know this but our farytail fans. How dare you preach patience to any kings fan. We are the most patient fans in the history of sports.

Yeah I think if this game showed anything, it's how utterly consistent and reliant stars on the best teams in the league are. You just don't see Giannis, Steph, LeBron, Jokic putting up many 11-5-4 nights and there team having a chance to win. A big reason WHY we've been successful early in the year is Fox has been so consistently good every night out on the floor.

All the other pieces were there for a win, but Fox has to play to the new standard he's set for himself. 11-5-4 doesn't give us much of a chance vs the current West 1 seed.
I see it differently, if Barnes and Mitchell have better nights offensively, the game is down to the wire. Just enough of the main rotation had a poor outing offensively to get nipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.