Kings vs Lakers Game Thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, how many minutes did Kobe clock in the first half?

I think they want this game.

46-44 Lakers at the half...

Yeah, this game does not count but it's important for the Lakers to get some kind of momentum. What's scary though is the type of game type play - it's injury prone.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Lamar_Odom said:
Yeah, this game does not count but it's important for the Lakers to get some kind of momentum. What's scary though is the type of game type play - it's injury prone.
Who are You kidding ?

Of course it counts.

Last time it did not count - DC beat up Fox who eventually had to retire.

VF21 said:
According to the Laker boradcaster on the sidelines, as to whose name I have not a clue, Kobe is super-hyped and acting like this is a play-off game. At one point, he grabbed the clip-board from Rudy during a timeout and said, "Rebound and run, guys. Get the rebound FIRST and then run!!"
When I heard that, I cringed at the potential BSPN spin. "Kobe controls Rudy T too..." :rolleyes:

Paul Sunderland is the play by play guy for the Lakers. I'm glad Kobe is into it. He didn't seem real happy that the 10 point lead got cut to 2 points by a bunch of players who won't be on the Kings squad next week.

piksi

Hall of Famer
JB_kings said:
He didn't seem real happy that the 10 point lead got cut to 2 points by a bunch of players who won't be on the Kings squad next week.
So I have to watch them a whole an other week
:eek:

How about tomorow.

Ya, I heard that Kobe bit, too - that he's hyper - because I'm in LA (ugh) so I'm watching the LA broadcast with my nephew, who happens to be a huge Laker fan. Duh, figures. He's annoying the hell out of me - typical - because he loves making fun of the Kings and he screams every time the Lakers make a good play but it's funny too because he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time (he's 12).... Anyway, it's sooo good to see the Kings again... Sorry if this is off-topic.. Halftime anyway. :D Sorry...

Not good fg% for the Kings this half, huh?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
JB_kings said:
Paul Sunderland is the play by play guy for the Lakers.
It wasn't the p-b-p guy. It was the guy wandering around the sidelines. I'd guess their equivalent of Jim Kozimore...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, once again the cameras catch Webber and Pedja yucking it up... I wonder why that is? After all, with all the animosity between the two of them, they shouldn't even be sitting next to each other, should they?

I know... It's all an elaborate act, scripted and everything, to fool people. It couldn't possibly be that certain media types took things, made really big mountains out of little teeny molehills, and the truth is now coming to light. Could it?

;)

VF21 said:
Okay, once again the cameras catch Webber and Pedja yucking it up... I wonder why that is? After all, with all the animosity between the two of them, they shouldn't even be sitting next to each other, should they?

I know... It's all an elaborate act, scripted and everything, to fool people. It couldn't possibly be that certain media types took things, made really big mountains out of little teeny molehills, and the truth is now coming to light. Could it?

;)
Yeah, zen Sacramento style. ;)

50pts

VF21 said:

;)
ofcourse its an act its all part of the larger plan.....

Gargamel said:
Departure from previous years where Jackson would play our scrubs to death in the preseason.
And play the vets to death in the regular seasonl. I like Rudy T.'s style - find talent within the team, and develop a system to utilize them. Not bad.