Kings vs. Pacers 01/05/2001 on NBATV right now

well it is playing on my NBATV subscription right now...i'm in the Philippines though.

is this the game where CWebb scored 51pts?

but it sure is good to see how powerful & quick CWebb was @ that time. he's thrown down a few nasty, wicked & powerfull jams so far in the game. i hope we get that CWebb back--or a big portion of that

#1sacfan

C4_Stojakovic said:
but it sure is good to see how powerful & quick CWebb was @ that time. he's thrown down a few nasty, wicked & powerfull jams so far in the game. i hope we get that CWebb back--or a big portion of that
Yeah great game, shot the ball 50 times for 50 pts. Absolutely amazing. Oh and we lost.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I sure hope they show that game here. I guess I'll have to search around for some kind of schedule. My on-screen guide is just touting the benefits of League Pass and not showing a real schedule.

VF21 said:
I sure hope they show that game here. I guess I'll have to search around for some kind of schedule. My on-screen guide is just touting the benefits of League Pass and not showing a real schedule.
That sounds like the league pass channel and not NBATV, VF. I've got some Celtics at Bucks from 1987 on mine right now.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
#1sacfan said:
Yeah great game, shot the ball 50 times for 50 pts. Absolutely amazing. Oh and we lost.
Yeah 51pts on 50% shooting (47shots BTW). Oh, and in case you forgot, 26 rebounds as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nebs said:
That sounds like the league pass channel and not NBATV, VF. I've got some Celtics at Bucks from 1987 on mine right now.
Same here.

What I'm talking about is when I try to get programming info off the "guide" button for this channel - #560 on DishNet - (by selecting guide, the channel and then hitting the "info" button) what I get is:

"NBATV is all things NBA all the time. Included with an NBA LEAGUE PASS subscription. Call ... to order NBA LEAGUE PASS today."

Bricklayer said:
Yeah 51pts on 50% shooting (47shots BTW). Oh, and in case you forgot, 26 rebounds as well.
Damn! Any chance we'd get to see that old form in even one game soon?

i am in awe! :eek:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
C4_Stojakovic said:
Damn! Any chance we'd get to see that old form in even one game soon?

i am in awe! :eek:
So, does this give you a little more insight into why some of us speak so highly of Chris Webber, the athlete, when he's not dealing with injuries?

;)

That was an exciting game. Webber and Jermaine O'Neal had quite a 4th quarter duel going back and forth at eachother.
Then Peja was open deep in the corner for a go-ahead 3, but Jalen Rose made an awesome recovery to blow it out of bounds with less than a second left.
Then Jason Williams threw an alley-oop to Webber that almost worked and the buzzer sounded with the fans going "awwww" and a disappointed Webber hanging on the rim for a few seconds.

How much cussing and ragging did CWebb get that season? I've never heard of that game, I only started to follow the Kings during the 2002 west conference finals.

You'd think people would hold off on wanting to trading him if he can do stuff like that...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Geoff said:
You'd think people would hold off on wanting to trading him if he can do stuff like that...
You'd think...

But you'll hear any number of reasons why that was a fluke; why Webber isn't really good; etc.

You're new around here, but you'll soon learn that there is a very definitive division among Kings fans when it comes to Webber.

My hope is that this season the whole TEAM will come together and give us all reason to celebrate, instead of continuing to throw darts at our own players and each other.

GO KINGS! ALL OF THEM!!!

If I am not mistaken, that was the year that Chris finished in the Top 5 in MVP voting and was first team All-NBA. Averaged 27 ppg and close to 11 rpg. We are not even asking him to come back to that level. Just consistancy baby!!

VF21 said:
So, does this give you a little more insight into why some of us speak so highly of Chris Webber, the athlete, when he's not dealing with injuries?

;)
a much better & more vivid picture in my mind indeed! i'm saying this based on his individual performance that night. maybe the reason why he shined that night was because most of the team seemed unready to play then.

but srill, that performance was awesome! :eek: