[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 11/28/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing to the Suns by 5 is nothing to get upset about. The pendulum swings to and fro. I would like to see aggressive Fox against the Pacers though. If we lose to them then people will have a reason to be upset. As of now losses to the current top 2 teams in the league is what most teams do. Till Wednesday folks.

Fun while it lasted. Back to the cellar we go lol
The bloom is off for sure. Huerter is a focus of the defense and they are making it a nightmare for him on those dribble hand offs. If Fox is off that's going to mean wild swings offensively. Monk has been explosive though and that's been the only thing keeping them in it.

This could also be a sign of things to come unfortunately against these modern teams versatile wing teams. It's still a very small sample size but L's against the Blazers, Suns, C's, Hawks, and Clipps where there was a clear disadvantage in wing size.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
1-3 in this last stretch really isn't as bad as it seems given scheduling and opponents but it is a perfect setup for a collective meltdown amongst a certain segment of the fanbase if we happen to lose to Tyrese on Wednesday
the Kings lost to the best teams in both conferences and had a schedule loss on the second night of a B2B in this stretch.

Ideally we’d have stolen one of those but we still have leeway thanks to a couple of the wins we picked up during the streak.

1-3 in this last stretch really isn't as bad as it seems given scheduling and opponents but it is a perfect setup for a collective meltdown amongst a certain segment of the fanbase if we happen to lose to Tyrese on Wednesday
I have been watching all of indianas games.
If the kings don’t come out with some fire tyrese is gonna bury this team single handedly. He has been playing that good. We all know how hurt he was when he left. The kid seems like he’s gonna carry that his entire career.

Booker played like a star. Monk played great. Sabonis had his typical good game. Fox played like a scrub that forgot there was a game today until his mom woke him up 10 minutes before game time. End of story.
Problem is both Fox and Mitchell had very poor offensive outings...and where was Barnes?

the Kings lost to the best teams in both conferences and had a schedule loss on the second night of a B2B in this stretch.

Ideally we’d have stolen one of those but we still have leeway thanks to a couple of the wins we picked up during the streak.
Let's hope we can use tonight's energy and push harder next game. If there is one game I'd want this team to win, it would be the next one.

Go Kings!

Fox is so irritating man. Seems like he just takes nights off. I don't get it. I've never seen a guy so talented do this. These iso 3s and no aggression kills me. Why fox? Why?

disappointed.
How long of a losing streak will it take to erase all the goodwill this team has built up?
if we lose to Indiana then I will get concerned. Fox perhaps had his worst game of the year. He was -16 for the game and Huerter went 0-5 from 3. If those two keep playing like this game then things could get tough. Fox needs to play defense a bit more like Mitchell.

one according to most kings fans
My goodwill is gone once I see an opposing team run the same play over and over and the Kings coaching staff react later and later each game to it. If there is some miracle defensive system in place that's not being run and these timeouts are being used to discuss it, I'm interested in knowing the examples of when it's being run right. So far, they pressure, they have a chance, they don't, it's guaranteed buckets on pick and roll for the opposing team.

was Fox hurt? He just didnt look normal.
wasn’t nursing anything on the bench…but his minutes were trimmed, only 11 shot attempts, quick hook in the third quarter and of course overall played terribly. Hopefully he gets going. He has been average to below average since looking like a superstar up to the 4Q 6 minute mark of the @Memphis game.

3 losses in a row man. We just can't do that. The non consistency is killing me. And we are too small man. Too many big rebounds. If our 3 isn't falling it's hard to win.

crap out to monk aka Bobby Jack. Guy brings it every night

Against these good teams, all you really want is a chance to be in until the end. Aside from the Celtics game, we’ve done that against the Hawks and Suns. A win would’ve been nice, but these types of loses don’t hurt that much.

I have been watching all of indianas games.
If the kings don’t come out with some fire tyrese is gonna bury this team single handedly. He has been playing that good. We all know how hurt he was when he left. The kid seems like he’s gonna carry that his entire career.
Ya if we lose to Hali, I’ll start my freak out then haha. He’s playing great ball… I remember we half jokingly made comparisons to CP3… different types of playmakers, but high IQ passing makes them elite playmakers.

if we lose to Indiana then I will get concerned. Fox perhaps had his worst game of the year. He was -16 for the game and Huerter went 0-5 from 3. If those two keep playing like this game then things could get tough. Fox needs to play defense a bit more like Mitchell.
The breakdown is on help. Mitchell got screened off a good portion of the night too. The breakdown on D is consistent, it's when the big trails and drops, they're done for. Teams will just ride right up Domas to the rim, or shoot off that screen.

This team just can't take praise man. I knew when people started praising his team we would get over confident. You are the freakin Kangz! Play like nobody likes you! Your not the favorite! Your the underdog!

You guys are too funny.

We were quite literally next to the bottom of the well for roughly 16 years, people out there thought we couldn't ever move again. Suddenly this season we moved our limps a bit, and you guys almost just jump to the team's throat and yell "how dare you not just work harder to climb immediately? I expect you to just start ninja-leap up this well by now."

* shrug :rolleyes:*

I'm not upset with this game. They played well enough to give them a good chance at winning near the end. Prior to the road trip you sort of have this feeling that the kings would lose either 2 to 3 times with the tough teams they were going to face. That's why it was vital that they built a good cushion with the 7 game winning streak. The kings are still 1 game over .500. They still have time to right the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.