[Game] Kings vs. Nets, 11/15/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

How are we feeling about this team?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's signed through 24-25, with the final year of his salary at 40M. So, no, he would not be cheap enough in near terms at least. If we were to trade for him, we couldn't without involving a major salary. Just not worth it.

On another note, sensing a slight change in NBA this season. Early days yet, but the teams built around stars surrounded by role players are not doing as well as teams with overall depth. Jazz for example, were expected to be BAD after trading away most of their stars to rebuild, but are doing great. Teams like Nets, Lakers, built with the idea that you ride your stars are faltering.

Let's see how it plays out long term, but if this holds, even less reason to do a 2 for 1 kind of deal, particularly for a player currently so broken.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I voted SLAB, because I love that manic little crazy persona.
I’m up to “Wait and see” after last night, give me one loss tho. (We should beat SA and Det, before losing the entire road trip to send everyone into despair again)

It’s kind of funny. In real life I’m shockingly optimistic and grounded… but sportsball? That’s a whole different thing. Nothing will ever work out and my teams will never win. It just is.

Better defense, good rebounding, moving on offense.
I have not seen the Kings in awhile. This was astounding.
Heurter is long and moves without the ball. A great post up shooter with quick release.
Fox pushing the offense with flashes of great defense.
Sebonis is a point center.
Barnes meshing with other players well.
Murray is a great addition.
Terrance Davis is definitely a streaky player. Very impressive.
Monk has always been good since his days with Fox at Kentucky.

I hate that im getting used to this whole winning thing. Every loss is gonna hurt me more than ever before during this drought
If this is for real, and I’ll still wait another 6 games or so to confirm, I think fans will need to shift from worrying about each win and loss to thinking about how we are playing in stretches ( say 5-6 games at a time) it’s not like the NFL were a good team might have 3-4 losses in a season. Good teams in the NBA will still lose a 1/3 of their games or more.

the team can’t go into a game thinking they should beat the Spurs because they are supposedly tanking or we will lose. Each night the game is Winnable or losable.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I’m up to “Wait and see” after last night, give me one loss tho. (We should beat SA and Det, before losing the entire road trip to send everyone into despair again)
If Sacramento sweeps the remainder of its homestand, that'll be the best record y'all have had since before Malone was fired, right?

Better hope Sabonis doesn't come down with mono... :eek:

If this is for real, and I’ll still wait another 6 games or so to confirm, I think fans will need to shift from worrying about each win and loss to thinking about how we are playing in stretches ( say 5-6 games at a time) it’s not like the NFL were a good team might have 3-4 losses in a season. Good teams in the NBA will still lose a 1/3 of their games or more.

the team can’t go into a game thinking they should beat the Spurs because they are supposedly tanking or we will lose. Each night the game is Winnable or losable.
This is very true and important to keep in mind. There's a reason many of us still felt somewhat ok after the 0-4 start

I'd like like every single player to go on youtube and try to find highlights of this game (outside the sac media) and see how the national media are still talking. "The Nets gave up 153 points to the SACRAMENTO KINGS! What is going on in Brooklyn. How bad is this team to lose like this to SACRAMENTO, who hasnt made the playoffs blah blah blabbiddy blah..." The only props they give to the Kings is, "give them credit" but everyone from ESPN to Yes networks (NYC) is like that is just bad defense and of course the pro-ball players will carve you up if you give em open shots. NOBODY believes in this team yet (cant 100% blame em) except Shaq and Marc Spears. So keep those clips on constant role in the locker room... pee these dudes off so they continue to shove it down the throats of the Sam Mitchells, Kenny Smiths, Tony Kornheisers of the world (mind you, on a personally i like all 3 but now when it comes to their takes on the Kings).

The #beamteam and #band-aidcrew is cute, fun and should continue, BUT, that should only be for the Kings fans. For the rest of the league, this team needs to borrow a bit from pro wrestling and the moto should be #AcknowledgeUS as they beat you into submission. The thing i loved about last game was they didnt let up. They kept putting their foot on the throat of the nets and did not give them any air. That needs to carryover. The game coming up against SA is a traditional trap game for Sacramento. Coming not 1 but 2 big wins against teams with high expectations, they often lay a big goose egg against teams they SHOULD beat.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan

Very interesting team usage shift on offense, but makes perfect sense when we watch how well executed the offense has been. Domas screens and decision making are a giant reason we're 2nd in ORtg

Makes sense..I remember 2 or 3 years ago there was a interview with Dearron Fox when Luke Walton was coaching and he mentioned "going 1 on 1 often" which was a philosophy of the Kings offense to win a game with Dearron going 1-4 flat often..

He basically summed up the interview saying "you sometimes have to go 1 on 1 to win games" which is a true statement, but back then it was reflective of the teams philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.