[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 11/28/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings got a #4 pick n traded away a future first. All that capital deployed and you’d think they‘d at least try to address the layup line that has been an issue for yrs. All the while, some super tanking team is going to see their franchise value jump a half billy overnight when they grab the next generational talent this summer.
28 other teams are going to miss out on that next generational talent too.

What specifically are you angry about with this team? Isn't bringing in a defensive coach an attempt to address the issue?

Yeah at this point I'm just in wait and see mode. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished 5th or 11th. Just like it wouldn't surprise me if Murray went 0-10 or 10-10 next game. Nothing is predictable at the moment other than the Kings seem to have a solid coach, more options on offense and a lot of work to do on defense.
My prediction this year was a 41-41/.500 record. My thoughts on that haven't changed and I'm sure they probably won't as the season progresses. We are going to have highs like we did before our current losing streak, and we are going to have lows like we do now. Ultimately this will be a more competitive team than we have fielded before. I would still put money on the Kings finishing between 7th through 10th in the west and making the play in at minimum.

My concern is what happens after that? This team is not built for anything besides short term and quick results. We all know it's not a contender, or even a multi round playoff team, and I'm not sure how we improve it more going forward. Are we ok with this type of a team for at least two more seasons? More exciting, more highs than lows, a longer season, but ultimately the ceiling of the 2010 Charlotte Bobcats?

You know that would be bad in and of itself, but consider on top of that it was a trip to Memphis from Sac, they then went to an earlier time zone and tipped off in ATL less than 24 hours later. Then Boston. That's brutal on any Pacific based team. BUT THEY MADE THEM DO THIS OVER THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY FFS.

That's no respect.
I know we like to point to schedule losses, but to be fair every team go through similar stretches. Good teams will find a way to win. I mean look at the Pistons.. they beat Denver and Utah while missing 3 of their main contributing starters on the road on back to back nights and they are considered quite possibly the worst team in the NBA this season.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I know we like to point to schedule losses, but to be fair every team go through similar stretches. Good teams will find a way to win. I mean look at the Pistons.. they beat Denver and Utah while missing 3 of their main contributing starters on the road on back to back nights and they are considered quite possibly the worst team in the NBA this season.
Less about the scheduled losses there but how it was scheduled. Did any team have a worse schedule over Thanksgiving? Either way, why? I know the players get a lot of money but I think it sucks.

I feel like monte would have kept haliburton instead of fox... but because Fox was already on a big contract he was probably a lot harder to trade especially coming off a subpar year with a big contract
Disagree. Even at the time I pointed it out, they were showcasing the young guys, not preparing to trade Fox.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think we already saw for the last month what type of team we are when Fox is playing at his peak potential, it's not hypothetical anymore. Now the argument becomes "is he capable of playing at that level consistently for several seasons or is he going to just be an occasional superstar" which is at least a better argument than "Monte picked the wrong guard". I'd like to think we've moved on from that one but I'm not surprised it's resurfacing the first time the team loses a few games in a row as the resentment has had a whole off-season to percolate and needs to escape somewhere.

I think the most rational among us would agree that the team would have (will) periodically struggle regardless of who our starting PG is because that's what happens in the NBA over the course of a season. Waiting until the team is losing again to chime in with criticism is a cheeky way to express frustration but as I've already expressed before, anyone who is still here for one reason or another is a true die hard so I can at least tip my hat to what I hope is a sincere desire to see the Kings succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.