[Game] Kings vs. Nets, 11/15/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

How are we feeling about this team?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ben Simmons?!

I was hoping he'd play so that we could set up a little crow buffet for all the goofballs that wanted to trade Fox for him last year.

Of course pointing out that horrible potential trade of yesteryear would probably cause Ben to go supernova on us and score a whole 10 points!
Your post provoked him- he dropped 11!

I will say, props to Charles and Shaq. Charles wants to see more Kings and less lakers, and Shaq drank the purple kool-aid... (he may be having some sellers remorse today). BUT a giant F@$K YOU to Kenny Smith who clearly doesnt want to even be bothered by talking the kings or learning any Kings players names. Loved how they showed tweets doggin the crew for not knowing anything about the Kings. But it was a bit rediculous how they clearly wanted to pretend like TNT are College Game Day making their way to a mid-major school who is getting its only moment in the sun. The league has dogged this team at every chance from stealing a possible championship in 2002 to treating them like a red headed (not red velvet) stepchild. If im Mike brown i show every clip of the crew talking over the highlights of the kings where clearly they didnt know any of the players, and I'd show TD the clip of Kenny calling him Harris 3-4 time in a row. Take a screen shot and put it on his locker. Motivation.
Funny Smith had a season with the Kings too....

Crazy seeing other teams freak out about their owners. But this comment from reddit takes the cake:
Look at the Kings. Vivek used to be a crazy, Will Ferrell from Semi Pro owner where he had like half time shows of his daughter belly dancing.

He hired a competent GM eventually, got out of the way, and now he’s enjoying the product.

Joe needs to back the hell off

Kings blew the pants off the Nets IN FRONT OF THE COMMISH?
Adam Silver needs to take notice to what is going to be the best story in the NBA this season.... the renaissance of The Greatest Show on Court Part 2!!!

I feel this will be the turning point for this franchise and having the Commish see it first hand can only help!!! There's not going to be a better feel good story in the NBA than the Kings Cinderella story!!!

Tell me THIS and THIS aren't just like Vlade and Bibby?
I mean how fitting is it that when the Kings *knock on wood* are good again, it's modeled after the glory year squad? And honestly, it really does remind me of those same Princeton concepts with tons of off-ball movement, using Domas screens to create space, and no one holding the ball for too long. Obviously with a 2022 NBA flavor with the rate we're launching 3's, but man so many of them are just good open shots.

Davion may find TD taking his spot in the rotation.
TD is 6'4 and plays bigger. As a forward, swingman replaced Keegan Murray tonight after the unfortunate injury. Davion officially, barely 6'0. Mitchell very valuable defensive stopper but a guard who competes mainly with another guard Malik Monk 6'3" for minutes. Kings lucky to have all three regardless who gets the most minutes. The NBA being all about matchups each game.

Shaq and Chuck bantering about playoffs meanwhile the guy who was my favorite King for like 6 months in 1990 hates the team.
Yeah, I was telling my wife that Kenny harbors too much hate from his time with the franchise when it was run by terrible front office personnel and ownership that didn’t have much of a clue.

It is pretty funny, admittedly, when a former nemesis like Shaq likes the city and team better than a former player that was beloved by the fans. Literal irony.

Davion may find TD taking his spot in the rotation.
I don't think you can replace Davion, but you pull from Lyles minutes and start running more Murray/Barnes at the 4 with a sprinkle of Huerter in super-small ball. The TD 3-guard lineups give up size, but man they make up for it with hustle and speed on both ends of the court. It's more than fine in most match-ups around the league.

Long-term, maybe you do look at using Davion for a 3/4 piece if Monk is going to just decide he's an elite playmaker now. And TD has been a bit up and down, but I think he's now had several real impact games in limited minutes. And obviously with the explosion tonight, I don't think you can keep him out of the every-game rotation.

With Huerter's emergence and how freaking good he is with Fox and Sabonis, I think the starting 2 slot is basically wrapped up at this point. And Brown doesn't seem at all willing to explore Fox-Davion together on the floor. It's a tough one because Davion is clearly the best defender on the team, but I'm just not sure there's more than a 18-22 MPG role for him here in the now or even in 2-3 years with Huerter locked up for 4 years, Fox for 4 years and Monk is absolutely playing himself into an extension past his 2-year deal. If he gets you a PJ Washington, Grant Williams, Cam Johnson caliber player that can be a long-term starter? I think you have to think about it.

Seeing comments like this on opposing forums feels like the twilight zone

Look at the Kings. Vivek used to be a crazy, Will Ferrell from Semi Pro owner where he had like half time shows of his daughter belly dancing.
He hired a competent GM eventually, got out of the way, and now he’s enjoying the product.
Joe needs to back the hell off

Status
Not open for further replies.