[Game] Kings vs Rockets 1/11/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entertaining game to be at. Rockets came out in warm ups dancing around and trying (and missing) some ridiculous dunks. They have athletes but barely resemble a real NBA team. No passing. No defense. No direction.

Kings played pretty mediocre for 3qs but hit some shots, plus Domas killing it inside. I am enjoying watching Keegan, tonight he rebounded much better. More aggressive. Keep going Keegan! 4th q we turned it up. Light the beam!

If the Rockets end up with Wemby and Sengun is available for a reasonable price, he'd give the Kings the closest thing to having Sabonis play all 48 minutes.

Good to see Lyles get the DPOG chain. He deserved it. I'd also like to see him get some minutes as the backup 5. He's the same height as Holmes and Metu, but he'd let Brown REALLY space the floor with that second unit.

Lyles is shooting 53 43 81 over his last 10 games. 9 points 6 boards and nearly a block a game in the 18 min. If he could give you at least most of those numbers all season you might need to find an upgrade.

If the Rockets end up with Wemby and Sengun is available for a reasonable price, he'd give the Kings the closest thing to having Sabonis play all 48 minutes.

Good to see Lyles get the DPOG chain. He deserved it. I'd also like to see him get some minutes as the backup 5. He's the same height as Holmes and Metu, but he'd let Brown REALLY space the floor with that second unit.
Would make sense, especially if you pair him with KZ/Keegan type back-up lineups. Maybe get PJ Dozier involved too as another defensive wing. I think he's honestly probably better as a defender at the 5 than he is at the 4; just doesn't have the lateral speed to be chasing wings out on the perimeter. And not like Metu or any of the back-up 5 options provide any defense, so may as well get a floor spacer on the floor.

I do think that KZ-Lyles-Metu frontline the last 2 games has been really effective. So would just keep going to that until it gives us a reason to pivot off

Rockets fans on NBA reddit have said Sengun is baby Jokic and see him as topping out "somewhere between Sabonis and Jokic", if only Houston would use him right.

The only weird thing about Sengun is knowing that Monte coveted Sabonis that he didn't pick him.

Happy he got his triple double last night but it is funny that a 10 10 10 is getting more attention than a 25 14 9. Pretty sure that extra assist didn't count for 15 points :D
Yeah, it was weird to me, especially when Sengun started dropping on draft night. My only thought there is that McNair was very likely given a "win now" edict and a young big isn't likely to help in that regard for a couple seasons.

Yeah, it was weird to me, especially when Sengun started dropping on draft night. My only thought there is that McNair was very likely given a "win now" edict and a young big isn't likely to help in that regard for a couple seasons.
I guess the other things we know about Monte are that he wasn't afraid to flip Haliburton so he's definitely BPA and so maybe it was just a matter of drafting a project big vs. a guy he thought was more valuable even if on another team.

And I guess Houston is developing him even though their developmental system seems to be trash overall given their highest draft picks are floundering.

Sure enjoyed seeing that out of Lyles last night.
He’s an interesting one, a number 12 pick, strong frame with a 7’4” wingspan, can look really nice at times but little impact at other times.
Kind of wonder if he’s just never found a good situation in the league because more games like that would sure solve some problems.
Sengun did look nice, he wasn’t high on my draft list but agree that was a miss.

Would make sense, especially if you pair him with KZ/Keegan type back-up lineups. Maybe get PJ Dozier involved too as another defensive wing. I think he's honestly probably better as a defender at the 5 than he is at the 4; just doesn't have the lateral speed to be chasing wings out on the perimeter. And not like Metu or any of the back-up 5 options provide any defense, so may as well get a floor spacer on the floor.

I do think that KZ-Lyles-Metu frontline the last 2 games has been really effective. So would just keep going to that until it gives us a reason to pivot off
Half way through the season I think we can bet on seeing a lot more of that combo off the bench. Metu and Lyles compliment eachother well. When Brown adds the Fox/Monk combo to that lineup it allows Okpala to be on the floor and do what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.